R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM
adgeman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deano

I posted this photo of my new guy in the CR club but since I feel like a proud father I thought I'd post the photo here too so here's Deano!

I'm looking at getting the sills colour-coded but I'd love to see photos of this before so anyone ever seen photos of a Chili Red with the painted sills?

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-deano5.jpg  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:35 AM
minimarine
2nd Gear
Deano,

That looks fantastic! I always thought a white contrasting roof was the best look for a MINI and never understood why it wasn't offered on the Clubman. Very nice job with the correct mirror treatment as well.

A lot of folks here have made the top of the c-pillars black. I think that's what you are talking about when you say "sills". It does look nice. The only thing missing is the chrome strip on the pillars.

Great job though. I'm jealous.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Otra
6th Gear
adgeman, you must post some photos on the Clubman Flickr Pool: http://www.flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/.

Last edited by Otra; 01-29-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: addressing post to human, not his MINI.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 AM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by adgeman
I posted this photo of my new guy in the CR club but since I feel like a proud father I thought I'd post the photo here too so here's Deano!

I'm looking at getting the sills colour-coded but I'd love to see photos of this before so anyone ever seen photos of a Chili Red with the painted sills?
VERY nice! I love the white roof!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
dvhone
3rd Gear
adgeman, I work on the North Shore near that bridge...Nice shot, nice car. Maybe I can duplicate it when mine arrives in the next little while.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Oh, Deano is beautiful!

I really like the contrasting roof but I especially like the body colored c-pillars! Do I see white bonnet stripes too? Congrats!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I love the white roof! If the white roof were a factory option, I might have gone with the BRG as I love the BRG and white combo.

Thanks for posting pics.

I know that I've seen pics of matching wheel arches and those also look cool -- probably somewhere in this thread.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 AM
adgeman
1st Gear
Is it stupid of me to feel a sense of pride with everyone praising my car? Thanks for all the comments.

Yup they're white bonnet stripes - basically anything that was silver on the car is now either red or white. We were originally planning to get a BRG 09 Clubman Cooper and give him the white treatment but this 08 S was such a good deal we couldn't turn it down.

Sills I think is the English word for all the black plastic around the wheel arches and the base of the car. I think this might be my next treat once i've figured out where I can get my brake caliper's painted - silly I know but...

We're hoping for good weather on sunday on our trip up Cyprus so I should be able to add some new shots to the Flickr page.

Thanks everyone.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
rlw
3rd Gear
Check out my new whip, BluByU!!

I just picked up my new toy this past Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday) and I'm quite pleased. The car drives like a dream, very responsive handling and pretty good grunt. It has the Premium Pkg., the Cold Weather Pkg., and the BlueTooth Pkg. I think this one's a keeper!

-RW-

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-img_0226.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-img_0231.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-img_0224.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I *love* the name! BluByU! Fan-freakin-tastic!

Congrats, and happy motoring!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
I just noticed that the gas caps on the S versions are chrome and does not have a cover. Is that an option or standard? It's kinda driving me nuts-never been a fan of those. :X

Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Standard on an MCS. Accessory on an MC.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by IzzyG
I just noticed that the gas caps on the S versions are chrome and does not have a cover. Is that an option or standard? It's kinda driving me nuts-never been a fan of those. :X
The chrome *is* a cover. It flips open, and there's another cap on the nozzle.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
I just picked up my new toy this past Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday) and I'm quite pleased. The car drives like a dream, very responsive handling and pretty good grunt. It has the Premium Pkg., the Cold Weather Pkg., and the BlueTooth Pkg. I think this one's a keeper!

-RW-
Love it and LOVE the name!!! Congrats!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
The chrome *is* a cover. It flips open, and there's another cap on the nozzle.
Ah ok. On the regular MCC, there's a cover that is flushed to the body. Do you get to pick the color of the cover or is it always chrome?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Always chrome. I think you'd have to replace the cap with the body color on your own. Someone did that here with a PW Clubbie....can't remember who? Was it you MiniFireman? I think they are friends with RallyStance...

Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
The Cooper S cap only comes in chrome. MinSpeed sells them already painted if you want though.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:22 PM
CJP
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
I just picked up my new toy this past Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday) and I'm quite pleased.
You should be; BlueByU is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos. What interior options do you have?

Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
rlw
3rd Gear
BluByU - In the beginning...

Lady Godiva wrote:

>> I *love* the name! BluByU! Fan-freakin-tastic! <<

Why thank you, Lady G.! I'm applying for a vanity plate, we'll see if I get it. And, I love your screen name - wanna go horseback riding sometime (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)?

CJP wondered:

>> What interior options do you have? <<

Hmmm, I'm not really sure. I bought the car used (3880 mi.) and it didn't come with the original window sticker. So I've had to glean what options/packages it has from the items I see. I know it has the regular seats with the cloth/leatherette in black/dk. gray (no lumbar supports, bummer). It also has the standard silver trim on the dash and door panels. I believe it also has the standard headliner which is okay by me - I don't want them killing any Alcantaras for my benefit

It has the standard audio system, which isn't terrific but will do. It also has the iPod/USB option, we'll have to see if my Sansa E280 will work with that. Because it has the Cold Weather Pkg., it has the seat heater buttons and the tres cool power-folding mirrors - my daughter discovered this last night, I was stoked! I also have the leather-wrapped wheel instead of the woody.

