R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkerton
PS, in case anyone was wondering...I did NOT go see High School Musical 3!
What are you talking about? I thought you were the moderator on the HSM forum I go to. I really like Zach..

I really like the scuttles Parkerton, I am a bit cheap to put out close to $400 for them. I was thinking of getting the vinyl checkered stickers from AE. If I do not like them we are only out $30. If we do like them we have saved over $300.

I wish you could just pop out the chrome part of the scuttle and pop in the checkered piece. If that was the case I would have purchased it already.

I fly up to SF tomorrow for a meeting at our South SF office, I will keep my eyes open for your beautiful Clubman.

Last edited by rasputinj; 10-27-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
??? High School Musical 3?? What??

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rasputinj
What are you talking about? I thought you were the moderator on the HSM forum I go to. I really like Zach..

I really like the scuttles Parkerton, I am a bit cheap to put out close to $400 for them. I was thinking of getting the vinyl checkered stickers from AE. If I do not like them we are only out $30. If we do like them we have saved over $300.

I wish you could just pop out the chrome part of the S and pop in the checkered piece. If that was the case I would have purchased it already.

I fly up to SF tomorrow for a meeting at our South SF office, I will keep my eyes open for your beautiful Clubman.
You're funny!!! Alright, don't tell anyone I moderate the HSM forum.

Since I have a non-S, I HAD to switch out the scuttles. It's not that I'm especially enamored with the UJ scuttles (although I do like them very much), it's just that the stock scuttles look really plasticky and cheap on the non-S. If I had an S like I believe you do, I would be perfectly content to keep that stock scuttle cause I think it looks good. But the non-S scuttle?

Do you work in biotech? There are a lot of biotechs in South San Francisco. If you fly in during commute hours, look for my CR/S Clubman on the 101

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Alphawave

Since I have a non-S, I HAD to switch out the scuttles. It's not that I'm especially enamored with the UJ scuttles (although I do like them very much), it's just that the stock scuttles look really plasticky and cheap on the non-S. If I had an S like I believe you do, I would be perfectly content to keep that stock scuttle cause I think it looks good. But the non-S scuttle?

Do you work in biotech? There are a lot of biotechs in South San Francisco. If you fly in during commute hours, look for my CR/S Clubman on the 101
Lookin mighty fine, Parkerton! I'm having a tiff with the wiff over the scuttles..I think Pelle would look superb with a small 'splash' of UJ color (I agree it beats the h*ll outta the stock black 'stuff'), but she thinks it would draw attention away from the clean, sleekness of the color combo..she says I'll mess it all up! I was then thinking of the black/grey UJ instead, add a touch of chrome, methinks... Still, I'm undecided, and the cost is rather more than the worth. How much did you end up paying? It was hands-down worth it on your beautiful clubbie!

If some bored soul who happens to be a whiz with Photoshop would like a small project: Take my gallery pic 'Working on my tan' and add the RWB UJ scuttle to it, and email it to me...I could possibly convince the wife it won't be ruined, and you'll be my new bestest friend (which could go either way).

Last edited by Alphawave; 10-27-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Meet Dory!

Here is my new 'baby'! Just picked her up Saturday and we're up to 300 miles already... I'm loving the mileage (30+ in stop and go, compared to the <16 in my Mountaineer!) and driving is a blast!

So happy to join the 'Clubman Club'!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
Lookin mighty fine, Parkerton! I'm having a tiff with the wiff over the scuttles..I think Pelle would look superb with a small 'splash' of UJ color (I agree it beats the h*ll outta the stock black 'stuff'), but she thinks it would draw attention away from the clean, sleekness of the color combo..she says I'll mess it all up! I was then thinking of the black/grey UJ instead, add a touch of chrome, methinks... Still, I'm undecided, and the cost is rather more than the worth. How much did you end up paying? It was hands-down worth it on your beautiful clubbie!

If some bored soul who happens to be a whiz with Photoshop would like a small project: Take my gallery pic 'Working on my tan' and add the RWB UJ scuttle to it, and email it to me...I could possibly convince the wife it won't be ruined, and you'll be my new bestest friend (which could go either way).
Thanks Alphawave! I bought them here for about $200 for the pair + holders.

http://new.minimania.com/web/Item/G2.../InvDetail.cfm

HEY!!! I just checked out your gallery and noticed your Clubbie is the same one that I commented on on Flickr yesterday! I love your color combo and totally get what your wife is saying (no, I’m not taking her side on this one). I guess I would be more apt to go with the BW UJ, checkerflag, or some of the other aftermarket silver scuttles out there…hmm, I guess I am taking her side afterwards. Sorry, gotta call em as I see em.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Congrats Wurking girl!! Looking real pretty!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Alphawave
Thanks Alphawave! I bought them here for about $200 for the pair + holders.

