R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow - that looks great! Thanks, OH6, for providing pix so soon after delivery. How 'bout some more, maybe some different angles, and ones showing the inteior as well. I can't quite tell for sure from the one posted what color-line you have or which interior trim surface - looks like Gray, with Fluid Silver? How do you like the Laser Blue/Silver combo? Does it meet your expectations? I've yet to see one in the sunlight, as it seems to be one of the more difficult combinations to find on the lot so far. Best of Luck with it!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 AM
nomo1982
1st Gear
Originally Posted by OH6
Here's WALT! I picked him up yesterday!
Walt is a shiny blue beauty . I love the way the sun is reflecting from his grill.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:36 AM
OH6
1st Gear
I did consider the black roof just before I ordered - but in the configurator, the silver seemed to look better. My MA and the Sales Manager like the Silver idea since they had not seen one and thought the colors would look good together - so I went with the Silver.

As soon as I saw him in the sunlight - I knew I made the right choice. Exceeds my expectations - super fun ride.

I have had to spend a few days getting all the gadgets working to my specs. I nearly pulled my hair out over programming the garage door opener with the integrated remote buttons on the rear view mirror. In the end I had to dig out the garage door opener's manual to get the proper instructions, which were very simple and finally got done.

I added some more pics in my gallery. There is one of the cockpit with the details - it is fluid silver - chose that on ordering day since I had gone with the brushed alloy at first, but when I saw it on a demo, I just didn't like it.

I will take and post more pictures this weekend. It did rain here for a few days so he's not a shiny as he was on delivery day.

Here's the build info:

Silver Roof/Mirrors $0
Silver Rear C-Pillar Trim INC
Laser Blue Body Color $
White Turn Signals

Premium Package $
Cold Weather Package $
Convenience Package $
Sport Package $

Dynamic Stability Control STD
6-Speed Auto w/Agitronic Mode $
Front Fog Lamps STD
Rear Fog Lamp $

Mud Flaps front and rear axle
Black Rubber Floor Mat (front & back)
Magnetic Stone Guards
Invisishield: Upper Kit
Invisishield: Lower Kit
Invisishield: Fog Light Kit
"Let's Motor" Black Frame
Silver Sport Stripes
Trunk Mat
Center Arm Rest/Console
Wheel Locks

Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 AM
nomo1982
1st Gear
Great to see the additional pics . I really like your sport stripes but I'm sticking with the traditional stripes as the husband vastly prefers their aesthetic. I'm really on the fence about the mud flaps. Both the LasB's posted so far have them and they look good so I gotta mull that one. I still am pondering the chrome bonnet scoop too.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
OH6
1st Gear
More Pix

I just added more photos to my gallery... all kinds of angles.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OH6
I just added more photos to my gallery... all kinds of angles.
Really appreciate the effort that went into taking all those extra pix! They look beautiful, especially the sport stripes. I've been enjoying them all as I wait for ours to be delivered.

How do you like the Fluid Silver interior trim? I chose the Brushed Alloy because of the additional silver piece on the door handle but didn't realize the door rings were gray matte. You may have made a better choice with regard to the "look" in the back seat, as I prefer the shinier finish on the door rings (don't think there's much I can do about it now, though). One further question about the shot focusing on the back seat area; it appears that the dark gray arm rest is missing, or is that just the lighting fooling the camera?

Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 PM
OH6
1st Gear
Really like the Fluid Silver - glad I went with it. They had none on the lot - say they don't get much request for it - so they don't put it in their specs. I took the chance and really like it.

The armrest you're asking about - in the back under the window by the cup holder? It's there, could be the light. If you're referring to the one in the Front between the seats - I got the aftermarket one installed by the dealer - seemed sturdier and had a better height to it - give me something to lean on.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Carve906
5th Gear
I know this is an "ancient" post... but does anyone out there have any custom/unique stripes or other graphics they have done with this color combo?