R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Keyed - again!! URGGGGG....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008 | 08:44 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by aafflyer
I apologize for perhaps over reacting, but I truly doubt that it is a fellow mini owner doing someone else's car in because it diminishes the value of their car. That's all I meant to say, and I probably could have phrased it better.

But I still see little justification for your post, and thus (to me) it too could have just as well not been posted.
I think what both of you said is fine....it is a forum and you are allowed your opinions....I would not put anything past some people so it is possible. Anyone was would key a car far any reason is an idiot..

Old 10-14-2008 | 10:12 AM
Donna/Mike
|
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
None at all. I'm just saying that I have met a person or two who think that, when they have a car that is all unique, they get angry and jealous when something similar comes out and it "diminishes how special their car is." You should read some articles on the Clubman when it first came out. One writer did bash the Clubman, saying it was "killing" the nostalgia of the smaller one! Some people make me laugh. Take deep breath and relax. Puhleeze relax. If you can't type without trying to stir up a fight, why post anything at all? I remember during that last presidential election that people's signs were being stolen and their cars scratched and egged. Someone on a message board suggested that party A's supporters were vandalizing the cars of their own party supporters to make it look like party B was responsible. Interesting thought. I suspect something similar here but for different reasons because I find it somewhat odd that only Clubmen are being vandalized, not R53s or convertibles.
2 years ago my Cabrio was keyed also - but MUCH worse - all the way down the drivers side - front to back - $3K worth of damage that our insurance company paid out... So I fully believe it's not just the Clubman....

Donna

Old 10-14-2008 | 01:30 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
When I drive in traffic, many pedestrians and occupants of other vehicles notice my MINI. They turn their head to look, they smile, they point, they laugh, and some try to talk to me while were driving. Many pedestrians and occupants don't even take a second look let alone a first one. That is the way this keying must have happened. Donna/Mike's MINI caught someone's eye, for who knows what reason, and vandalized it. Speculate why all day long and you won't know the reason until the vandal, himself, tells you.

Old 10-14-2008 | 05:25 PM
hollyross
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
2 years ago my Cabrio was keyed also - but MUCH worse - all the way down the drivers side - front to back - $3K worth of damage that our insurance company paid out... So I fully believe it's not just the Clubman....

Donna
You got took...we just had the whole right side of the Clubman re-painted by the best shop in town for $700. She got a major ding and it was the only way for them to match the paint. The dinger payed for it BTW. Another BTW...the first thing the body guy asked was "who's paying for this". I said me...wonder what the price would have been if I'd said State Farm? This is a reputable shop, but we all know why our insurance is so high don't we?

Old 10-14-2008 | 05:29 PM
hollyross
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bardsjr
That is a bit silly to think that Mini owners would do such a thing. I know you were saying that in jest though. The culprits are probably some dumb kids who don't know any better.

But man, if I ever caught someone keying my car, they would never find the body.

Oh, what happened? I blacked out there for a second.
Ever see a human body that's been keyed? That's what I'd do. And I'd leave the body out so his/her buddies could see it.