R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tancred, it's a HC/Silver Clubman S. I'm picking it up Monday, just might decide to keep the non-anthracite header if I like the look.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:36 PM
tancred
4th Gear
HC, yummy! Since you have the silver roof, the lighter grey just might end up looking better after all. Let us know what you decide to do, okay? It'll be interesting to see who goes for the replacement, and how all this plays out. Good luck!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Originally Posted by tancred
LordRybo, it looks like mostly Weeks 36 and 37 affected by this. Any others?
I ask because I just noticed that my Anthricite headliner disappeared from the build sheet that is listed on the OL for my Week 40 build.

Hmmm...

Old 10-05-2008, 04:30 AM
bardsjr
1st Gear
You can add me to this Club...man. My Mini was brought home yesterday with a regular headliner. I ordered Anthracite. Mini on the Main Line told me that they have seen stuff come in before that was not as ordered but those issues were minor. It's funny, I was reading this post before I picked up the car and I said to myself, "Self, this won't happen to you. How could the car make it from the production line in ENGLAND all the way to Philadelphia and no one notice that, even though the features list on the car states Anthracite, the top is gray.

My adviser told me that it would be covered under warranty for them to swap it out though.

P.S.
As I was leaving with my car the finance manager told my sales rep that they just got another one with the wrong headliner. Someone must have been asleep on the assembly line.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so the A/B/C pillars ARE anthracite on these cars, just the headliner is not?

will also be interesting to hear feedback from all of you once your anthracite ones are put in and you had some weeks with the light grey one ... if the anthracite will feel more "closed in"?!?! ... one of the main reasons i did not order it.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Apple
6th Gear
I dont think i would let them change my headliner, I would order a new car...

Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 AM
IcedogSVL
1st Gear
That might have been me...picked up mine (without the headliner) around 3:00

Old 10-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Otra
6th Gear
I guess it all depends how important this darker headliner is to the person buying the car. Once one actually sits in the Clubman, I think it would be awfully difficult to "order a new one" and go through waiting another 5 to 6 weeks - IF one were fortunate enough to get in on a dealer's allocation.

All that said, it's disappointing when an order doesn't come as it was placed. I've been thinking lately that MINI might have to cut back a bit on some of its choices, but then again they do make extra money with all this "youification" don't they.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Weird things can happen at the factory, I guess. I still wonder how my car was delivered with a creamline interior, less the driver's arm rest (which was gray). Who put that parts bin together? And who installed it that way? It was replaced under warranty, but very weird it got through that way.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:11 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a week 39 with a AH, and believe me I will notify my MA to be on the lookout. I will not accept the lighter colored HL--A is much classier IMO--nor will I order a new car (and wait 3 more months?), for my dealer has major super parts replacement powers.

hopefully VDCs can catch this before they get released. >sigh< now another issue to backlog the VDCs.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lurch70
so the A/B/C pillars ARE anthracite on these cars, just the headliner is not?
Okay, now I understand what you and GregDavis are asking. Sorry, I'm still learning the terminology! The A/B/C pillars and the interior roof are all the standard grey. My Clubman was built as if I had never included the anthracite headliner option in my configuration. The standard grey A pillar is visible in my sig pic.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tancred
Okay, now I understand what you and GregDavis are asking. Sorry, I'm still learning the terminology! The A/B/C pillars and the interior roof are all the standard grey. My Clubman was built as if I had never included the anthracite headliner option in my configuration. The standard grey A pillar is visible in my sig pic.
that means its not just the headliner that needs to be replaced ... but all the pillars as well.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
If my car is affected (I guess I will find out from my MA tomorrow when it gets to the dealership) I will take a wait and see approach. The Anthracite HL was an option I waffled about quite a bit so I will have to see if I like it enough without it to keep it, or have them replace it. There is no chance I would refuse the order and wait all this time again. That just isn't gonna happen. What a hassle for the dealers! I imagine they are not to happy having to sort all this out. As for the actual replacement, I think it is not that difficult to accomplish, it just sounds like it would be. I wouldn't be nervous about the service dept. at my dealership doing it, but I would be darned sure I was happy with the job they did.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:39 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Our Clubman was a week 38 build with the wrong headliner, so it looks like weeks 36,37,& 38! The car is still at the VDC, but the MA says the anthracite pillar covers are on national back order. Our choices are: take the car like it is, reorder, or take it and get the headliner replacement later minus the $250 option charge. I think there should be a standard and consistent incentive for us to take it like it is (with no replacement).

