R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 If my wife loved me like I'm loving my Clubman...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 PM
kpwright
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If my wife loved me like I'm loving my Clubman...

I received my MCC about two weeks ago and now I understand why I was ignored when my wife gave birth to our daughters. I no longer think about getting home in time for dinner, I'm taking the long way home every day. For those of you who care, here's a detailed review. I know this is boring and redundant but I've got to tell somebody. Pics in my gallery. Thanks to everyone for advice on colors & options, I'm happy with everything.

Clubman version - absolutely great. perfect leg room and my kids think the club door is a hoot. seats fold down and give lots of room when needed. the trunk bottom storage is great for the jumper cables and stuff.

BRG/BRG - what a beauty

tuscan interior - this is the killer. if i could have had only one option, this would be it. looks terrific and lifts my spirits inside the car.

sport seats - great, perfectly comfortable. i have a sensitive back and tend to complain about car seats. with the lumbar adjusted i find them very comfortable.

bridge spokes - look great but show the wheel dust in early break in... hoping that will calm down after awhile.

continental run flats, all season - great. i don't know what all the run-flat complaining is about. the ride is perfectly fine and the traction is great.

LED interior lights - coooooooool. why isn't there a toggle position for "off"?? do they assume that even if you're making out with sweetie that you always want the lights? so far i don't care 'cause they're cool, but seems weird you can't turn them off.

standard stereo - totally fine. sounds great, better than my old volvo 960. i might not even bother with the rear speaker upgrades.

Non-S manual gearbox - great, totally sufficient power. i'm already speeding as it is, any more power and i'd be wrapping it around a tree.

"the armrest" - great, i use it all the time. glad the MA talked me into it. still don't know why it cost $250 though.

secret dashboard compartment - nobody told me about this and i found it by accident when leaning on the dashboard.

auto a/c - it's still warm in milwaukee so i haven't used it much. windows down.

no sunroof - don't miss it at all. nice to have the sun blocked on sunny days, and nice to know my roof will never leak or rattle.

seatbelts - hard to grab. i'm 5'8" and have the seat up fairly far, so i have to reach waaaay back to get the belt.

impact on wife - she loves the car and says it's nice to have a stick shift again. i'm hoping she'll date me more now. since we're sitting closer together than we were in the volvo, i'll get to kiss her more often.

Yeah, baby.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what... sounds like you love your wife and your clubman a lot...

Congrats!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
drumsfire14
1st Gear
Glad to hear you are loving your Clubbie. Great pics and your Clubbie is very beautiful. I came out of a Volvo S40 2006 with sunroof. Hardly ever used it and plus the mpg was cruddy. Have fun with the Clubbie and always be safe.

Last edited by drumsfire14; 09-12-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
you sound so happy. thats cool.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Wonderful review!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Nice review, I am hoping my wife will love me as much as she will love our Clubman when we can pick it up next month.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
kpwright
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fertile-turtle
you sound so happy. thats cool.
With a name like fertile-turtle you definately need to get a BRG MCC!!! I called mine Lucky but think it's a frog every time i look at it.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
kpwright
1st Gear
Originally Posted by drumsfire14
Have fun with the Clubbie and always be safe.
Do you mean "safe" with my wife or "safe" with the car? It's hard to control myself in it so I can't promise anything.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kpwright
tuscan interior - this is the killer. if i could have had only one option, this would be it. looks terrific and lifts my spirits inside the car.
Can I get an Amen? AMEN! I love the Tuscan, too.

Congrats to you on your beautiful BRG Clubman. Lucky is a beauty!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Glad to hear you are happy...and the fact that you are still making out with your "sweetie" another plus... Enjoy!!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LED interior lights - coooooooool. why isn't there a toggle position for "off"?? do they assume that even if you're making out with sweetie that you always want the lights? so far i don't care 'cause they're cool, but seems weird you can't turn them off.
They are not just LED light the are "MOOD LIGHTS" helps get the ladies in the mood.

i'm hoping she'll date me more now. since we're sitting closer together than we were in the volvo, i'll get to kiss her more often.

Yeah, baby.
Unfortunately there is just as little room in this car as the 1972 Honda Civic i drove as a high school student. Not easy to make out in, unless you put down the rear seats and have a mattress.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Can I get an Amen? AMEN! I love the Tuscan, too.

Congrats to you on your beautiful BRG Clubman. Lucky is a beauty!
Amen Sister. hallelujia!

And I have to agree with RandomGemini - you sound like you love your wife and clubman a lot!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
With a name like fertile-turtle you definately need to get a BRG MCC!!! I called mine Lucky but think it's a frog every time i look at it.
tee hee!

we go back and forth, daily. AB/AB, or BRG/AB...

it will end up being a coin toss at the last minute. I need to change my name. We are no longer fertile-turtles. The ole'boy gave up his ability to ferilize

Old 09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Quesera
5th Gear
My MINI is the other woman.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
scotman
2nd Gear
Well it seems we have to things in common. We both live in Milwaukee and we both went with the BRG. If I see ya on the roads I'll give ya one of these.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fertile-turtle
We are no longer fertile-turtles. The ole'boy gave up his ability to fertilize

girl, you crack me UP!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:25 AM
jane&ian
2nd Gear
lovely pictures kpwright,we are getting our pw cooper clubman very soon,it will be our third BMW mini,we have now sold our silver cooper to buy the clubman,and we will keep the blue cooper s,can't wait to pick the new car up,we have already named it- charlie clubman