R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
truK
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
so, truK....how's your day been??
Noticed a few people checking out the Clubman as I was out tooling around
town and running errands. Driving my old Avalanche was like being invisible
around here (there is one at every stoplight).

Was wanting to shine her up and find some place to take some nice pics, but
the clouds threatened rain all day long and the forecast for the next 7 days
is calling for thunderstorms.

What are you doing back online already?
I know ... now that I've got a MINI I should get a life too!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:11 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, get used to being looked at! It's so much fun!

I don't have a life M-F thanks to work, but come the weekend it's me and Lady G baybee!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Taking images in the rain or cloudy days make great images. BRG does look dark but it will still look great. If you check out the link in my signature, you will see some BRG images in a rainy/cloudy setting.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Arns
2nd Gear
3500 miles and loving it!

I took delivery of mine in early July. I have been on a few business trips and one jaunt to Florida with my wife and the small dog. Great on the road, easy to pack. Lots of room for everything and everyone.

One point of caution..I had my laptop in a cusion case under the back shelf. When I got home, the screen was shattered from a few too many bumps, I suppose. Oh well, that's life. Maybe the sport suspension is too much for it.

Attached Thumbnails British Racing Green Owner's Club-brg-clubman-s-backside.jpg  
Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Arns
I took delivery of mine in early July. I have been on a few business trips and one jaunt to Florida with my wife and the small dog. Great on the road, easy to pack. Lots of room for everything and everyone.

One point of caution..I had my laptop in a cusion case under the back shelf. When I got home, the screen was shattered from a few too many bumps, I suppose. Oh well, that's life. Maybe the sport suspension is too much for it.
Wow - that's the first I've heard of something like that. Was it laying flat? For some reason, I've never had any issues with carrying computers (laptops)...but I also usually keep them on their edges in backpacks and bags. Sorry to hear about that! Congrats on the color!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:58 AM
scotman
2nd Gear
Hello to all Clubman owners! I have A BRG with black top Clubman on order for Oct. 15. I can't wait. Finding this forum is great,but seeing some of the problems listed for this car not so. I know all cars have their kinks, that's just life. Anyhow howdy to all and looking forward to all the great reading this site has to offer!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:56 AM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
scotman, I have had my Clubman since February 21st and not one problem. I recently raced it hard at the MINIS in the Mountains in Colorado and it performed better than I thought it would. Everyone has their own story with their vehicles but I bet most lurkers out there have few if any problems with their Clubbies. Also, wonderful color combination!

Last edited by ftttuhzbmcs; 08-25-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
scotman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ftttubrgcm
scotman, I have had my Clubman since February 21st and not one problem. I recently raced it hard at the MINIS in the Mountains in Colorado and it performed better than I thought it would. Everyone has their own story with their vehicles but I bet most lurkers out there have few if any problems with their Clubbies. Also, wonderful color combination!
That must have been a blast in the Mountains. I 'am just looking forward to the drive I make each day to work. 57 miles round trip on the freeway that is pretty flat here in Wisconsin. Hopping I save at least a 110.00$ each month. Thanx for the reply. Seems I always find nice Texans on the web.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
This is what happens when a teenager passes you as you turn left into your driveway. I forgot to signal, but I think he was going a bit fast in a residential. Not to mention that it's illegal to pass in one.

British Racing Green Owner's Club-picture-009.jpg

To top it off, he's trying to say that he is hurt. Good thing I got pictures of the damage and his skids marks. Kid even lied and said I had pulled off to the right side of the road. Grrr.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamz9987
This is what happens when a teenager passes you as you turn left into your driveway. I forgot to signal, but I think he was going a bit fast in a residential. Not to mention that it's illegal to pass in one.

Attachment 37126

To top it off, he's trying to say that he is hurt. Good thing I got pictures of the damage and his skids marks. Kid even lied and said I had pulled off to the right side of the road. Grrr.
What was he driving? And did you guys have to call the police? I hope the repairs go well for you.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
He wasn't "injured" then. So no police. He was driving a nissan. Looks like about $2,200 for repairs. The guy at the body shop is going to replace the door and fender. Sheet metal is just pushed in 1/4" - 1/2" inch, but he figures that a new car should have parts replaced. They have to blend the color onto the hood and down the side, so I'll get my stripes replaces (stupid washer fluid stained them anyway).

Everyone is in a hurry; I think he was looking at some papers on his passenger seat. The story to me was that he saw me slowing down and swerved to avoid me. I wish I'd gotten that on tape. He certainly changed it when he talked to the adjuster.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Arns
2nd Gear
I bought the stretched checkered pattern from Aesthetic Creations among the vendor list. While it took a few weeks for the decal, the wait was worth it.

I did get a darker silver than what would have matched my top or bonnet stripes. To me , it is more subtle.

Tom

Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Hello All. I have been playing in the 1st Gear forum for a few weeks while I wait on my baby. It is on the Fedora due into NY on 10-10. For now I will just drool over your cars and pray for mine.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
crashmtb
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Hello All. I have been playing in the 1st Gear forum for a few weeks while I wait on my baby. It is on the Fedora due into NY on 10-10. For now I will just drool over your cars and pray for mine.
Mine is on the Fedora as well, arriving at Halifax on the 8th

Old 10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
The wait can be tough. I spent way too much time on these forums while waiting for mine. Of course, now I'm waiting again. Mine gets back from the body shop on Monday. A week without it has been a bummer. The honda isn't nearly as much fun to drive, and my wife has been driving the suburban since I have the honda. The one positive is that I finally replaced the stereo that got stolen from the honda a couple months ago. That made the wife very happy.

I can't wait to motor on Monday (of course, I have to wait. what a dumb expression).

I think it must be time for me to go to bed (Midnight PDT).

Old 10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jamz9987
The wait can be tough. I spent way too much time on these forums while waiting for mine. Of course, now I'm waiting again. Mine gets back from the body shop on Monday. A week without it has been a bummer. The honda isn't nearly as much fun to drive, and my wife has been driving the suburban since I have the honda. The one positive is that I finally replaced the stereo that got stolen from the honda a couple months ago. That made the wife very happy.

I can't wait to motor on Monday (of course, I have to wait. what a dumb expression).

I think it must be time for me to go to bed (Midnight PDT).
The older I get the more I believe that the driving age needs to go up EVERYWHERE. My brother's truck was creamed in front of his house by a kid who said he had dropped his cigarette in his lap and was trying to find it. When he got out of the car, it was obvious that the kid was on something. Plus his car was another 100 feet down the road as if he were trying to leave the scene. Kinda hard to do when the left front wheel is under the car.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 AM
bardsjr
1st Gear
My Mini came home early. I just uploaded some photos. Take a look.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
^^ Congrats!!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:56 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bardsjr
VERY nice! Congrats, and enjoy!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Otra
6th Gear
bardsjr - very nice BRG with roof rails!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bardsjr
NICE!!! Now stop talking and start driving. We'll wait here until you come back.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Hey Bardsjr - Good lookin' BRG MCCS!
Ok I'm a bit partial - That is almost EXACTLY what I ordered;( it is on the boat leaving Southhampton TODAY !) that is an aero pkg,right?
Are those dealer installed driving lights? what's the brand & size (&wattage)?
Thanks for the pics!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 AM
bardsjr
1st Gear
No aero package and they are the driving lights from Mini.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:17 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
Congrats. I like the roof rails. They weren't an option on the 08. Happy motoring.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
Got my car back from the body shop last night. Looks like new. I was glad to hand the honda keys back to my wife.

Quick Reply: R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club