R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 My order, any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order, any comments?

Wow, got a message from my MA on Sat and they are ready to start building my MINI! I was so surprised, I was not expecting this for another month. Maybe it is because the states are getting an additional allotment or maybe because people are waiting for the sports package, but either way I'm elated. A bit nervous as well, but excited.

Here is the order that I have worked up, any comments, suggestions? I have already done the whole Clubman/Clubman S debate and have finally decided on the Clubman. Here is my build that I will be submitting by the end of the day:

NFR w/ Black roof
Manual
Black bonnet stripes
Convenience package
Premium package
Cold weather package
Leatherette & Fine White Silver interior (standard)
Roof rails
Front and rear fog lights
15" all season wheels/tires (though think I may get some 16" wheels on Craigslist for about $300 and put non run flats on them)
Sport seats
Anthracite headliner
(will get the clear bra done after the purchase)

Thanks for any help! I've never had a really nice car and I'm so excited to be part of the MINI family. I test drove the 2009 Fit yesterday to give the new version one last try, but it didn't excite me and my husband said that he didn't want me to get it and then lament every time I saw a MINI on the road. Wise man .

Last edited by Coopdy; 09-01-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added black roof detail
Old 09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
I think Mini is an addiction, after we test drove it other vehicles we test drove just did not do it. We still have a couple of weeks before our week 38 production happens, sounds like you have a great setup. Post pics when it arrives.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
You know how I will feel about your build! Congrats to joining the NFR Clubman team!! I know what you mean about the test drive. I drove a Civic and while it was a fine car, it was just that...a car. The MINI is so much more. Congrats on the early build date. Based on the builds and the extra time it will take yours to get to the left coast, we should be taking delivery right around the same time!!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Wow, got a message from my MA on Sat and they are ready to start building my MINI! I was so surprised, I was not expecting this for another month. Maybe it is because the states are getting an additional allotment or maybe because people are waiting for the sports package, but either way I'm elated. A bit nervous as well, but excited.

Here is the order that I have worked up, any comments, suggestions? I have already done the whole Clubman/Clubman S debate and have finally decided on the Clubman. Here is my build that I will be submitting by the end of the day:

NFR w/ Black roof
Manual
Black bonnet stripes
Convenience package
Premium package
Cold weather package
Roof rails
15" all season wheels/tires (though think I may get some 16" wheels on Craigslist for about $300 and put non run flats on them)
Sport seats
Anthracite headliner

Thanks for any help! I've never had a really nice car and I'm so excited to be part of the MINI family. I test drove the 2009 Fit yesterday to give the new version one last try, but it didn't excite me and my husband said that he didn't want me to get it and then lament every time I saw a MINI on the road. Wise man .
The NFR/Black combo is going to look SHARP!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
MiniBoz
2nd Gear
I like it! I can't really comment yet as mine is headed to the States!

The worst part of getting a Mini is deciding what to get. Especially the colors. I loved the Chili Red, British Racing Green, ah heck - all of them!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks! I'm very excited. Yeah Jumboshrimp, I'm in your camp. Seems like you would get yours a lot earlier than me though since I think that it won't actually be built the first part of Oct and my MA said it should arrive around Thanksgiving. So, you'll have to let me know how things go with yours when it arrives.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Coopdy I am *SO* happy for you!!! WAHOO!!

I think your Clubbie will be gorgeous!! I cannot WAIT for pics!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Barley
3rd Gear
I saw a NFR/B Clubman parked downtown Portland during my lunch walk one day. Verrry nice.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
hooknew
2nd Gear
source for 16" wheels?

Originally Posted by Coopdy

NFR w/ Black roof
Manual
Black bonnet stripes
Convenience package
Premium package
Cold weather package
Roof rails
Sport seats
Anthracite headliner

do you feel good about finding 16" wheels for $300? Is there a secondary market for clubman wheels?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Joep
6th Gear
You're gonna be so happy with your selection. NFR is a really nice color. My wife has been eyeing that color for a couple of months now. Your config sounds excellent.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hooknew
do you feel good about finding 16" wheels for $300? Is there a secondary market for clubman wheels?
I would. Id' like to run 16" non runflats and have priced up the tires I want at $340 for a set and with wheels at $300 I'd still be way ahead of purchasing the car with the same wheels with runflats that I do not want.

Do you have a pair to sell in the Seatle area?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks Barley and Joep. I've since added to the configurator (though my boss is telling me to add the S, lol). I've now elected for the brushed alloy interior and the chrome exterior. Can't go wrong with a little extra bling ; ). Waiting for my MA to email me the order for me to confirm. tick tock.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Wait, you need chrome interior!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Well, things changed today and I opted for the Dark Silver/Black Clubman S basically with the same features plus LSD. This was a tough decision process for me (and consequently my husband as well ; ) and I'm extremely excited for the car, but right now just feel such a sense of relief that the decision making is over! Thanks again for all the help. Sorry Jumboshrip that I'm jumping ship but I will always love your Clubbie and hope that you will indulge me with lots of photos when it arrives!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Congrats to you, Coopdy! DS/B is totally gorgeous, too!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Ooooh I love the DK silver/Blk combo! can't wait to see it! congrats!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Phew, that decision is made, eh? Most of us know how it is to change our minds while in the ordering process. And as I've posted elsewhere - I love the DS color.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Flytime
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Wait, you need chrome interior!!!

Yes... Get the Chrome inside and out

Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thank you all! I will DEFINITELY post a lot of pics when my baby arrives. I opted not to get the chrome as I had to financially draw the line somewhere . MA had suggested to get the white turn signals so that was one more addition as well. This was not a "feature" I had previously though about.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:10 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
No worries Coopdy, you have great taste...I love the DS color too, and I will be sure to post lots of NFR pics when Lola arrives, just to make you jealous (kidding of course). I totally get how hard a process the whole ordering thing is. I still play with the configurator almost daily. If only I had a bigger garage....and a bigger bank account!

Can't wait to see pics!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks Jumboshrimp! Wow, your car is due to build in one week, woohooo!

Yeah, I hear you on the bigger (or in my case any) garage and the bigger bank account. All these little options (that my husband laughs at as they most seem to be ***** nilly $250 or $500) can really add up! Can't wait for us to get our cars -- too bad you're across the county because it would be cool to motor with ya.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
Nice build! I know you will enjoy it! Grr, wish I could have ordered the roof rails.
My only comment would be to pick up the front driving lights after purchase, there are some less expensive good deals out there as I have found out. Keep the rear fog-wish I had it now.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Hi Coopdy,
saw that you changed your order. I think you'll end up being happy about the change. I just found out the I am "Scheduled for production" and I finally have a Vin. Things should be moving pretty quickly now.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Congrats siggiS you must be elated that your baby is in the birthing canal. My brother has asked if I am taking maternity leave when mine arrives (what a great idea!) I did tell him that I was starting to "show" .

Love the Shortbus on2wheels! Yeah my husband thought the rear fog lights were unneccessary but I remember reading about someone using them to warn off severe tailgates, so the money seems worth it ; ). That is good to hear about after market driving lights -- have to have some mods to get started on -- thanks for the advice! I bet that there will be a retro fit for the rails for you.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Hi Coopdy,
production has started and Hermione should be done on the 14th. The next ship leaves to next day and I doubt that we will make it. Anyways there is a lot of progress and we are very happy about that.