R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey Coop
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRG Baby

Count me in BRG/BLACK clubman. Love brg my photo album shows my 77 spit also brg/black. I'm not sure but I think the triumph is jealous of the turbo. I simpathize with any waiting on their Coop it is very difficult. I got mine in Aug and had to take her back for clearcoat fix by dealer. It's been four days and I'm in serious withdrawl.

P.S. Where do I fing that BRG badge for my page

Last edited by Hey Coop; 10-18-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
byl
1st Gear
Hi All --

Count me in on the BRG Clubman Club!!! I had no idea there even was such a thing till my MA told me to go look at the Clubman Forum.

I was very fortunate to get my Clubman very quickly. Someone had decided they didn't want the one they'd ordered, so the dealer was about to put it out as a demo, for test drives. Like I said, very fortunate.

My car's name is Vic. He's BRG with the silver roof, columns and racing strips. The person who ordered him wanted a very basic package: convenience and cold weather, BRG, silver stripe and that was it! Oddly enough, that was pretty much what I was looking for!!

Here's a pic:

BTW: LOVIN' this car. I took delivery (my adoption date) on the afternoon of October 8 and have racked up 1400 fun-drivin' miles in 11 days. Considering I work during the week, I am amazed!! But it's been great seeing the leaves change here in Virginia over the past couple of weeks. More to come!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:57 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by byl
Hi All --

Count me in on the BRG Clubman Club!!! I had no idea there even was such a thing till my MA told me to go look at the Clubman Forum.

I was very fortunate to get my Clubman very quickly. Someone had decided they didn't want the one they'd ordered, so the dealer was about to put it out as a demo, for test drives. Like I said, very fortunate.

My car's name is Vic. He's BRG with the silver roof, columns and racing strips. The person who ordered him wanted a very basic package: convenience and cold weather, BRG, silver stripe and that was it! Oddly enough, that was pretty much what I was looking for!!

BTW: LOVIN' this car. I took delivery (my adoption date) on the afternoon of October 8 and have racked up 1400 fun-drivin' miles in 11 days. Considering I work during the week, I am amazed!! But it's been great seeing the leaves change here in Virginia over the past couple of weeks. More to come!!!

Gorgeous car! Congrats on your adoption. I strongly suggest you link up with some of your local clubs (the D.C. clubs are pretty strong, too, I think!) for more fun - they can suggest new and fun twisties, fun MINI events, and even support group for mechanical issues or questions.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:04 AM
byl
1st Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Gorgeous car! Congrats on your adoption. I strongly suggest you link up with some of your local clubs (the D.C. clubs are pretty strong, too, I think!) for more fun - they can suggest new and fun twisties, fun MINI events, and even support group for mechanical issues or questions.

Thank you!! I have already linked up with the DC Metro MINIs club here in the DC area. I submitted my membership application on Friday and went to my first meet & greet on Saturday to meet some of the other members. It was great fun and I'm glad I decided to do it.

We're doing a ride through Northern Maryland next Sunday for one of the member's first anniversary of having his MINI. I'm really looking forward to that one!!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:52 PM
MunjoyMini
2nd Gear
Hi All,
I finally got the checkered roof applied today, after saying it would be done in August. These things take time. It's not the best photo, I can take better if anyone wants to see some. Getting to this point was not a whole lot of fun (I may be the first with a whole-roof graphic on a Clubman in the US) but I think it turned out well.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
The whole roof graphic is great!!! I am considering the sunroof graphic for the spring in a checked pattern too!! Congrats!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:22 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
It looks great! I love the checkered roof. I don't think you are the first, though, as SexualChocolate has it on his HC Clubman, too! https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6/ppuser/54248

Originally Posted by MunjoyMini
Hi All,
I finally got the checkered roof applied today, after saying it would be done in August. These things take time. It's not the best photo, I can take better if anyone wants to see some. Getting to this point was not a whole lot of fun (I may be the first with a whole-roof graphic on a Clubman in the US) but I think it turned out well.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
crashmtb
1st Gear
It's finally here...It only just arrived at the dealership today. It gets PDI done tomorrow, and I take delivery on Thursday. I went to visit this evening.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Hi All,

Very nice checkered roof!!! I like it alot!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Terry F.
3rd Gear
Very Nice!