Other than that, I don't see any of the optional interior goodies.

I've had my eyes on the Cooper S Clubman model since it was first released. I remember thinking that someone had finally made the perfect car for me - Fast, Handles well, Looks terrific, Gets great gas mileage, and is Reasonably priced. And I've been patiently doing Google searches periodically in an effort to find one with the proper color and options. Actually, if I had ordered the car new, I probably would have gotten a body-colored roof. However, now that I've seen the black roof mated with those awesome dual moonroofs, I am VERY glad that I ended up with the black roof. The moonroofs blend in perfectly with the black roof, it looks very slick from above.

Anyway, this past weekend my Google search turned up this car at a nearby Mazda dealer. I made a quick phone call to make sure they still had it and was then out the door in a jiffy. The dealership was very nice and allowed me to drive the car almost immediately - I'm their perfect demographic: Middle-aged white guy with a good salary, owns his house free and clear, and has an 800 FICO score .

During the test ride, the salesman was very cool and didn't flip-out when I put the car thru its paces. I let him know in advance when I was going to do some of my "moves" and that helped to settle him - Example: "Okay, I'm going to stand on the binders pretty hard in this upcoming decreasing radius turn, is that okay with you?" Of course, he nods agreement and I then proceed to try to get the car to loop in the corner. Naturally, the DSC pretty much prevented that, and I was sold on the handling prowess of the little bugger.

The brakes are downright awesome, too! I have never had brakes this good before, gotta keep an eye on the rearview mirror lest someone runs up your backside!

I just got off thephone with a local installer of the Invisishield clear bra stuff and it looks like I'll be taking the car in to have the hood, front bumper, and mirrors protected. In addition, I'm going to have the windows tinted. The quote I got was $700 for the whole enchilada, does this sound like a fair deal? And, does anyone have any experience with installers of said products here in the Washington, DC metro area?

I am truly glad to have the car and doubly glad to have found this forum and you fine folks. Believe me, in the years to come you guys are gonna be sick of hearing from RW about his beloved BluByU - w00t!!

-RW-

Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
Why thank you, Lady G.! I'm applying for a vanity plate, we'll see if I get it. And, I love your screen name - wanna go horseback riding sometime (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)?

Funny you mention that...Wolfeee and I were just discussing doing that at the Dragon this year.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
rlw
3rd Gear
Perhaps we could follow Penthouse magazine's example and auction off the seats after the ride - yowza!!

BTW, I really like the driving lamps shown in your sig's 1st picture - any info. available on those (price, efficacy, etc...) ?

I'm seriously considering attending the Dragon run coming up. My experience with The Dragon comes from running my hotted-up Bandit 1200 (motorcycle) there - I bet the Mini would be BIG TIME fun on that road.

There are also several nearby roads that are not as well-known as The Dragon, but they are every bit as challenging and rewarding...

PS, I love your little motto (Got Twisties?) - very clever!

-RW-

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
Perhaps we could follow Penthouse magazine's example and auction off the seats after the ride - yowza!!

BTW, I really like the driving lamps shown in your sig's 1st picture - any info. available on those (price, efficacy, etc...) ?
Thanks! There's a lot more pictures in my gallery. They are the OEM driving lamps, installed at the dealer before I took delivery. It cost me an insane amount of money...I want to say maybe $700 for parts and installation? But I wanted them, and I didn't want to mess with aftermarket stuff. They only work when your headlights are on hi-beam. I also have the Xenons, and quite frankly, they are more than enough to light these dark mountain twisty roads. When I turn on the driving lamps, I really don't see a huge improvement on top of the hibeam Xenons. In all honesty, I did not get them for function. I got them, because I think they look kick@$$.

I'm seriously considering attending the Dragon run coming up. My experience with The Dragon comes from running my hotted-up Bandit 1200 (motorcycle) there - I bet the Mini would be BIG TIME fun on that road.

There are also several nearby roads that are not as well-known as The Dragon, but they are every bit as challenging and rewarding...
The Dragon is a blast in the MINI. You need to come!! I have driven it several times, since I only live about an hour and a half away. There's no shortage of awesome twisties here in Western NC, that is for sure. How blessed am I? Paradise for a MINI owner.

PS, I love your little motto (Got Twisties?) - very clever!
Thanks!

Last edited by LadyGodiva; 02-05-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
OldLoad
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coopdy
I love the white roof! If the white roof were a factory option, I might have gone with the BRG as I love the BRG and white combo.
I'm with Coopdy; I would have gone with BRG if it came with the white roof!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Always chrome. I think you'd have to replace the cap with the body color on your own. Someone did that here with a PW Clubbie....can't remember who? Was it you MiniFireman? I think they are friends with RallyStance...
rasputinj and I liked the look of MINI Fireman's, so we're having our chrome cap replaced next month at the Vegas MINI 'get-together' so that it matches our PW. I think it's a cleaner look .

Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
rasputinj and I liked the look of MINI Fireman's, so we're having our chrome cap replaced next month at the Vegas MINI 'get-together' so that it matches our PW. I think it's a cleaner look .
Pics!! You must share pics!!

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here