R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beasleyboy, leathereette is very tough wearing - so don't worry about that and it is easy to keep clean, too. I really like the Pure Silver with the body colored roof and think you new Clubman looks wonderful! Add another one to the yet to be started Pure Silver Club. Congratulations - and don't second guess yourself on this MINI, you'll love her!

Bryan Cook - yours is quite the beauty, too and Gumpper, try again - you can add them as attachments or upload them into your gallery but the same photos can't be in more than one place.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by bryan cook
took delivery of my 09 standard clubman last week!

lightning blue/silver roof/automatic trans/punchcarbonblack leather/sport seat, premium package, multifunction steering wheel, ipod adapter in the little glove box, chrome line interior and exterior/hifi sound sytem/arm rest/pacific blue color line interior/OEM roof rack

SO THRILLED. other than the ill-featured "cd changer" software to control the iPod, i could not possibly be happier!!

http://gallery.mac.com/bryangcook#10...lack&view=grid

hooray,
-b.
GREAT pics..and beautiful clubbie, Bryan! I never noticed the reflectors on the open barn doors before! Did you install the rack yourself?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Here's a pic of my new Clubman He's so new, I haven't changed my sig yet He's my third MINI But my 1st S

Lois

Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Looking Good! Enjoy!!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:57 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool Clubman's everyone!!! Glad to see a lot of JustaClubman's getting delivered

I predict photos of a new PS/B with roof rails will be posted before the end of the day tomorrow Someone won't sleep much tonight!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:55 PM
byl
1st Gear
Hello everyone!!

Well, I've had my '09 Clubman S for 11 days now and only just now found this thread. Had been stickin' to the DC Metro Minis forum, and then my MA told me about this one!! How cool to see all of the new Clubman's!!!

Okay, so, my MINI is named Vic. He's BRG w/silver stripes and very handsome!! Here are some pics:

Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
Kazzie finally arrived. After waiting three months, I still have to wait another week because of my work schedule. I never was sure about the wheels, couldn't decide between the 5-spoke or 7-spoke wheels. I could never decide between pure silver or sparkling silver. Sadly, the dealer had no sparkling silver demos so I didn't know what it looked like. The term is misleading, it should be called champagne or something similar. I also wonder if I should have gotten leather instead of leatherette because I heard on several older posts about the leatherette cracking early. They got the racing stripes right. I just have to wait a long week to get her.
Very nice - love the stripes. I don't know how you're waiting...I almost died .

Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by lurch70
cool Clubman's everyone!!! Glad to see a lot of JustaClubman's getting delivered

I predict photos of a new PS/B with roof rails will be posted before the end of the day tomorrow Someone won't sleep much tonight!
Hmmm..who could that be? Guess I'll hafta log in tomorrow for that, huh?

Old 10-19-2008, 11:56 PM
bryan cook
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
GREAT pics..and beautiful clubbie, Bryan! I never noticed the reflectors on the open barn doors before! Did you install the rack yourself?
thats interesting, i never noticed those reflectors either.

i had the dealer install the rack. seemed tricky and originally i thought i'd remove the crossbars during the summer season and just take off the ski attachments. now i've grown found of how they look and figure maybe i'll get the bike attachments for summer use...

the ski/board attachments do make a lot of rattling noise. when i take them off the crossbars are dead silent. its just the ski/board attachment rattles within itself. i figure thats nothing a little rubber and weather stripping can't fix, keep the plastic from banging on plastic....

Old 10-20-2008, 04:19 AM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
Very nice - love the stripes. I don't know how you're waiting...I almost died .
Thanks. BTW, how long did you have to wait for yours? I've been told the record is a YEAR by one person on NAM who somehow managed to be one of the first in the country to place an order! I'd be tearing my hair out within six months if I had to wait that long!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Ok...

YAY! CONGRATS!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
Thanks. BTW, how long did you have to wait for yours? I've been told the record is a YEAR by one person on NAM who somehow managed to be one of the first in the country to place an order! I'd be tearing my hair out within six months if I had to wait that long!
We ordered in August, the car went into production in late September and then arrived in California October 13th-ish. We picked it up on October 18th. So, about 3 months, which was long enough. I could not wait a year.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
MiniStupidfun
6th Gear

I am going to take delivery on friday.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
ebh
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by byl
Hello everyone!!

Well, I've had my '09 Clubman S for 11 days now and only just now found this thread. Had been stickin' to the DC Metro Minis forum, and then my MA told me about this one!! How cool to see all of the new Clubman's!!!

Okay, so, my MINI is named Vic. He's BRG w/silver stripes and very handsome!! Here are some pics:

Vic is awesome, congrats!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
ebh
2nd Gear
What an awesome car!! rasputinj waxed it this morning before going out motoring. I drove to the beach and he drove back (hey - have to compromise). This Clubman handles sooo nicely. And goes up the mountains in the canyon with great ease. It is so dang fun to drive. Here are some pictures of our road trip today out to Pacific Coast Highway and the ocean. BTW - rasputinj had his passport picture taken today in his Linkin Park shirt - crazy. Enjoy!

nice to see they didn't drill your front bumper. are you getting the tow hook license plate mount? I ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet (just got my plates and probably should install them soon) so we'll see how it works out. Wish we didn't have to have front plates at all! As for the two of your tastes in music (as gleaned from the t-shirts being worn), my vote goes to the flaming lips.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
ebh - not sure yet how we're going to handle the front plates. I'm kind of toying with not installing them at all (I know, I'm a rebel). We'll see...if we do install them, it will be on the special side mount thing.

Thanks (for the Flamming Lips comment)! We like all sorts of music minus country. Attending concerts is one of our hobbies.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Alphawave
. Attending concerts is one of our hobbies.
Same here..sometimes 4 shows a week! LOL Tonight Patti Smith (legend)..day after tomorrow Dave Brubeck (another legend). Have a Xmas cruise to Mexico coming up, so we're having to tighten the belt concertwise as year-end approaches. :| Mexican riviera better be worth it (I have to sell my Metallica tix as it falls on a cruise day)!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Drum roll for my new roof rails and their Pure Silver and Black MCCa '09 and for more check out the Clubman Flickr Pool: http://flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-img_1087.jpg  

Last edited by Otra; 10-20-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: photo
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Very nice, Otra!! Looking sharp!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
crossbars?

Nice Clubman... Did they include crossbars for the roof rails?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Drum roll for my new roof rails and their Pure Silver and Black MCCa '09 and for more check out the Clubman Flickr Pool: http://flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/.
YEAAAAAAAAA Otra!! Congratulations! Looks sharp and love those roof rails!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
MiniStupidfun
6th Gear
She will be mine on Friday.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Thanks all - I really like this color combination...and the roof rails are great! We will either use the cross bars we have (that are on our aged Volvo) or buy some other Thule ones.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
uuuuuh yeah!!!!

this combo suits you so much better BB! ... the chrome looks great as well.
you were right, the chrome line on silver is not that "loud".
black and silver works great!!!

see you Sunday!!!

here it is in its full size glory

Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Alphawave
Suh-weet! Love the chrome, Otra! I sense lots of pavement in your near future!

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here