R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT

Our clubbie and our dog are in the latest copy of "MC2 The Mini Magazine"

There is an article about Mini's On Top, The Largest Mini Event in the Northeast. Well normally it is, but i think MTTS Boston 2008 had more cars for the morning breakfast drive but then many lost interest in the rest of the activities. There was a toral of 239 Mini's that participated in the MOT weekends events.

For those who have not attended or heard of MOT (Mini's On Top) it is a gathering that started 6 years ago from a suggestion for Mini Owners to get together for a lunch and drive to the top of Mt Washington to view the susnset, and has grown to a great rally and charity event. The event takes place at Mt Washington New Hampshire, and includes a drive to the top for a view of the sunset from the top of Mt Washington. Mini's only allowed. More about MOT can me found at www.minisontop.com or by reading the article in MC2.

As for the bragging. I have this picture from the magazine. Our dog Christie and part of our clubbie is in the second picture down. Christie is laying on her brand new (at the time) custom made bed. It mathces the Hot Chocolate interior fabric on the seats. Our car also won the cleanest car award at the Consures De Elegance. Other winners took Best Electronics, Best Performance Mods, Dirtiest Mini, Best Theme and others.

The picture of the blue clubbie with all the people behind it is the car that was given away as a two year lease. Raffle tickets were $25 dollars.

The total money raised for charity was $14,131.23 of which 6.288% (in honor of the mountain's elevation) was given to the Mt Washington Observatory to fund weather research and the rest went to the New Hampsire Make-A-Wish foundation.

And BTW Mini's On Top was held on 6-28-8 which is also the height of Mt Washington.

A fun time was had by all, an we meet a bunch of great people. Some of these people are NAM members and it was really a pleasure to meet you all.

Sorry, I jsut had to brag a little bit.

BTW next year we plan to take Cleanest Car, Best Theme, Best Electronics, and Best Overall in the Concours De Elegance. So to those attending the challenge has been rasied.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool congrats

Old 09-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Joep
6th Gear
Very cool. I'm going to have to go get a copy of MC2.

Congrats!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Kewl Beans!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you're bragging at all!

That's awesome! Of course they would want to show your awesome Clubbie and beautiful pup!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
I didn't look through the magazine yet, but I'll have to see if I'm in any of the pictures. The winner of the MINI lease is a NAM member, but I can't remember her screen name. She's the one with "INIMINI" on her license plate.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
BTW, MOT was a lot more fun than MTTS. I can't wait till next year! Though my wife swears she'll never go up that mountain again with that dense fog:

Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by tim781996
I didn't look through the magazine yet, but I'll have to see if I'm in any of the pictures. The winner of the MINI lease is a NAM member, but I can't remember her screen name. She's the one with "INIMINI" on her license plate.

I don't see any clubman in the title picture but your person may be in the picture of the crowd, and your car is probably in the picture of the cars lined up getting ready to take off the afternoon drives.

All the pictures are small so it is hard to make peoples faces out or what car it is unless it is one of the first ones in the line.

Good luck hunting.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Very cool and so glad you posted, Schatzy!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:22 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
And to think you took that picture at probably 7:30 on a July day where the sun stay up until after 9pm up there in N.H. and look how dark it is in the picture.

And as for the wife i would say she has two choices.

1. go to the top
2. stay and clean up the dishes after dinner.

her choice.

BTW did you drive past the mountain on Sunday? we went by about 1pm and you could see the top from the base and the views must have been spectacular as there were very few clouds in the sky.

Edit: MTTS boston did rather Suck. Christie (my dog) and I were hassled byt he state police. They tried to tell me it was against the law to have the dog on the state university property and that i would have to leave. I was so mad that I called the state police headquaters and spoke to the cheif in charge at the time and told him that his trooper would have to arrest me. and then when it went ot court he would look like real fool then next day when it was front page news in the Boston Globe and Herald, how a man was arrested for having his dog on university property that the state law actually states "there are to be no restrictions to animals on state property". After that i was left alone but it did put a damper on the festivities for me.

I must say though that the people from MINI were also very upset as the event coordinator had made sure it would be okay to have pets join their owners at the festivities and was told there would be no restrictions.

BTW, MOT was a lot more fun than MTTS. I can't wait till next year! Though my wife swears she'll never go up that mountain again with that dense fog:

Last edited by schatzy62; 09-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
tpetro33
4th Gear
I was there too!! Admired your clubbie and had a blast...as always!!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
In my opinion, the picture of your car in the fog is Calander worthy!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Greg Davis
In my opinion, the picture of your car in the fog is Calander worthy!
+1 good thoughts on that maybe we can get it added to next years NAM calendar.

