R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Chrome Line Interior ... what does it include?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as promised ... a photo of the reflections off the speedo chrome ring

Old 10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lurch70
thanks for those snippets LadyGodiva ... good to know.

well here is how mine looks:

doors ... NADA

front cupholders ... NADA (however, the tranny does have it)

dash ... looks OK

rear cuphoder ... NADA

Interesting not at all like the pics on the sales info! My clubman has it on the front cup holders and door handels but not on the door speakers nor chrome on rear cup holder I have arm rest, or on the rear seat cup holders I have the HC interrior with oak dash the door panels are piano black. The other mistake is the missing chrome gas door on the S clubman! My dealer aggread that thease parts are missing and they are on order. If MINI dosent come up with the chrome it might be time for a class action lawsuit!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Mantid
2nd Gear
BMW Part Numbers For Chrome Line Door Speaker Covers

I had originally ordered and paid for the Chrome Line Interior option and, after an almost four-month hassle with the Sales Department, my dealer’s Service Department installed the four Chrome Line speaker covers in my Clubman front doors in place of the ones with the black plastic center rings that came with the car. If you have the upgraded sound system, the covers below are of identical size to the ones that are on there now. My dealer’s Parts Department says the speaker covers for the regular sound system are also the same size as those below and there is no size difference related to whether the sound system is upgraded or not.

Here are the Chrome Line Clubman (2008) front door speaker BMW Part Numbers:

One – 51-41-2-753-688 (right door)
One – 51-41-2-753-693 (left door)
Two – 51-41-2-753-333 (both doors same cover)

As of about a week ago when I last checked, the Mini configurator was still showing the front door speaker enclosures lighting up when the Chrome Line Option was selected. There was no exception stated at all. As any reader of this thread knows, some dealers have stonewalled and made all kinds of excuses. At first I was told by my dealer’s Sales Department that because I ordered black leatherette, the speakers weren’t Chrome Line and that was the way Mini USA had decided to do it, the indication being that it was simply my tough luck. After watching the speakers light up on the configurator themselves, then I was told that the leatherette excuse wasn’t accurate and that because I had the upgraded sound system, the Chrome Line speaker covers may not fit, but they would order them and see.

After I heard nothing from the Sales Department for a month, I called and they were very vague about whether the speaker covers they said they would order fit, didn’t fit, were even there or happened to be sent back, so they would order them again if they weren’t there. Two more months passed and no word from them. After a couple of more calls that went unanswered as to the status of the speaker covers, I went to the dealership and instead of talking to the Sales Department, I went to the Parts Department and they easily and quickly produced the Chrome Line covers for me to look at and said it was immaterial whether the speakers were regular or upgraded and the covers were the same size for either. Then I went in and had a chat with Sales Department, we came to an understanding, and the covers were installed perfectly and with no problem by the Service Department. As you might expect, there is a wide variance in my opinion of the way the Sales Department handles matters vs. the way the Parts Department and the Service Department handle matters at that dealership.

I envy those of you whose dealers stepped up to the plate for you immediately as your advocate when what you ordered and paid for wasn’t on the car, instead of becoming your adversary at that moment.

This is not a matter of the parts not being manufactured or not fitting. Mini USA just decided not to put them on for whatever their reason, and arrogantly so it seems since they are still misleading potential customers by failing to disclose that on the configurator from which they urge you to build your car. That’s not just a mistake. In my opinion, in my state that easily falls within the definition of consumer fraud. Since one orders the vehicle from the dealer and not Mini USA, it’s also my view that it’s unconscionable for a dealer to dump the problem in your lap if it is remediable, and this one clearly is.

For those of you who ordered it and want it: Don’t let them stonewall you or lie to you. And they often do it with a smile, but no action. They are counting on you simply giving up if they do that to you enough. It would be nice to get a class action lawyer interested in this with respect to Mini USA, but short of that, most states have a consumer fraud division to which you can normally easily make a complaint, usually a highly simplified process these days. In addition to that, you can also make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, which isn’t hard to do either. Neither costs you a penny. The internet has become a wonderful and powerful tool for the so-called “little guy” and makes all of this pretty easy. Also, the TV stations in a lot of communities have a “Channel __ on your side” consumer investigative feature. Give them a call.

So don’t give up against those dealers who aren’t treating you fairly. That’s what they are counting on. They think they are too big for you to fight. They are not. Keep up the pressure and you should be pleasantly surprised when they suddenly decide to do the right thing.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:17 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
http://web.me.com/jpp_zoso/Site/My_New_Car.html#8

Last edited by jpp_zoso; 11-05-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: image link no worky...