R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 what colors look the best with silver roofs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 AM
erf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what colors look the best with silver roofs?

I just put a deposit on a clubman, but I have a LONG time before my order goes into production. I really want a silver roof, but I am trying to come up with a smashing color combo. My initial instinct is to pick astro black, but I don't want to drive a mini hearse. I also love NFR, but it seems like to brown a color. LiB is too flashy. . . so what do you think looks the best?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:23 AM
dlpruk
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen a lovely Laser Blue with a Silver roof but that's an "S"-only. And Lightning Blue actually looks good too in the flesh IMHO.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:28 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
I think Astro Black would look very good with the silver roof. The silver contrast should help break out the "hearse" effect.

Night fire red/silver looks very nice as well, but that is a Cooper only Color, not available in the S. Other interesting alternative (Assuming you are getting a Cooper Clubman model) is Mellow Yellow with silver roof.

I also agree that Laser Blue and Lighting blue both do look good against silver.

How about Dark Silver with the silver roof? Not a bad idea! Another very uncommon combo that I loved in the last year (2006) of the first generation MINI was British Racing Green with silver roof...Wow it looks beautiful!

Personally, we went for Hot Chocolate/Silver and looks fantastic (See my gallery). Second closest choice was Lighthing blue/silver.

Good luck.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:40 AM
shamrok
2nd Gear
I'm a fan

call me biased but don't blame me for login my Mini. I have the dark silver with the light silver roof and I really like the aggressive sophisticated look. I am considering putting a few stripes on to make it even raceyer but I want to see how much attention I get from local law enforcement before turning up the volume.

The dark super is a clubman only color and with the black sunroof it all looks tailor made. My other top choices were chocolate and blue. I think both would look great with the silver roof.

Look at my gallery for pictures and in my opinion the Mini would look great in bare sheet metal and so have fun choosing.

Malc

Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 AM
driveblind
2nd Gear
I ordered mine in BRG with a silver roof. This doesn't seem to be a very popular combo, or I at least haven't found many others who have the same thing. Still, I think the contrast of the BRG/Silver looks much better than BRG/Black. Of course those are just my tastes.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:58 AM
jyarrow
4th Gear
I think NFR with silver will be great. That's how I keep building them on the web site. Too bad it doesn't come on the MCS. I'd also vote for BRG and Mellow Yellow might be amazing. I love MY/W so I think it would be great with Silver as well. Good luck!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Silver is very fashionable with any color. I was especially surprised to see how much nicer Mellow Yellow looked with silver.

I would stay away from black though...I've got to agree with the hearse thing, especially if you tint the windows.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think AB with a silver roof will look great. I also saw a Dark Silver Clubman w/ a silver roof that I liked in that the contrast was so nice, subtle, and classy. Either way would be super. Have you seen NFR in person? It is not brown at all, imo, especially after Velvet Red which was more so.

Color is always a tough call, but worth the effort and angst in that the more effort you put into it the more you'll love your final choice.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Bob Stephens
2nd Gear
What color do you think we like?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I personally really like Pepper White with silver. When I first heard it was an option I thought it would look weird.....but, having seen it, it's a very nice subtle contrast. The colors go well together.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 AM
miniclubman
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I went with the Lightning Blue and Silver roof, rear panels, and mirror caps. I liked it in the brochures and early review photos, and it looks great in person, too. The lightning Blue is somewhat conservative, for a MINI, but it suits my tastes.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM
erf
1st Gear
I have only seen NFR on a cooper with a black top; the top makes the color look somewhat brown-toned to me; maybe this is not true. Now I am leaning towards hot chocolate, though I think that requires a "mandatory" upgrade to HC lounge leather. Hmm. The only ones I've seen in the flesh are LiB/silver and NFR/silver, but they are both indoors, so I think that makes it hard to judge. I think I will stick w/o the S (waitlist is twice as long), otherwise dark silver would be an easy choice. . .

Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
amdoubleu
2nd Gear
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Sparkling Silver, or as some of us call it Champagne and Black will be a classic color combo.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
I think BRG/S is a super classy combination and not very common at all.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:56 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Chili Red/Silver also looks good IMO.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
MDriver
1st Gear
Picked up our BRG/S Clubman S on Friday, very James Bond, very classy. Works really well with Piano Black / chrome interior and Carbon Lounge leather.

Pulled over by the Police on Saturday morning to comment on the spectacular look of the Clubman. True story!

I hope this doesn't happen too often, my heart hit it's rev limiter.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 AM
EAVclubbie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tim781996
Silver is very fashionable with any color. I was especially surprised to see how much nicer Mellow Yellow looked with silver.
darn tootin'!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:08 AM
rosmakloma
4th Gear
I think these combos work best with the matching silver stripes:

Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
Hot Chocolate and Silver.. not a big fan

Even on PW it doesn't look quite right.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 AM
jvandewark
1st Gear
MINI (see marketing materials) and I agree... Nightfire Red with Silver rocks.

Jason

Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Bob Stephens
2nd Gear
We would have loved NFR and Silver but I've wanted an "S" since 1965.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
I too like NFR but MINI does not believe an 'S' should be other than Chili Red (Which I love but I didn't want to have 2 Chili Red cars).

Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
pyskacz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by erf
I just put a deposit on a clubman, but I have a LONG time before my order goes into production. I really want a silver roof, but I am trying to come up with a smashing color combo. My initial instinct is to pick astro black, but I don't want to drive a mini hearse. I also love NFR, but it seems like to brown a color. LiB is too flashy. . . so what do you think looks the best?
Originally Posted by tim781996
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Silver is very fashionable with any color. I was especially surprised to see how much nicer Mellow Yellow looked with silver.

I would stay away from black though...I've got to agree with the hearse thing, especially if you tint the windows.
Originally Posted by miniclubman
I went with the Lightning Blue and Silver roof, rear panels, and mirror caps. I liked it in the brochures and early review photos, and it looks great in person, too. The lightning Blue is somewhat conservative, for a MINI, but it suits my tastes.
I have always loved blue, and the Lightning Blue has definitely struck a cord with me. My R56 was the same color, though with a white roof, stripes and mirror caps. I think that the silver contrasts just as nicely.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 PM
djmiles
Neutral
The only color I've seen so far that I like with the silver roof is the dark silver. Especially w/ hood stripes.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 AM
glangford
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djmiles
The only color I've seen so far that I like with the silver roof is the dark silver. Especially w/ hood stripes.
Agree. I'm not real enamored with the silver roof. If I were to go the clubman route, I'd probably opt for the black roof, or even body colored. My 07 MC is BRG/White roof, but I'd prefer more contrast with the roof. If ordering today I'd go with sparkling silver/black. I wish a white roof were an option.

Quick Reply: R55 what colors look the best with silver roofs?