R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 The dreaded wait...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dreaded wait...

Hey Everyone,

Thanks to the fine machine at 866-Ask-Mini I found out my Clubman S is going to be completed tomorrow. How long is the typical wait time in between completion of the car, and dealer receiving?

LVX,
Jonathan

Soon to have (hopefully): Mini Cooper Clubman S, Lightning Blue, Silver Roof, Silver Pillars, MFSW, Sunroof, Bonnet Stripes....

Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 PM
jkling17
4th Gear
Depends where you live - West Coasters wait longer as ships take the long way through the Panama Canal. East Coast is pretty quick - about 4-5 weeks, longer if you live down South. Where are you?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
Thanks for the reply, I live in Northern NJ, and the car is being delivered to Morristown Mini.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
jkling17
4th Gear
Hey Neighbor! I'm in West Trenton (formerly Whitehouse Station). I'm thinking that you are probably looking at around 3.5 - 4 weeks.

The waiting is easier if you spend lots of time here ... I'll have mine (finally) by Mon, but I hope Sat.

Jeff

PS: anyone who says the waiting isn't so bad ... is a crappy liar.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
I'm in Waldwick, a bit further up north. I'm not going to lie, the 3-4 weeks makes me cringe, but then again, I've waited this long, what's another month or so. Congrats on getting yours, I'm envious to the core.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
BadMINI S
Its not just an obsession
Hey guys... I'm in NNJ and I see 3-4 weeks... GRR!!! At least my Clubman is supposed to be finishing up production today. The wait is killing me. I call ASK-MINI almost everyday!!! lvxviaest, maybe I will see ya motoring around. I mean, you're still pretty far away but I haven't seen any Clubbies around.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:51 PM
dez
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow lots of luv for the clubman in jersey. I am in jersey city and my MCCSm is sit-in on the dock of the big bay waiting to sail over. hopefully I am 3 -4 weeks out. I think I am on FIDELIO - according to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking .

Any way maybe we will run into each other motoring in NJ.. I have seen 3 so far...but I will only be here for a week or so before my wife and I take ninja on the long trip cross country as we take our time moving out to Santa Monica

Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM
jkling17
4th Gear
The Clubman is not an actual car - it's strictly a marketing concept. When you go to pick it up, it will actually be a MINI, with some special decals on the side mirrors that will give one the impression that the car has an extended back seat area. You won't notice, and neither will your friends or family. In fact, they will emphatically believe that the back seat area IS bigger than a normal MINI. And since perception IS reality, it will in fact be so, at least in terms of anything that actually matters.

Sorry ...

Old 05-03-2008, 04:25 AM
BadMINI S
Yupp so I am scheduled for the Patriot, supposed to hit NYC on May 12. YAY!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 AM
rexicon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BadMINI S
Yupp so I am scheduled for the Patriot, supposed to hit NYC on May 12. YAY!
How are you guys finding out which boat you're scheduled for?

Ask-MINI is saying that it's at port waiting for shipment but don't know which boat. WW shiplines doesn't recognize the vin...

Is there another resource or do I just need to be patient for the vin # to be recognized by the WW site?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:01 AM
jweiss32807
2nd Gear
I think I may be on the same boat, but I am getting somewhat confused. The Owners Lougne now has me En Route, so I went to WW and found out that my boat was the Fidelio, with a port of destination of Brunswich GA. I then go to Sailwxinfo and look up the Fidelio, and it takes me to the Patriot. In the past 10 days, it looks like it came from GA. Maybe that was the return trip, and NY is the first stop for deliveries? How did you find out that the arrival date in NY was May 12th? Can you tell me when the arrival date in Brunsiwck GA is going to be?

Jon W.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Otra
6th Gear
You've read this thread on 1st Gear https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=70301 about tracking? When you find your ship on WW...you must continue to click on the ship's info it does give updates. Often the sailwxinfo, from my experiences, was not updated.