http://new.minimania.com/web/Item/G2.../InvDetail.cfm

HEY!!! I just checked out your gallery and noticed your Clubbie is the same one that I commented on on Flickr yesterday! I love your color combo and totally get what your wife is saying (no, I’m not taking her side on this one). I guess I would be more apt to go with the BW UJ, checkerflag, or some of the other aftermarket silver scuttles out there…hmm, I guess I am taking her side afterwards. Sorry, gotta call em as I see em.
Excellent! I'll check'm out!
It's okay to take sides...I wouldn't have mentioned it if I was decided! Still, I'd love to see a 'shopped pic, as the suspense is rattling! I do think chrome/white lens would look super, though. Thanks Parkerton!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear

Yes my spouse and I work for a Biotech based out of Thousand Oaks with an office in South SF very near Genentech. I will keep an eye out on the 101. The scuttle price looks a lot better than on MiniUSA. I might have to upgrade. How is the quality of the plastic carrier compared to the original one? Is the Mini Mania part aftermarket or OEM?

I finally get the HSM reference, after looking at your picture about 20 times, I guess when I see a clubman I have tunnel vision.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Why don't you two meet for Clubman talk?! rasputinj flew up there today for business??? Ok, just a thought.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
eyevin68
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
Here is my new 'baby'! Just picked her up Saturday and we're up to 300 miles already... I'm loving the mileage (30+ in stop and go, compared to the <16 in my Mountaineer!) and driving is a blast!

Sweet ride wurking girl, Congrats. Love your sticker!

Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
[QUOTE=rasputinj;2529215]How is the quality of the plastic carrier compared to the original one? Is the Mini Mania part aftermarket or OEM?
QUOTE]

The MINI Mania part is OEM. However, given that the quality of the original scuttle is nominal at best, I'd say that the plastic carrier is comparable.

Swapping out the non-S scuttle is really a case of addition by subtraction.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Formula Fun
1st Gear
Hello

We picked up our Clubman a week ago Friday...we love having it. Here's a couple of photos:

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dsc01158.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-dsc01161.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Formula Fun
Hello

We picked up our Clubman a week ago Friday...we love having it. Here's a couple of photos:
YUM!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
[quote=Parkerton;2529272]
Originally Posted by rasputinj
How is the quality of the plastic carrier compared to the original one? Is the Mini Mania part aftermarket or OEM?
QUOTE]

The MINI Mania part is OEM. However, given that the quality of the original scuttle is nominal at best, I'd say that the plastic carrier is comparable.

Swapping out the non-S scuttle is really a case of addition by subtraction.
Good to know they are OEM...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Formula Fun
Hello

Love your wheels and I have to say, "Formula Fun" would get my nod as best screen name

Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Congrats to you both - working_gurl, and Formula Fun - on your beauties! Always have loved Lightening Blue and that HC with black stripes looks very sharp!

And, um, Alphawave, old buddy, I have to say that I cast my lot with your wife and Parkerton regarding those scuttles... I think you should concentrate on coco mats and forget about changing out the scuttles unless, as Parkerton suggest, you can find some nice aftermarket silver scuttles...and when you find some nice ones, let me know.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Beautiful, Formula Fun! Love the reflection of the leaves in the HC...

Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Grubman
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With new wheels and springs

Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
MiniBoz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl

Love the car! Enjoy!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Looks great, Grubman! Love all the checkered bits! Do you have a bigger photo of your interior you could share? (the one in your siggy)

Old 10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by Otra
And, um, Alphawave, old buddy, I have to say that I cast my lot with your wife and Parkerton regarding those scuttles... I think you should concentrate on coco mats and forget about changing out the scuttles unless, as Parkerton suggest, you can find some nice aftermarket silver scuttles...and when you find some nice ones, let me know.
/Homer-voice "MMmmmm...COCO MATS!"

I hear ya..all of ya (even you, dear!) No splash of color..it's either the black UJ, or a solid chrome, with a new white lens/amber bulb.

Formula Fun and Grubman- Beautiful clubbies you both have! We 'need' interior pics too! Fill up your galleries, add them to Flicker pool!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Let me know when and where you find the solid chrome, OK?

Grubman, very nice HC on the beach! Hadn't thought about off-roading with the Clubman before. Love those North Carolina beaches, too.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Great photo Grubman, love the backdrop.

She's a beauty Parkerton! (scuttles rocks on your red)

Forumula Fun, great stripes and nice shots of the foliage, the htc looks great in those colors.

wurking-girl, very sporty!

Alphawave, I'm with the others, hold out of silver...jmhho

Thanks for all the pics everyone, I haven't seen a DS posted for some time, maybe mine will be next.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM
buddylove
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Grubman
Looks great

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here