Old 10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
irwinkm
Neutral
Add me to the list, I posted about mine a few weeks ago in my introduction, hopefully it will be fixed soon, since I'm in Germany I shouldn't have to wait too long.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Im soo glad I didnt have that issue... my dealer stuggles to replace the passenger side door sill trim correctly.. ( the silver trim that says cooper s ... clubman ) Its just a adhesive strip for goodness sakes....stuck on... been there 2 times, still not fixed. and dont get me going on the chrome window strip on the 1/2 door they put on crooked..aaaaarrgggggggg

Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
After just talking to my MA, he expects my week 40 build to also arrive without the ordered Anthrecite headliner. He said the company had issued a statement to them about the problem, but had not listed a method to resolve it (other than the obvious.) The said the worst thing was that they had been removing the headliner from the build sheet, so no one at the factory, at the docks, of at the VDC knows that the car even has a problem. Then, upon arrival at the dealer... SURPRISE!

What happened MINI?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
NJ Clubman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LordRybo
After just talking to my MA, he expects my week 40 build to also arrive without the ordered Anthrecite headliner. He said the company had issued a statement to them about the problem, but had not listed a method to resolve it (other than the obvious.) The said the worst thing was that they had been removing the headliner from the build sheet, so no one at the factory, at the docks, of at the VDC knows that the car even has a problem. Then, upon arrival at the dealer... SURPRISE!

What happened MINI?
That is outrageous. No offense, but I hope your MA heard wrong. If that is true, it is indefensibly poor customer service.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
The latest on my car is that the headliner mysteriously dissapeared from the window sticker on the car. My MA has not gotten to see the car personally yet, but I am pretty sure that the Anthracite will be missing, especially if it is no longer on the paperwork for the car....I am not going to freak out though. I am confident it will be resolved to my satisfaction one way or another. I am taking delivery on Thursday and even with this glitch, I am so excited I could burst.

I know it is a big dissapointment for many that their car isn't exactly as they ordered it, and yes I am dissapointed, but I figure there is always a solution to problems like this, so I am not going to get too worked up over it.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
Someone at the factory: "We've run out of Anthracite Headliners. Should we delay production until more supplies arrive? What should we do?"

MINI: "What Headliners?"

Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Jumboshrimp,

Would you let us know what happens? If you keep it as it is are you going to ask for some concession? If so what do you have in mind? Someone on this thread mentioned a $250 rebate from MINI.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
The latest on my car is that the headliner mysteriously dissapeared from the window sticker on the car. My MA has not gotten to see the car personally yet, but I am pretty sure that the Anthracite will be missing, especially if it is no longer on the paperwork for the car....I am not going to freak out though. I am confident it will be resolved to my satisfaction one way or another. I am taking delivery on Thursday and even with this glitch, I am so excited I could burst.

I know it is a big dissapointment for many that their car isn't exactly as they ordered it, and yes I am dissapointed, but I figure there is always a solution to problems like this, so I am not going to get too worked up over it.
Jumboshrimp I sure admire your understanding nature. I'm going to be a bit more than disappointed if mine comes without it. Mine has been sitting at the dock waiting to catch a boat for 5 days and still has 6 more days. If it doesn't have it, I wish that they could put it back on the rail to have it done properly. I agree that this is something that should have been communicated to people before they pick their car up. Bummer! Congrats on the arrival though Jumboshrimp -- I bet it looks beautiful!!

ps: Although I know the OL has been hit and miss with showing the cars' options. Mine is currently showing everything EXCEPT the anthracite headliner and the roof rails. If it comes without the roof rails I will not be accepting it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just an online error and not a real one.

Last edited by Coopdy; 10-07-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added ps
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
I dont think i would let them change my headliner, I would order a new car...
Sales manager was telling me there is a whole list of things there not supossed to order. So I guess it comes down to waiting for a few parts or 6 months for a car. Somthing has broken down in the ordering dept or the suppliers cant keep up with the current demand. I guess MINI is operating on the idea that if you dont accept the car someone else will.

Last edited by Mr Ray; 10-09-2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Correction Config OK
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Can you be a bit more specific? You're saying that if one configures a MINI that certain things are missing on the configurator - as in they say - certain options are not available?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM
ebh
2nd Gear
Man, this really sucks for you guys. Can't believe MINI would drop the ball like this. Mine was a Week 33 2008 that I recently took delivery of, and I absolutely love the anthracite. It really ties the car together, to misquote The Dude. I hope the pillars headliners come soon and it is an easy install for everyone.

Quick Reply: R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin