R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Clubman sightings... while driving your Clubman!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008 | 04:43 PM
ClubmanS
|
6th Gear
And the best part is that us Clubman drivers are getting equal if not better gas mileage than Smart drivers.

Not so "Smart" after all, isn't it?

Old 05-19-2008 | 07:12 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
saw a LB/S S heading East on the Long Island Expressway in NY on Sunday afternoon around 2pm.

Old 05-19-2008 | 01:36 PM
Aluvendale
2nd Gear
I still haven't spotted any "in the wild." I do know of one (met her at a MINI meet) but they are on the other side of town.

On the other hand, it's cool having a car that 99.9% of drivers do not own (or haven't seen before).

Old 05-19-2008 | 03:03 PM
rdeppen
2nd Gear
I have now seen a white S and a hot choclate non S on the roads from Wellington to Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 05-19-2008 | 04:58 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Great, I look forward to your findings! I sorta enjoy the rarity of a color - it's one that makes us smile every time we look at it 'cause it's so playful and fun! You have a beautifully configured Clubbie (very similar to ours ) and I'm sure you're going to love it as much as we do (particularly the Punch leather which I was initially a little concerned about because of the heat). Best of Luck with it!
I enjoy the rarity, too. Originally I was leaning towards the Lightning Blue, but saw a couple of Coopers around in that color (or maybe it was the same Cooper multiple times) and I wasn't as sure anymore. So I went back to the dealership and asked if they had anything in Laser Blue on the lot...they had one at the back waiting for a customer, and I was instantly in love. I noticed that our Clubbies were configured similarly...you do have great taste !

Old 05-19-2008 | 05:02 PM
ClubmanS
|
6th Gear
I really dig Laser Blue

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:27 PM
obieseven
1st Gear
Today a DS/S (maybe the one I saw on 5/7) pulled into traffic right behind me. So other drivers got to see two Clubmans in a row for about a mile until I made a light that he didn't.

Old 05-21-2008 | 04:53 PM
littleone
1st Gear
Saw a laser blue with silver roof and stripes. North Central CT. What a GREAT color. It's only the second clubbie I've seen on the road. I love the color combo!

Old 05-23-2008 | 09:31 AM
RaceFace
3rd Gear
I haven't seen another Clubman around here yet. I know there are 2 others out there because the dealer had 2 others on the lot that are now gone.

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:15 PM
Temecula
1st Gear
Just saw my first clubman since i got mine. It was red with silver. I dont think the driver saw me. No wave! This was in my home town of Temecula.

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:59 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
One of my neighbors said she saw a SpSilver/Black Clubman at a nearby beer store this afternoon. I asked her when and had to tell her it was me.
So, I've officially been sighted in the third person. I must be real.

Old 05-24-2008 | 05:34 AM
towtruckted
1st Gear
Yesterday, my wife saw a white/black on Rt. 35 in upper Westchester.

Last week I saw a HC and a blue moments apart in the same area.

towtruck

Old 05-24-2008 | 02:52 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
Great, I look forward to your findings! I sorta enjoy the rarity of a color - it's one that makes us smile every time we look at it 'cause it's so playful and fun! You have a beautifully configured Clubbie (very similar to ours ) and I'm sure you're going to love it as much as we do (particularly the Punch leather which I was initially a little concerned about because of the heat). Best of Luck with it!
Well my MA didn't know how many Laser Blues were in the Southeast Region total now, but I did find out where the two from their lot went. One went to Columbia, SC (so that would make me #3, at the highest), and the other one was being purchased by a family from NC while I was taking delivery of mine Friday afternoon. They had been calling Mini dealers all over and it was the only one they could find (they didn't have the luxury of waiting to order their own...sounds like folks ordering now are getting August builds at the earliest!).

And, I do LOVE my Clubbie . I saw it sitting right next to the other Laser Blue on the lot and it confirmed how happy I am with every single one of my configuration choices. It was beautiful as well...but I prefer mine, of course . The two months of playing and changing back and forth really paid off!!!!

Old 05-24-2008 | 04:31 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
If anyone sees an UGLY Clubman, post a pic.
There's not a bad combo available.