Moderators take note.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62

I was so mad that I called the state police headquaters and spoke to the cheif in charge at the time and told him that his trooper would have to arrest me. and then when it went ot court he would look like real fool then next day when it was front page news in the Boston Globe and Herald, how a man was arrested for having his dog on university property that the state law actually states "there are to be no restrictions to animals on state property".
Kudos for you; Christie has the best dog daddy!

Congratulations to you and Christie for being selected for the magazine.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
Hey, that would be cool to be featured in a calendar.

We took off for Bangor first thing Sunday morning to get our new puppy, Sydney, so we didn't get a chance to go by the mountain. But I do have the opportunity to look at it everyday that its visible from my office window. I'm about 60 miles away, and I swear that on a clear day, I can even see the observatory on top with a pair of binoculars.

Bummer about the man trying to bring you down because of your dog. No offense to Mass, but the one run-in I had with the state police was not a happy occasion, and the officer was unnecessarily rude.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 AM
on2wheels
3rd Gear
Well done- worthy of a brag!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:55 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
I subscribed to this mag on August. I asked why I hadn't gotten a copy yet and the dude answered yesterday and said they mailed it out Sept. 4th, I should wait a couple more weeks (?). When, may I ask, did people here get their current issue?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Nothing wrong with bragging!!!
I'd brag too if:
1) I had a MINI
2) It was in a MINI magazine!!!
Congratulations!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
We took off for Bangor first thing Sunday morning to get our new puppy, Sydney, so we didn't get a chance to go by the mountain.
Now that you say that i do remember you mentioning that to us. SO how big is Sydney now?

But I do have the opportunity to look at it everyday that its visible from my office window. I'm about 60 miles away, and I swear that on a clear day, I can even see the observatory on top with a pair of binoculars.
Were is your office that you are only about 60 miles away and live in Maine (at least i presume Maine, as you line in Maine)

Bummer about the man trying to bring you down because of your dog. No offense to Mass, but the one run-in I had with the state police was not a happy occasion, and the officer was unnecessarily rude.
The actual final answer to my questions came almost a week later when I found out that the University Chancellor had asked the security police to not allow dogs on the property because a student had been bitten by a loose mongrel Rotwiler. I did end up getting an apology from the office in question via e-mail stating that he had not been told that the ban was only for school hours and functions and that he had now passed the info onto his peers. I thought that was very nice of him to make the apology.

Unfortunately many of them are very rude. I even had one stop me one time for doing 70 in a 65 zone just because i did not slow down when i saw his vehicle. Well from where he was parked in the woods late at night with no light on i did not see him. But i was the nice guy and just apologized to him for not being diligent. Then under my breath called him As****le as i drove away.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very cool!!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
LiB Clubman

Hi,

My name is Jocelyn and I was the one who won the Clubman at MOT.

I love being a two MINI car family. My husband drives the Clubman. I don't have to fight my husband over INIMINI anymore. I'm planning a JCW Stage 1 (Automatic) Kit in the next month for INIMINI.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Very cool schatzy! I think we need to see an enlarged version of that winning picture here on NAM, eh?

Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
It's not bragging if you can back it up! Congratulations!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
Originally Posted by inimini2007
Hi,

My name is Jocelyn and I was the one who won the Clubman at MOT.

I love being a two MINI car family. My husband drives the Clubman. I don't have to fight my husband over INIMINI anymore. I'm planning a JCW Stage 1 (Automatic) Kit in the next month for INIMINI.
Hi Jocelyn. We spoke briefly when we were having our cars "washed" by those high school students. Glad to hear your having a good time with both MINIs.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
Now that you say that i do remember you mentioning that to us. SO how big is Sydney now?
Almost 40 lbs! She was 11 when we picked her up. I'm attaching pics of her first day of puppy school. The one of her sitting in the car by herself was when she assumed she was going to school, when in fact it was her day off.

Were is your office that you are only about 60 miles away and live in Maine
South Portland. It's about 60 miles in a straight line, but a bit more than that by road.

Attached Thumbnails I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT-1st-day-of-puppy-school.jpg   I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT-waiting-for-my-ride-to-school.jpg   I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT-please-take-me-to-school.jpg  

Quick Reply: R55 I'm not one to normaly brag, BUT