R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Liner for MINI Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liner for MINI Clubman

I bought the black and checkered liner for my Clubman. I had seen it when it was first released in Europe and decided it would be great for the back area so my dogs wouldn't wreck it.
I finally got a chance to install it yesterday. But imagine my surprise when I took out the 3 pages of instructions to find them in German and French.
Even with my 5 years of French many years ago I couldn't read it. So I depended on the photos and just looking at it to figure it out. I have a feeling I missed doing some parts of the installlation correctly, but it still works out as a great protection.
I just advise other Clubman owners to look at the one at your dealer if they have one in the back of their floor models. For $280 I really thought they might put in a set of English instructions.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics please.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
I'll take some later, tonight if possible. I left Otto home today, too windy for the cover. I'm kind of spoiling him.
I tried to put on the protective lens covers, too. Failed at that, so I'll take it to the installer in town asap. The curvature of the fog lights just gave me too much trouble. But then I am technically challenged unless I'm editing. Thank God there are skilled people out there!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud10
imagine my surprise when I took out the 3 pages of instructions to find them in German and French.
If your Italian is better, MotoringFile has the German/Italian instructions . What are your impressions of the liner so far? Is it intended mostly for using with rear seats down?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Maybe that was Italian, not French. Could have been. Once I realized I couldn't read it I decided to spend the time figuring it out.

It is meant for using with the back seats down but as the front area appears to be Velcro'd to the back area, maybe it could just be for behind the back seats.
There are stiff, long tabs that insert under the front head rests when extended. Then you push the head rests back down and it holds the front of the cover in place. Clever and they won't hurt anything. I love German engineering.
The best part is that there are side-mounted suction cups that attach to the window, so that made it easier to figure out how it fit as they are placed at the front, middle and back area of the cover. There is a also a rod that you insert in the very back part to make it four sided-- like a truck bed liner. The rod ends insert into the area where the back hatch cover normally goes. I opted to just fold that over and lay it under the rectangular dog bed I put in there. It still protects all the way to the rear bumper, but doesn't make it a full 4-sided "box."

There is a photo of it if you look under your dealer's MINI Parts Department Clubman accessories. If I could figure out how to do it on this computer I could give you a link, but I can't. Much easier on my IMAC than this PC.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Here it is with the back part up, but not zipped on the sides. I can attach one with the back down if you like.

Last edited by cloud10; 10-21-2011 at 09:38 PM.