Old 05-24-2008 | 06:23 PM
astra
4th Gear
Nightfire red and black... today.. Robertson.. almost at Pico... i was headed toward Culver City

Old 05-25-2008 | 02:43 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ClubDal
Well my MA didn't know how many Laser Blues were in the Southeast Region total now, but I did find out where the two from their lot went. One went to Columbia, SC (so that would make me #3, at the highest), and the other one was being purchased by a family from NC while I was taking delivery of mine Friday afternoon. They had been calling Mini dealers all over and it was the only one they could find (they didn't have the luxury of waiting to order their own...sounds like folks ordering now are getting August builds at the earliest!).

And, I do LOVE my Clubbie . I saw it sitting right next to the other Laser Blue on the lot and it confirmed how happy I am with every single one of my configuration choices. It was beautiful as well...but I prefer mine, of course . The two months of playing and changing back and forth really paid off!!!!
Thanks for the update, ClubDal, and congrats on the new delivery! I think the word is getting out about Laser Blue! Still haven't seen or heard of another in my neck of the woods so far...but I've got my eyes peeled!

We've added a couple of additional items to further the "you-ification" process ; a chrome "Let's Motor" plate frame, and a pair of Black Jack side scuttles - sharp! We're totally happy with all our choices as well, although we'd have opted for a lighter colored interior to help with the heat down here had it been offered. Thankfully, the perforations in the Punch Leather seem to be working as it hasn't been a problem at all so far.

BTW, hope your Dalmation enjoys riding as much as "our girls" do! Lucky you, sounds like he blends perfectly with your color scheme!

Old 05-25-2008 | 03:00 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
I really dig Laser Blue
Originally Posted by littleone
Saw a laser blue with silver roof and stripes. North Central CT. What a GREAT color. It's only the second clubbie I've seen on the road. I love the color combo!
Thanks for the kind words! We really love it too!!! Although it doesn't seem to be very popular for some reason. Perhaps because it's an "S" only color which eliminates it for a lot of people, or maybe because there aren't any on the lots to look at in advance. I have to say that it's muuuuch better looking in person than in any photographs I've seen; very pure and rich in terms of color saturation, though changeable in different lighting.

Old 05-25-2008 | 07:25 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
CR/B heading Westbound on the LIE, by Riverhead, NY around 3 pm today.

Old 05-26-2008 | 10:04 AM
Alto Clef
2nd Gear
PW/B on Friday 5/23 in Oakville CA, SB on Rt 29... I was on vacation, wishing I was driving my Clubman instead of the rental.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:15 AM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Finally! I saw one today traveling West on Interstate Highway 10 at Mile Post 34 in El Paso, Texas. I've got 3,600 miles now on mine and it is about time to have seen another one. It was a laser blue with silver, I believe.

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:05 AM
LTLMCPE
3rd Gear
As I was walking towards Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sunday morning spotted a HC/S Clubman driving down Georgetown. Looked jsut like mine only had the chrome package. First time I've see a HC/S on the road other than my own.

Jim

Old 05-27-2008 | 01:50 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
glitch

Last edited by ClubDal; 05-29-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: the computer was possessed!
Old 05-27-2008 | 02:09 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
Thanks for the update, ClubDal, and congrats on the new delivery! I think the word is getting out about Laser Blue! Still haven't seen or heard of another in my neck of the woods so far...but I've got my eyes peeled!

We've added a couple of additional items to further the "you-ification" process ; a chrome "Let's Motor" plate frame, and a pair of Black Jack side scuttles - sharp! We're totally happy with all our choices as well, although we'd have opted for a lighter colored interior to help with the heat down here had it been offered. Thankfully, the perforations in the Punch Leather seem to be working as it hasn't been a problem at all so far.

BTW, hope your Dalmation enjoys riding as much as "our girls" do! Lucky you, sounds like he blends perfectly with your color scheme!
I'm still debating on which plate I want to go with. It will be one of the chrome, though!

Well, Sapphire had her first motoring adventure today and she seemed to enjoy it rather well - in spite of the fact that the vet was the destination! I think I might talk my mom into taking us back to the vet in her Outback on Friday though, so that Sapphire doesn't get a bad association with the Mini right off the bat! (she has to have a tooth pulled)

Old 05-27-2008 | 02:10 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
dupe

Last edited by ClubDal; 05-29-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 05-28-2008 | 02:58 PM
jdlnmia
1st Gear
I haven't seen any. I do get a lot of finger pointing and people staring into the car when it's parked. Smudges on the windows!

Quick Reply: R55 Clubman sightings... while driving your Clubman!