Last edited by Terry F.; 06-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by crashmtb
It's finally here...It only just arrived at the dealership today. It gets PDI done tomorrow, and I take delivery on Thursday. I went to visit this evening.
Very, very nice!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
ooh you must be so excited.. she looks real pretty!!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Congratulations to all the new British Racing Green folks - and to Munjoy for acknowledging his checker obsession!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Looks great! Congrats!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
jamz9987
3rd Gear
BRG/B seems to be the hardest one to get a really good photo of. I can never get the contrast with the roof to show properly in print.

It look great in person though.

I'm starting to want a set of those driving lights (not that I need them).

Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamz9987
BRG/B seems to be the hardest one to get a really good photo of. I can never get the contrast with the roof to show properly in print.

It look great in person though.

I'm starting to want a set of those driving lights (not that I need them).
Honestly...does ANYbody REALLY need the driving lights? I think they look really cool on these cars, but...who really uses them (legally?)

Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Honestly...does ANYbody REALLY need the driving lights? I think they look really cool on these cars, but...who really uses them (legally?)
I don't use 'em, and really didn't plan to. Just got them because I love how they look. The hi-beam xenons are plenty bright on the dark twisties here.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 AM
MunjoyMini
2nd Gear
Up here in Maine we sometimes encounter moose wandering out onto our roads. It's one thing to hit a deer, usually fatal only to the deer, but quite another to hit a moose where quite often it can be fatal not only for the moose but also the car occupants. So driving lights are a big help. I did wire them so they will only come on if the high beams are on. And besides, they look cool and hark back to Mini's racing heritage. Just my $.02 worth.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Up here in Maine we sometimes encounter moose wandering out onto our roads. It's one thing to hit a deer, usually fatal only to the deer, but quite another to hit a moose where quite often it can be fatal not only for the moose but also the car occupants. So driving lights are a big help. I did wire them so they will only come on if the high beams are on. And besides, they look cool and hark back to Mini's racing heritage. Just my $.02 worth.
TOTALLY not arguing the cool look of them. I just remember hearing issues with using the normal fog lights in certain areas (as in, illegal to use). I figured using rally lights might cause more of a problem that way. But i REALLy do love the look. I've even put them on my Christmas lists.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
mdot
2nd Gear
Newbie here. My BRG/BK is still "on order". :-(
I'm second guessing my black bonnet stripes. Thinking white viper strips on the bonnet and over the roof. And am even thinking of no stripes until I receive her and buy some after market stripes. What do you all think?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mdot
Newbie here. My BRG/BK is still "on order". :-(
I'm second guessing my black bonnet stripes. Thinking white viper strips on the bonnet and over the roof. And am even thinking of no stripes until I receive her and buy some after market stripes. What do you all think?
We got a PW, and chose to go with after market stripes. There are more choices that way. Not sure what others think.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
treedog
1st Gear
I'm in!!

Just picked up my MCS Clubman Saturday. I had to drive 300 miles because they are scarce, unless your want to wait which I'm not good at. BRG was not my first choice but after seeing it with the tan leather interior I was sold. Not to mention I found a 08 with 50 miles on it that the dealer was willing to drop a hair below sticker ($500), plus throw in a set of both carpet and a set of rubber floor mats. I almost signed on a 09 locally but it was not the color or options I was looking for.
So now for my question for all of you... My BRG/BLK did not come with stripes on the bonnet, but once they told me they could add them... I was sold. I opted for the solid black stripes with out the white pin stripe. They look very subtle which I like most of the time, but I'm considering maybe changing (since I read on here you could) to something with a bit more pop, like the black with the white pin stripe.

Your thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails British Racing Green Owner's Club-mini-cooper-1-2-of-2-1-.jpg   British Racing Green Owner's Club-mini-cooper-6-1-of-1-.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Otra
6th Gear
I think your BRG is beautiful as is - subtle is good - "Less is more"!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Treedog...

I think it looks great! Subtle is nice...plus you got the "pop" from your chrome mirrors... You'd be happy either way...

Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 PM
scotman
2nd Gear
My BRG clubman finally arrived at the dealer. Drove it home just in time for Halloween. Will post pics on Nov. 1.

Quick Reply: R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club