R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Prost
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?

Anyone had pictures of this combo?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Miniman3
1st Gear
I just bought this combo but havn't taken any pics yet. Hopefully this weekend if it's clear.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
So where are the pix? Anybody who's got this combo. or actually seen it in person care to comment on it? It seems very difficult to photograph accurately and changes quite a bit with varying light, as is the case with a lot of the metallics. The photos I've seen (at least on my monitor) make it look different/darker than it actually does "in the flesh". I know it's deeper than "Electric Blue", but very similar, IMO. We chose ours based on looking at an "S" hatch with a white roof and had to imagine from there. Does the silver roof change it much? There don't seem to be many of them around, especially in the Clubman. (I've got one on order and my mind is playing tricks on me without seeing more of them.) TIA

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 03-21-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Miniman3
1st Gear
Here is pics of my Clubman.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-img_0258.jpg   Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-img_0260.jpg   Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-img_0263.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Looks stunning - goes very nicely with that background, too.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Miniman3
1st Gear
Thanks!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Really, it does look fantastic and fits in with your geography quite nicely, too. But what combination of colors wouldn't look good where you are?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Miniman3
1st Gear
Good point! It had the strips on it but I had them removed. Didn't car for them. The back drop is fantastic isn't it? It's tough to have seen it so ofen!

Have you been out to Hawaii?

Old 03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Prost
4th Gear
I think yours is Lighting Blue

Old 03-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Miniman3
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Prost
I think yours is Lighting Blue

Yes you are correct. The Laser Blue is a little darker I believe.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Check this thread out: http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-club...e-clubman.html I'd say it looks to be a somewhat lighter and brighter hue of blue.

Last edited by Otra; 03-05-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Thanks; glad you cleared that up - I was getting confused! Yes, Laser Blue is actually a little lighter & brighter than Lightning Blue. They photograph similarly from what I can tell, but there's a much bigger difference in person.

Anyone else? Keep 'em comin' gang!

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 03-21-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Helipad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Yes, Laser Blue is actually a little lighter & brighter than Lightning Blue
That's agreeable. The Laser Blue hue is predominantly a shinier luster of blue than it's darker option (Lightning Blue)
.. there's a much bigger difference in person.
I was indecisive in choosing between the two colors, and it really did help in seeing both colors in person. So I asked my MA if they had a Laser Blue Mini in the lot. My final decision came down to which color will look better if the Clubman wasn't washed for weeks-on-end? I'm thinking that the Laser Blue one will. Lightning Blue will relatively appear with more dust. That just happens with darker cars, right?

Old 03-22-2008, 04:48 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Helipad
That's agreeable. The Laser Blue hue is predominantly a shinier luster of blue than it's darker option (Lightning Blue)
I was indecisive in choosing between the two colors, and it really did help in seeing both colors in person. So I asked my MA if they had a Laser Blue Mini in the lot. My final decision came down to which color will look better if the Clubman wasn't washed for weeks-on-end? I'm thinking that the Laser Blue one will. Lightning Blue will relatively appear with more dust. That just happens with darker cars, right?
I agree, seeing both in person together helped tremendously, all things considered (particularly if minimizing dust is important to you). Our other car happens to be a darker color which shows dust quicker than any I've had. If you like to keep things looking clean, it requires more work and that gets bothersome at times. Have you actually seen a Laser Blue with a Silver roof, and if so, what did you think of it as compared to the white (which I think looks great)?

BTW, sounds like we may have a similar car on order; what are your specs.? I'm at the dock "waiting for my ship to come in" at this point!

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 03-22-2008 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Helipad
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Have you actually seen a Laser Blue with a Silver roof, and if so, what did you think of it as compared to the white (which I think looks great)?
To answer your question: 'No', I have not. I have seen the White Roof/Laser Blue combo in a Mini Cooper S in the Mini dealer lot. Whilst seeing the Silver Roof/Lightning Blue Clubman parked next to it. So invisioning that concept, the Silver Roof/Laser Blue combo is better than SR/LHTG Blue but not as well contrasting as the WR/LSR Blue. The SR/LSR Blue combo, however, might not give off a meaner look to the car as oppose to one that has a darker color. That's just my cup-of-tea.
BTW, sounds like we may have a similar car on order; what are your specs.? I'm at the dock "waiting for my ship to come in" at this point!
We do have a similar car in order, except for the Silver Roof. Mine comes with a Black Roof. But here are my specs:

Laser Blue Body / Black Roof / Black C-Pillars / Black Bonnets Stripes / Black Mirrors
6-Speed Automatic w/ Agitronic
Convenience Package + Sports Package + Cold Weather Package included
Chrome Bonnet Scoop + Mud Flaps + Invisishield(s) + Roof Graphic
Front Driving Lamps + Rear Fog Lights + White Turn Signals
Ray Cloth/Leather: Black/Pacific Blue
Pacific Blue Color Line
Piano Black Interior Surface
Hi-Fi Sound System

My MA and a few of the people working at the dealership mentioned that I will be the first to have that color combo since they were flipping through their production order booklet. They'll be much more excited to have it delivered than I would be when it comes in late/mid May. Maybe my enthusiasm is flanked since it comes in so late. I'm going to be one excited customer when it does come in. Regardless.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-mini-cooper-s-clubman-laser-blue.bmp  

Last edited by Helipad; 03-22-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Coloring
Old 03-22-2008, 07:24 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
To answer your question: 'No', I have not. I have seen the White Roof/Laser Blue combo in a Mini Cooper S in the Mini dealer lot. Whilst seeing the Silver Roof/Lightning Blue Clubman parked next to it. So invisioning that concept, the Silver Roof/Laser Blue combo is better than SR/LHTG Blue but not as well contrasting as the WR/LSR Blue. The SR/LSR Blue combo, however, might not give off a meaner look to the car as oppose to one that has a darker color. That's just my cup-of-tea.
My thoughts exactly; white would have been my first choice, both for contrast as well as heat rejection.