Even though I've done this several times, and quite recently, it's kind of like delivering a baby...you forget the pain and details shortly after you've delivered.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:08 AM
ColdFyre
2nd Gear
The DREADED WAIT indeed... try having your boat land a week ago (last Thursday) and it's STILL not at my dealer!!!!!!! This past week has been worse than the time it took to get built and land!

Trust me, it only gets worse from here on out

Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 AM
jkling17
4th Gear
Codfyre,

That makes me feel a little better (but not much). The Integrity docked Monday the 28th. One of us on the same ship got his Clubman yesterday but my MCS won't be at the dealer until late Tuesday for Wed pickup (and I'll be out of town ...). Sucks ... big time.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:51 AM
BadMINI S
Originally Posted by rexicon
How are you guys finding out which boat you're scheduled for?

Ask-MINI is saying that it's at port waiting for shipment but don't know which boat. WW shiplines doesn't recognize the vin...

Is there another resource or do I just need to be patient for the vin # to be recognized by the WW site?
Go to the WW website and click "Cargo Tracking", then choose 'Auto Cargo' it will then ask you for your Cargo ID (which is your VIN) It then displays the ship's name, and when it was received at the dock. When you find which boat you are on click the home page and choose 'Schedules' find your ship and it will give you information on your ship's destinations. Hope that helps.

Last edited by BadMINI S; 05-03-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Alto Clef
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rexicon

Your MINI may be on a K-Line ship, as mine was last month, in which case tracking is more limited. Your MA should be able to tell you the line and the ship. ASK-MINI and MINIUSA.com are less reliable, in my experience.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:59 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
I'm on the Patriot as well. Only two weeks more!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your wait is almost over - yayyy!!

Donna

Old 05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
BadMINI S
Originally Posted by lvxviaest
I'm on the Patriot as well. Only two weeks more!
Do MINIs get sea sick? I hope not!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
Do MINIs get sea sick? I hope not!
Nah, they are in the cargo hold playing some football.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
Now I'm a bit confused. Although my vin appears (sans any *) on the WW website, and appears to be on the Patriot (which is currently in the middle of the Atlantic), the status has not changed from Waiting for Transport to En Route via OL. Nor does ASK MINI list a change. Should I be worried it missed the boat?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
Hey guys... I'm in NNJ and I see 3-4 weeks... GRR!!! At least my Clubman is supposed to be finishing up production today. The wait is killing me. I call ASK-MINI almost everyday!!! lvxviaest, maybe I will see ya motoring around. I mean, you're still pretty far away but I haven't seen any Clubbies around.
I have only seen one on the road which is a twin of the one I have on order. Aside from that one, there is a HC which taunts me on my way to work every morning.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:09 PM
BadMINI S
Originally Posted by lvxviaest
Now I'm a bit confused. Although my vin appears (sans any *) on the WW website, and appears to be on the Patriot (which is currently in the middle of the Atlantic), the status has not changed from Waiting for Transport to En Route via OL. Nor does ASK MINI list a change. Should I be worried it missed the boat?
I am on the Patriot too and the OL still says awaiting shipping vessel and ASK-MINI just updated this afternoon saying that my clubman is being transported but my vin still came up on the Patriot... I don't think you missed that boat, the system is just sloooooow... don't worry.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
rexicon
4th Gear
Woohoo! - my Clubman has finally showed up on the WW site. Due to unload Brunswick GA on 5/21. Let's hope the turnaround from there to Ferman Mini is swift!

I sold my car last week and the 1 car gig is getting old...

Edit: on the Mignon

Last edited by rexicon; 05-08-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
lvxviaest
1st Gear
I am on the Patriot too and the OL still says awaiting shipping vessel and ASK-MINI just updated this afternoon saying that my clubman is being transported but my vin still came up on the Patriot... I don't think you missed that boat, the system is just sloooooow... don't worry.
I was just updated as well! Thanks for the reassurance heh.

Quick Reply: R55 The dreaded wait...