R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Anyone have experience with leasecompare.com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008 | 05:46 PM
NeuroticRobot
|
2nd Gear
Anyone have experience with leasecompare.com?

Im curious what people's experiences have been with them along with what and how things are done. Also, is it possible for dealerships to deny leasing through a different leasing company than their own?

I just placed an order and Im waiting for my 09 Clubman S in November. Can't wait!

Old 08-01-2008 | 10:00 PM
NeuroticRobot
|
2nd Gear
Anyone? Ha ha.

Old 08-01-2008 | 10:37 PM
bgdc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NeuroticRobot
Im curious what people's experiences have been with them along with what and how things are done. Also, is it possible for dealerships to deny leasing through a different leasing company than their own?

I just placed an order and Im waiting for my 09 Clubman S in November. Can't wait!
I looked into lease compare but ended up deciding a Cooper holds its value too well to bother with leasing.

No, a dealership cannot refuse to sell the car to the company you use for leasing. Just as they can't deny your choice of loan companies. you negotiate the price, finalize and then your leasing company buys the car (tax free).

Old 08-01-2008 | 11:48 PM
NeuroticRobot
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bgdc
I looked into lease compare but ended up deciding a Cooper holds its value too well to bother with leasing.

No, a dealership cannot refuse to sell the car to the company you use for leasing. Just as they can't deny your choice of loan companies. you negotiate the price, finalize and then your leasing company buys the car (tax free).
Tax free? Is that the way lease compare is able to provide lower lease rates?

Old 08-02-2008 | 01:41 AM
bgdc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NeuroticRobot
Tax free? Is that the way lease compare is able to provide lower lease rates?
No, you will be taxed in accordance with your state laws. The lease company is a licensed dealer so they're allowed to take the car from a dealer and then transfer the tax burden to you.

In California you pay tax on each payment, not the car's total value. So if you go through lease compare the bank pays the sale price to the dealer, then the bank leases the car to you. You pay each month and get taxed on the percentage of the car you use. When the lease is up, the car goes back to the bank.

I looked into NFCU's lease program too. It's pretty nice in that the start up cost is just 2% of the msrp and their lease rate is a flat 4.4 on 15k miles. The residuals vary by car. I think on the Clubman S they said something in the mid 60s.

Overall, I opted to buy instead. With the Cooper selling for so much used it's tough to make a case for leasing.

Old 08-02-2008 | 02:13 AM
NeuroticRobot
|
2nd Gear
Wow, great info. Thanks!

Yeah Im taking the leasing route considering my impulses to change vehicles ever few years. Also my financial status at the moment will be better in a few years time and hopefully I'll be able to purchase a new Mini car then.