R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could always wait to decide about the stripes until after you take delivery and see the car in the flesh, so to speak.

As for the color combinations - both are great. I'm sure you've seen them on this board. Both are very good looking in my opinion.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
I'm a fan of dark silver with silver (like what RaceFace has), but I also like that Pepper White is $500 less.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by caulyne
LOL.. gender gap goes both ways. My husband doesn't get the MINI thing either.. heheh
Sorry, but I don't get your Wife. I'm a girl married to a guy, he's not the Car Nut...I am!! But we ARE compromising on how the MINI is equipped, color and all. I didn't want to spend the extra $$ on a Metallic Color, that wasn't what was important to me. I had a Budget I wanted to stick to, and ONLY went $3,000 over budget, I think that was pretty good!! Molly was ordered on Feb. 19th, my 45th Birthday, but she will be OUR Car. If you and your wife cannot compromise on color, then let her pick all the options, if that will make her happy. Maybe she'd like NAV!!??

Good Luck!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Sorry, but I don't get your Wife. I'm a girl married to a guy, he's not the Car Nut...I am!! But we ARE compromising on how the MINI is equipped, color and all. I didn't want to spend the extra $$ on a Metallic Color, that wasn't what was important to me. I had a Budget I wanted to stick to, and ONLY went $3,000 over budget, I think that was pretty good!! Molly was ordered on Feb. 19th, my 45th Birthday, but she will be OUR Car. If you and your wife cannot compromise on color, then let her pick all the options, if that will make her happy. Maybe she'd like NAV!!??

Good Luck!!!
Let my wife pick all of the options? Nah... I love her too much to let her make the decision for me. The clubman is going to be my car and I want to build a car that will be mine for a long time!!! She actually agreed tonight (as she was looking at this site) that if I wanted a Hot Chocolate Clubman to go buy it.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Bob Stephens
2nd Gear
At our house, I get to pick, engine, transmission, suspension, etc. She picks exterior color, interior color, etc. It's worked for 39 years and about 15 cars and one motorhome with a 525HP CAT diesel.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Doogs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Bob Stephens
At our house, I get to pick, engine, transmission, suspension, etc.
What I wouldn't give to pick the transmission...

Fortunately I got to pick everything around it, so I guess it's a wash. Nah, it's not. I'd love to be able to row my own again. The paddles are nice, but they aren't the same.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Joep
6th Gear
For me this car is going to be my dream Clubman. She has agreed to let me pick and choose (as long as it isn't Hot Chocolate - although she backed down last night). I've tried to teach her how to drive a manual but she doesn't want to learn. I may try it one more time. I know if she drives it she'd love it and maybe want one!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Lorne_K2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rockhouse
Did you pick out the color of her car? Put on your big girl panties & get what you want.

If she really hates the hot chocolate, maybe she won't want to drive it.
Win win deal.
LOL, precious!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Jeff S.
3rd Gear
I don't know if there is trouble in Paradise, but.... She seems truly reluctant not just to the color but of the car. Is she a "driver"? My story is that I order HC/S in 10/07. I waited and waited. My wife thought both the MINI and I were nuts. I took her to the open house for the Clubman------the next day she bought a MCS!! We are now a 2 MINI family. The latest statistics say that MINI owners are the most sociable. Now what is her real beef? You have to get the true understanding of her reasoning and then determine whether it is your car and your choice or whether there are other "factors" to be determined. There is something to be said for instant gratification, but on the other hand I waited over 6 months for my car.

I didn't say anything here , but you must understand what her real motivation is and whether she is preventing you from making your own decision on this isssue. PSYCHO-BABBLE

Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 AM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Joep, a man's toys are very important to him and if you aren't happy with that toy, you just aren't going to be happy. Put your foot down and get exactly what you want. Hot chocolate will just have to grow on her because after all, it is your vehicle. Let her continue to navigate the highways an byways of this great land in HER Honda. But as I have said before, if I had to do it all over again, I would pick Pepper white with silver. It looks so good! Good luck with the difficult decision buddy boy.

Doogs, I'm right there with you on BSG! I have to force my wife to watch.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jeff S.
I don't know if there is trouble in Paradise, but.... She seems truly reluctant not just to the color but of the car. Is she a "driver"? My story is that I order HC/S in 10/07. I waited and waited. My wife thought both the MINI and I were nuts. I took her to the open house for the Clubman------the next day she bought a MCS!! We are now a 2 MINI family. The latest statistics say that MINI owners are the most sociable. Now what is her real beef? You have to get the true understanding of her reasoning and then determine whether it is your car and your choice or whether there are other "factors" to be determined. There is something to be said for instant gratification, but on the other hand I waited over 6 months for my car.

I didn't say anything here , but you must understand what her real motivation is and whether she is preventing you from making your own decision on this isssue. PSYCHO-BABBLE
Jeff, the wife is a sweetheart but she hates Hot Chocolate. She calls it something that I can not say here. It's just wrong!

Last night, I told her to come out here and look around. She went to the thread about the Hot Chocolate Clubmans and realized that there is a following. She looked at me and said if I wanted it to go and get it. I can't argue with that.

She is a car person, even though she drives a van - it hauls our pet around. A few years ago, she test drove a MDX and scared the living crap out of me and the salesman. Took a turn at about 50 that I thought shouldn't have happened. She turned around and chuckled at me. I thought she was certifiable but I found out that route everyday and knew the limits.

One other thing. She understands what owning a MINI means. I owned an 05 MCS DS/B, but sold it because of personal concerns. So she understands the MINI family situation. That cannot be overlooked! ha ha ha

Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Congratulations to you and to Mrs. Joep, as well! And welcome back into the fold.

Now, you've got me wondering about "our pet" - it must be a pretty large one, eh?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Congratulations to you and to Mrs. Joep, as well! And welcome back into the fold.

Now, you've got me wondering about "our pet" - it must be a pretty large one, eh?
Thanks! I figure I'll be back into the fold when I have a Clubman, but again thanks!!!

My puppy is our child. She's showed up on our door almost eight years ago. Her name is Rusti and she's a Lab/Chow mix. She's a big girl and she and I need to go on a diet.

Here she is:

Last edited by Joep; 04-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
My ex hated MIB and did not stop untill we had to sell it in the divorce. Now she drives a 1989 Caravan

Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Joep, Rusti is quite a girl! I'm sure you and your wife are just as lucky that she walked into your place, as she is! She'll look good in the back of the Clubman.