R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Otra
Can you be a bit more specific? You're saying that if one configures a MINI that certain things are missing on the configurator - as in they say - certain options are not available?
my error

Last edited by Mr Ray; 10-09-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ebh
Man, this really sucks for you guys. Can't believe MINI would drop the ball like this. Mine was a Week 33 2008 that I recently took delivery of, and I absolutely love the anthracite. It really ties the car together, to misquote The Dude. I hope the pillars headliners come soon and it is an easy install for everyone.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in! But you've nailed why I'm trying the replacement route. If the factory is running out of other bits and pieces, though, our weeks may have gotten off lightly by just missing our anthracite headliners! (Pun not intended.) Earlier I'd wondered why they hadn't just held our cars from production, but as the shortage goes on it's clear that wouldn't have been a viable solution after all. This could take a while to resolve. So like jumboshrimp says, I'm not going to stress about it, I'm just going to enjoy my Clubman until the headliner comes in. And if it doesn't, I'll still love my wonderful car.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Any others missing the anthracite headliner/pillars? I'm trying to confirm with my MA whether it will be in my car as the OL no longer shows it there...I'm wondering how many cars were affected. Are all the Week 36, 37, 38'ers affected thus far? I am a Week 39er and I don't believe that any of these have been rec'd.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
Yep the only leather seats avaliable are the tusan ones, black leaterett black cloth, no roof rails, dash panels are limited, steering wheels are missing a lot of options. Amazzing that the Anthracite Headliners are still listed
Correction.

Sorrry about that the things are still in the configurator computer error on my part. How ever it was told to me by the dealer they were having trouble getting some options ( mostly on certain seats) because of shortages ,

Old 10-09-2008, 04:25 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the thread made it onto Motoringfile.com
http://www.motoringfile.com/2008/10/...iner-shortage/

the photo there begs the question to the ones with the issue.
did your sunvisors arrive in anthracite?

the anthracite headliner package should have:
- the actual headliner
- a/b/c pillars
- 3 sun visors

all in anthracite!

Old 10-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Thank you, Mr. Ray.

Lurch, you snuck in there and posted just as I was - now I'm over to Motoringfile!

On a completely different note, I am still amazed at how long your Clubman was held in "custody" at the VDC! You get the award for keeping the faith.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 AM
srahaim
2nd Gear
My MINI arrived with the full standard liner. The MA said it wasn't a case of a partial build (i.e., some anthracite parts and not others). And thank goodness for that. A mix of standard and anthracite might look pretty ugly.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
I just picked mine up this morning and mine has the standard headliner. That said, I really don't mind it at all. I have left it open to have it replaced if parts become available, but I am not sure I will. I have a while to think about it anyway. I'll have pics in my gallery momentarily...once I figure out how that works!

BTW- Absolutely LOVE the car!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Post one on the "Show Us Your" thread, too, please? There are so few Night Fire Reds on here and I know that the Clubman Flickr Pool wants yours, too: ww.flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/

Saw a very cute MINI Cooper in Night Fire Red early today, zipping along as I was walking my dog.

P.S. And Congratssssss! NEMINI wants to see your new baby, too!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
liliB
1st Gear
My clubman is still on the other iside of the atlantic and it also is missing the anthracite liner. Got a call yesterday. I decided to take it as is. Have waited as long as I care to.
I thought it would be cool but not an item I cannot live without. So they are obviously are reducing the price to reflect the lack of the item.
lili

Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
soooo... is this Clubman orders only? have not found a suitable answer.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
liliB,

Are they doing more than just taking off the $250? Ours should be in any day; trying to figure out what to do.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
liliB
1st Gear
the MA asked me if I wanted to re-order and I said no, so they just took off the fee. Am not sure if any of the panels are in anthracite--it is just missing from the spec sheet altogether. Am hoping I can get get them to throw in floor mats etc.
But to be direct--so far--just the deduction
Lili

Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
We were thinking of asking for the floor mats and cargo mat for free if the wife can "live with it the way it is". Or something like that; still not sure what to do. We were on the fence about the light gray or anthracite in the first place. Our Cooper headliner is light gray and it's fine, but I worry a little about it being so light and showing dirty spots. It's 4 years old and has one barely visible spot that no one else would notice. I think it may have even been there when we bought the car.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
soooo... is this Clubman orders only? have not found a suitable answer.
Here you go: http://www.motoringfile.com/2008/10/...iner-shortage/ - a great site, if you're not familiar with it. And no, it is not just for the Clubman but also effects the coupe.

