R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 The waiting - second guessing options

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
warev
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The waiting - second guessing options

Ok, I need to get my fill of Mini Clubman information. So bad - I took the kids by the Mini Dealership just to see Mini's in general, we looked at all to them, convertibles, minis and clubmans!

At any rate, everytime I go I begin second guessing my options, since as you can read below, it is going to take awhile before I can drive off in the sunset of my new Clubman S.

I recently added to my build sheet limited slip differential (LSD) which after reading many posts seems like a valuable addition to the driving experience.

So here is where I am today, still thinking about leather, as of now I have the checkered cloth. NO one eats in my car so not a big deal.

And I would like the nav system, however, $2000 is a lot since I already have a Garmin. Any suggestions or must haves? Anyone caught in the same spot?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I would skip the factory NAV system and go with the Garmin instead. Right there you are saving $1.5K-$2K right off the bat.

If you are ordering a manual transmission Clubman S, I would probably go for the LSD as well. Why not? For $500 it is cheap and comes from the factory. Aftermarket LSD installs can run you at least $2K.

The rest is purely personal preference. I much prefer the leatherette seats, but the pattern/colors are limited to one choice. Given the choice between cloth and leather, I would stick to leather. I don't like cloth seats on a car for many reasons, which may or may not apply to you.

Get the cruise control/MFSW steering wheel combo. The cruise control in the Clubman is one of the best systems I have experienced in recent time.

If you have an iPod, I also recommend the dealer installed iPod adaptor. A must have IMHO.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Personally, I would skip the factory NAV system and go with the Garmin instead. Right there you are saving $1.5K-$2K right off the bat.

If you are ordering a manual transmission Clubman S, I would probably go for the LSD as well. Why not? For $500 it is cheap and comes from the factory. Aftermarket LSD installs can run you at least $2K.

The rest is purely personal preference. I much prefer the leatherette seats, but the pattern/colors are limited to one choice. Given the choice between cloth and leather, I would stick to leather. I don't like cloth seats on a car for many reasons, which may or may not apply to you.

Get the cruise control/MFSW steering wheel combo. The cruise control in the Clubman is one of the best systems I have experienced in recent time.

If you have an iPod, I also recommend the dealer installed iPod adaptor. A must have IMHO.
Couldn't agree more. I went with leather in mine. The bottom line was durability and leather wins over clothe all of the time and I wasn't a fan of leatherette (but that's a personal decision).