R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Two totally unrelated Clubman questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jweiss32807
Can this thread die already, or at least the side argument (CDMini)? I don't think it needed to turn into a dealer-rip or love fest (I have my own opinion with DTM but don't feel they are relevant to the thread), but that wasn't the point.

His question was fair regarding the demo. I think he got differing opinions, and is an adult and can make his own decisions. If he has looked at the Clubman that many times, I for one would not be suprised if he made a purchase.

Mine is on order. As bad as the wait is, I would not want a demo if it wasn't discounted.

Jon W.
Jon,

Thank you! I have no desire to argue with CDMINI. He appears to be someone who enjoys an arguement and I'm not in high school anymore. He has no idea what my intentions are or if I've had any discussions with MINI dealers in the area. I believe he thinks I was trying to dog Downtown Mini and I can understand it by my comment "I've been there once or twice and they think I'm doing them a favor by showing up on their hallowed grounds." I was vague in what I was saying because I was actually speaking about the BMW store and not the MINI store. Either way, my decision is none of his business.

And you are right, I wanted other peoples ideas and thoughts of getting a demo at full MSRP. It didn't feel right and I was polling the group here.

Again, thanks!

joe

Old 05-02-2008, 07:20 AM
PepperSClubman
2nd Gear
Ordering a Mini is a really cool experience. So few options are available in the rest of the car-buying world to get just the one you want made only for you is special.

I've purchased a Mini off the lot (I went to the biggest dealer on the east coast to get my pick) and then pre-ordered my clubbie. It's well worth the wait.

Even if the demo has everything you want you'll still wonder if that concern is due to something you did or someone before you. Break-in your own car.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PepperSClubman
Ordering a Mini is a really cool experience. So few options are available in the rest of the car-buying world to get just the one you want made only for you is special.

I've purchased a Mini off the lot (I went to the biggest dealer on the east coast to get my pick) and then pre-ordered my clubbie. It's well worth the wait.

Even if the demo has everything you want you'll still wonder if that concern is due to something you did or someone before you. Break-in your own car.
PepperSClubman,

Thanks! I've decided to order my Clubman. I finalized it last night and sent the information to the MA that I've been dealing with. It will cost more than I've budgeted but it is what I want. And this time I'm gonna keep my MINI (I gave one up a DS/B MCS b/c of a few incidents). But I'm excited.

I'll be honest with ya, being an impatient person I searched the entire southeast for the vehicle I wanted (I know that's pretty sad) and couldn't find it. Nowhere to be found. So I realized that I would have to either order it or buy something else (an A3), and I decided the A3 would have been a compromise. So the Clubman will be ordered!

To everyone who responded to this well intended thread, thanks for your input. What you said helped a lot regarding the demo (which finally sold yesterday). Now comes the waiting.

Joe

Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Patience Grasshopper Patience!

There is GREAT joy in watching your MINI be built and tracking it as it comes accross the pond!
Amost as much joy as watching your wife's Body change when she is pregnant.

Besides I know how I drive Demonstrators. I would never buy a Demonstrator!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my first MC was a demo with 300 miles ... everyone told me I was crazy to buy it. never had a major problem with it for the 4 years i owned it.

some say, a hard break-in (as long as not redlined) nets better HP down the line.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:11 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That DS/B S is the one I bought. I apologize for being offensive. I just wanted to go straight up when I saw someone or two deriding a good dealer here in Orlando, and some folks I have made friends with as well. I did mention I hoped Joep got off the fence and it looks like he did. The order process for me from Downtown was very fast. GOOD LUCK!

P.S. On the original topic, I almost NEVER buy a demo, the discount doesn't seem that much, and if the wife HATES the color, FORGETABOUTIT!

Last edited by CDMINI; 05-03-2008 at 05:13 AM.