R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Bragging on Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
SharonandJames
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bragging on Clubman

We just took a rode trip from Florida to Virginia today which was to be a two day trip and we did in one day. I cannot say enough of how great the Clubman S handled on the road. The weather was extremely windy; gales to 65 mph and the Clubman just held the road without a sway. We now have a little over 1300 miles on the car. We had a 2007 Mini and traded it for a 08 Mini S and then got the Clubman S. Also, the Clubman has much more room for luggage than the Mini. I cannot give this car enough awes.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wooottt - glad you had a great trip! We love our Clubman too...

Donna

Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
I am so in love with the Clubman that people think I'm nuts. One of my shop customers told me to remember it was just a piece of metal. She couldn't understand why I named him Otto. He became Otto as I configured him, I didn't have to think twice.
I told the customer that the mohair artist bear she bought from me could also be considered just a piece of mohair. As an artist bear collector myself I know how much more a collector bear is or how wonderful a special car is.

As you all know by now I waited over 2 years for this car so I may be prejudiced, but I have never enjoyed any of my cars as much as Otto. Now I am saving to get a 2009 Cabrio next year. l already asked to be put on the list at my dealer although they don't have one started yet.
I am giving up my beloved BMW to have 2 MINIs to choose from instead. The handling and comfort just can't be beat.
"Just a piece of metal." Arrghhhh! I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't feel the passion we do for our babies.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 AM
William Blake
4th Gear
MINI rules!

Old 03-09-2008, 12:35 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
My toaster is "just a piece of metal".

My MINI is family.

If you configured/ordered your MINI and waited for it to be built to your desires then you should take pleasure in enjoying it for many years.

Can't say the same for many plain vanilla "piece of metal" cars out on the road from various competitors.

Each MINI is unique, many with a life/character of it's own.

I just saw my first clubman on the road near my home. Nice looking and very different paint scheme. Sort of like a SuperMINI.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:18 PM
pyskacz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SharonandJames
We just took a rode trip from Florida to Virginia today which was to be a two day trip and we did in one day. I cannot say enough of how great the Clubman S handled on the road. The weather was extremely windy; gales to 65 mph and the Clubman just held the road without a sway. We now have a little over 1300 miles on the car. We had a 2007 Mini and traded it for a 08 Mini S and then got the Clubman S. Also, the Clubman has much more room for luggage than the Mini. I cannot give this car enough awes.
I did much the same as you. I loved my 2007 R56, but due to work, I needed just a bit more space and was unwilling to get something other than a MINI. The Clubman S has plenty of space and I can still push it through mountain roads . I love it!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:37 PM
dkamp
3rd Gear
OhhYea!!!!

I have only had my clubman for a few days and only have about 130 miles. But this has Got to Be the Coolest Car ever!
I traded a 2005 MC and ordered my Clubman site unseen, only Pictures!
I was getting a little worried spending all the money on a new vehicle.
But after picking it up and cruisin 90 miles home, No worries anymore!
The Clubman is a very well made and easy driving car.
My only complaint is that I have to use the Cruise control or I keep going faster and faster . at 70mph it feels like 40mph in comparison to my older 2005 MC.
This is a Very Nice car.
Pulling from a Cadillac [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']commercial[/FONT] I can really say....
Yes, When I turn it ON, it does return the favor.
One Happy Customer
P.S. I wave

R55 Clubman, Chilli Red, Silver Top, Silver stripes, Premium Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Xenon, Alarm, 16" Star Blaster Wheels.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dkamp
at 70mph it feels like 40mph in comparison to my older 2005 MC.
Is your Clubman a Cooper also???

Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although I have only driven our new Clubman S on the expressway for 60 miles (It is 2 weeks old and only 397 miles on it so far) I can attest for the rock solid feel of the car at highway speeds. This thing feels like a BMW (Well it is a Bimmer) but the steering is solid, reassuring and the car eats up miles effortlessly and quietly. We bought this car primarily for family duty/roadtrips and I think it will excel in both fronts.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
SharonandJames
1st Gear
We got back from our trip to Virginia back to Florida and driving 70-72 the Clubman S got 36 mpg. We did change out the runflats to Michelin tires the exact size of the runflats and they were the V rated. The car could not be any smoother. This car is unbelievable. It handled extremely well in the mountains. There is more than enough room in the car for luggage. Mini has out done themselves on this car.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Cool! We hope to do some mega roadtrips in this car... Yellowstone National Park, Icefields Parkway in the Canadian Rockies, etc, etc.

I agree, for long distance speed and comfort the Clubman is the car to have.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
bridgehorse
2nd Gear
I just drove away my 2nd mini in less than 2 years on march 7th 2008! i bought the dark silver mini cooper S clubman and i already have 400 miles on it and i just picked it up march 7th...my other mini is a mini cooper S which is 2006. i will be taking pixx's of the new baby when i get my license plates in a few weeks..until then, there are 2 that i took of the new car when it came off the truck that you can check out on my web site....i also have navigation and lifetime sirius and automatic.