My MA and a few of the people working at the dealership mentioned that I will be the first to have that color combo since they were flipping through their production order booklet. They'll be much more excited to have it delivered than I would be when it comes in late/mid May. Maybe my enthusiasm is flanked since it comes in so late. I'm going to be one excited customer when it does come in. Regardless.
My MA told me the same thing for our area and then a visiting MINI Rep. from Georgia confirmed it, adding that it will be the 1st in the Southeast Region. (He actually chose and is currently driving the same combo. himself but it's his dealer demo. and not for sale yet.) They, too, are excited to get it as they feel it will encourage people to order it.

Best of Luck with it!

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 03-22-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 AM
ITTAZVIC
1st Gear
I picked up my Laser Blue/Silver clubman two days ago. I ordered it sight unseen but I'm glad I did. Pictures on a computer screen don't seem to be able to distinguish between the colors very well. Picture the Lightning Blue with a lot more metallic in it. As my daughter said "wow that's really blue".

My original choice was going to be Dark Silver/Silver (I've always liked medium gray metallics)but I happened to see one in the flesh and I wasn't crazy about the combination. I also feel that since it's a little car it should have a bright color to make it easily visible in rainy/foggy weather and I think the Laser Blue is great for this.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
bcshred
Neutral
Clubman color combo (blue/silver)

Here's mine. Love this combo, especially with the bonnet stripes. Ordered the chrome hood scoop but it's on backorder.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-miniclubman1.jpg   Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-miniclubman2.jpg   Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-miniclubman3.jpg  
Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
I saw a Laser Blue hatch in the showroom that was just beautiful but when I caught a glimpse of a Clubman outdoors on a very dismal/overcast day, it didn't seem to have the same sparkly metallic "pop" I was expecting. Good to know it'll still be there in better lighting.

Thanks for the pix - lovely! Don't forget to let us know your specs. as well.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 PM
bcshred
Neutral
I loaded it up pretty good.
Premium leather-Carbon Black
Cold weather pkg
Premuim pkg
Sport pkg
Ltd slip diff
Multi-function wheel
Chrome line in/out
Roof racks

Old 03-22-2008, 03:06 PM
nomo1982
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bcshred
Here's mine. Love this combo, especially with the bonnet stripes. Ordered the chrome hood scoop but it's on backorder.

I am ecstatic to see your pics. I just came home from placing my order and was really on the fence about a black vs silver roof. I thought they both have the potential to look great, but decided to go with a silver roof on my LasBlue. My dealer has a laser blue with black roof coming in a few weeks which I will take a peek at for comparison. I like the the aggressive look of the black roof but I thought silver would keep the car slightly cooler, even more visible (I wanna be seen a mile away), and fade a bit less than black. Black might have been a better choice if I wanted to hide the lines of the sunroof which I am not getting, so that's not a factor for me.

My order is expected to arrive late June/July. Here's my config:

Laser Blue Body Color
Silver Roof/silver bonnet strips
Chrome Mirror Caps
White Turn Signals
Sport Package
6-Speed Auto w/Agitronic Mode
Rear Fog Lamp
Cloth/Leather: Pacific Blue/Black
Anthracite Headliner
Pacific Blue Color Line
Interior Surface Brushed Alloy
Leather Sport Wheel w/Multifunction
10-Speaker. Hi-Fi Sound System

PS - would love to see more pics after your chrome bonnet scoop gets installed.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 AM
OH6
1st Gear
Soon!

I'll share pics of my LaB/Silver this week hopefully. My MA is thinking Delivery will be this week.

She and the Sales manager were excited that I did the Silver as it was their first there also - making it 'different'.

I went with Sport stripes instead of Bonnet Stripes.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gorgeous combo! I would say that Laser Blue/Silver looks more impacting than Lighting Blue/Silver. LiB/S looks great in pics but in person is not as moving..

Old 03-23-2008, 04:56 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OH6
I'll share pics of my LaB/Silver this week hopefully. My MA is thinking Delivery will be this week.

She and the Sales manager were excited that I did the Silver as it was their first there also - making it 'different'.

I went with Sport stripes instead of Bonnet Stripes.
Can't wait! I contemplated Sport Stripes myself, just didn't want to deal with waxing around them since there's already so much going on with the Clubman exterior. I'm sure they'll look really sharp!

Thanks to everyone sharing their beautiful pix! Something for all of us to enjoy, plus it makes the waiting just a bit easier on the rest of us! Don't stop now...

Old 03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
OH6
1st Gear
Here's WALT! I picked him up yesterday!

Another one below also...this one shows both in the sun and shadows.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?-mini2.jpg  

Quick Reply: R55 Pictures of Laser Blue with Silver Roof?