R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Dashboard Trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 12:17 PM
1lifex1chance
|
Neutral
Dashboard Trim

I'm looking for checkerboard dashbaord trim. I know you can get it from the dealer but, is there any where you can go to get it after market?

* I am going to place my clubman order this week and I am not sure if I should just add the trim into the price then or try to install it myself later on with an after maket part.

Old 08-11-2008 | 06:20 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by 1lifex1chance
I'm looking for checkerboard dashbaord trim. I know you can get it from the dealer but, is there any where you can go to get it after market?

* I am going to place my clubman order this week and I am not sure if I should just add the trim into the price then or try to install it myself later on with an after maket part.
Yes there are places you can get it from but in my experience they are buying the Mini part and reselling it at a higher cost.

This is the case with many Mini parts such as this.

But on the other hand you can call or e-mail Aesthetic Creations and they can help you out. See there add in the vendor section
https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vendor.php

or better yet check out Vinyl Styles at http://www.lylesvinylstyles.net/

They do a great job on some real custom interior and exterior parts.

Old 08-11-2008 | 08:16 AM
richs10
5th Gear

If you are thinking about ordering this as an aftermarket item from your dealer after you take delivery, I recommend that you price it at Classic Mini before you place your order with your dealer's parts department. I have been able to consistently beat my dealer's prices by a substantial margin with Classic.

This is a MINI dealer in Ohio who sees the value of an well organized mail order side of the business. They also give a NAM discount and have periodic sales which can really save you some bucks. My chrome bonnet scoop was $159 from my dealer, but I paid $104 at Classic. My phone cradle was $160 from the dealer and I got it on sale for $79 from Classic. You pay shipping but it still is a great deal and they are nice people to deal with.

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:47 AM
digi0123
3rd Gear
While you are at it, find out how much of a PITA it will be to replace said parts...sometimes labor is easier to pay for up front on the build.

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:55 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richs10
If you are thinking about ordering this as an aftermarket item from your dealer after you take delivery, I recommend that you price it at Classic Mini before you place your order with your dealer's parts department. I have been able to consistently beat my dealer's prices by a substantial margin with Classic.

This is a MINI dealer in Ohio who sees the value of an well organized mail order side of the business. They also give a NAM discount and have periodic sales which can really save you some bucks. My chrome bonnet scoop was $159 from my dealer, but I paid $104 at Classic. My phone cradle was $160 from the dealer and I got it on sale for $79 from Classic. You pay shipping but it still is a great deal and they are nice people to deal with.
This is fantastic news to me. I've been thinking about getting things for my MINI, i.e. mudflaps, carbon fiber scoop, etc. and I really dont' want to pay the dealer price. THANKS!!!

Old 08-12-2008 | 08:47 PM
kechman8
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by richs10

Um, how do you get the NAM discount? I looked at their accessory site and I did a quick scan at prices - looks like full MSRP. Do you have to call in the order?

Old 08-13-2008 | 03:51 AM
richs10
5th Gear
I have always called them at their 800 #. They give you a NAM discount when you tell them you heard about them here. I pay for my order with a credit card and they ship it out.

Old 08-13-2008 | 04:01 AM
1lifex1chance
|
Neutral
Thanks for all the responses. I ordered my clubman last night and I asked about the checkerboard dashboard trim and he told me that because I was not ordering the S model that they would not install it on my car. I am thinking of calling the 800 # like suggested and paying for it that way, then finding someone to install it. The dealer charges an arm and a leg for installation.

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Thanks for all the responses. I ordered my clubman last night and I asked about the checkerboard dashboard trim and he told me that because I was not ordering the S model that they would not install it on my car. I am thinking of calling the 800 # like suggested and paying for it that way, then finding someone to install it. The dealer charges an arm and a leg for installation.
You might check my post and JudgeS's in this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=141702. One person's perception of 'checkerboard dashboard trim' might be very different from another's because similar terminology is used for two different products. I got an install price quoted by my dealer today for about $400 ($236 for the trim itself; the rest for labor to install).