Please don't think of the floor mats as an exchange for not getting your order delivered correctly due to MINI's shortage. Many are given the floor mats gratis by their dealers. You'll get your $ off, for sure, but perhaps there is something else you've been thinking about? I highly recommend the boot mat for one thing... Or perhaps a gift certificate towards some items of your choice after you get to know your MINI better?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:41 PM
tancred
4th Gear
You'll get your $ off, for sure, but perhaps there is something else you've been thinking about? I highly recommend the boot mat for one thing... Or perhaps a gift certificate towards some items of your choice after you get to know your MINI better?
Otra, you think like me! If I end up having to take the refund rather than the headliner, heaven forbid that I should take the $250 check and sock it away, even these days. No, hmm, what can I buy for my MINI with that??

Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Gumpper
Neutral
Have to admit that I am very disappointed in Mini's handling of this matter. I picked my Clubman S up today and, of course, no anthracite headliner. No advance notice from Mini or my MA. In fact, I had to point it out to my MA. I was told my choices were either to take the car as is and not pay for the anthracite headliner, or they would charge me for the headliner and put it in when the parts arrived. No apologies, no free floor mats, no nothing! Not the kind of treatment I expected from Mini.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I'm sorry Gumpper, MINI is really dropping the ball on this one and the customer service at your dealer's is disappointing. For a day that should be filled with excitement and utter joy to drive away having some reservations isn't what MINI promotes. I know that driving it will imbue more joy, but bad MINI, bad MINI.

My MA is on vacation so I am working with another MA and so far he has been unable to confirm if my Clubman sitting at the dock in Southhampton has the Anthracite or the roof rails...argh...I hope that I am worrying unnecessarily (both items have dropped off the OL details) but it would be nice for a MA to be able to confirm the build specs.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here you go: http://www.motoringfile.com/2008/10/...iner-shortage/ - a great site, if you're not familiar with it. And no, it is not just for the Clubman but also effects the coupe.
I saw nothing in that "article" that says coupes are also affected, just "Clubman." Im going to my dealer today to do the draft purchase contract and will inquire, but the last I looked on the OL the AH was still on the board for my W39 build coupe.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Otra
6th Gear
You're correct - it appears that I misread the site in my hurry "Sections: Accessories | R55 (Clubman) | R56 (Coupe) | Recalls/Campaigns | Sales Oct 9th, 2008" - mea culpa!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Our Clubman is at the dealer. If we decide to keep the light gray headliner, they will of course remove the $250 option charge, plus let us have an additional $250 worth of accessories. Sounds like a fair deal to me. We are getting the floor mats and cargo mat anyway ($183) so that would leave $67 for other goodies. We will pick it up Monday and decide when we see it.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
I just got the offer to have the $250 deducted but no "sorry for the inconvenience" spiff...I would have loved some floor mats....

Old 10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
I look at it this way as an MA - your car is in and looks great regardless - if you choose to wait for another order slot - it could take several months. They could've delayed the car several more weeks until the anthracite headliners are produced by the supplier.

IMHO - Anthracite is a great option for a Clubby configured without a sunroof - less valuable with a full sunroof in the car.

Good luck to all that have suffered the inconvenience - I am sure MINI will do right for you.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:15 AM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
From the forum traffic I can not tell if there are No AH comming through, or if the missing AH is more random. Has anyone in the affected production weeks gotted the AH they ordered? ajm

Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
maacodale
4th Gear
My Clubman S was in the paint shop at Plant Oxford yesterday. After reading all this I'm glad I didn't opt for the anthracite headliner. Hope they get y'all fixed up as quick as possible.

Quick Reply: R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin