R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Clubman accessories to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 12:14 AM
beasleyboy
|
5th Gear
Clubman accessories to avoid

Because this is the Clubman section of the forum, I think that there should be a thread on accessories/mods that don't work well with the Clubman.

For example, it would be nice if we could get people with experience with R56 and R55 versions to talk about whether an accessory worked with the other Coopers but not on the Clubmen. Why? I think we'll be able to help each other out as there are so many websites that lack updated information on what their version their accessories work with. And while we're on the topic, are there any high performance exhausts that will work on the Clubman?

One example that still has me stumped: are the sunroofs on the standard Cooper the same size on both panes as the Clubman? I plan to get some decals for the top but am not sure if it'll work. The websites I've visited only say Cooper but not Clubman. E-mailed two of the sites a week ago and still didn't get a reply.
Also asked a site that makes tinted film for the Cooper about whether it'll work on a Clubman and didn't get a reply either.
Will accessories for the trunk work on the Clubman too such as carry cases that fit in the spare tire well?
We could also put out a list of parts that are not interchangeable between the two that MOST people think can fit. This would save plenty of people some frustration and money.

Old 08-25-2008 | 12:23 AM
beasleyboy
|
5th Gear
One last thing: I know there's a subforum for this called "interior/exterior". The problem is I have to read EVERY line to find out which version they're talking about. Having one exclusively for the Clubman and what accessories/mods do/don't work will probably make life easier for us Clubbies!

Old 08-25-2008 | 04:27 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Though this may not be exactly what you're looking for, you might find it helpful to read through - if you haven't already: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ht=Accessories