R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Gumpper.

I just curious, but how much was the total cost of the chrome scoop? Was there a dealer install charge?

I bought mine aftermarket from Classic MINI in Ohio and installed it myself. Very simple. The cost from Classic was about $80.00, with the NAM discount, if I remember. Once the scoops are back in stock, you might want to contact them. There is another thread here with step-by-step instructions.

Plus, I have my stock one in a box in case I encounter the "melting scoop" problem down the road. I had my clear bra installed with the stock one on the car, so it is also protected. (the stuff doesn't stick to a chromed surface)

Rich

Old 11-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Well, my MINI hits the dealer's tomorrow! The roof rails have been confirmed to be on the car, though it is missing the headliner. My MA said that he had already ordered the headliner for it and that it should be in the first part of the week and then will be ready for pickup next Friday. The time line works for me since I have to be studying for an exam Friday morning and otherwise I'd be out motoring .

My MA said that they are installing another headliner right now and mine will be the second one (so they'll have a little experience). Can't wait to pick her up!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Excellent!!! Post those photos and add them to the Clubman Flickr pool, too: http://www.flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/

Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 AM
richs10
5th Gear
That's good to hear, Coopdy!

Roof rails......mmmmm!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks Otra and richs10. MA sent photos and I really like the roof rails.

So.....the AH will NOT be installed by Friday as according to my MA they are still on back order. Has anyone had the retrofit done already?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Nope, still waiting, too. So how did that other guy at your dealership get one? Not fair!! Nonetheless, enjoy your Clubman!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Nope, still waiting, too. So how did that other guy at your dealership get one? Not fair!! Nonetheless, enjoy your Clubman!
Yeah, I'm not so sure how that happened or if in fact it did. Maybe my MA was mistaken as he also thought he'd be able to have the headliner in for me early this week so we delayed the pickup. He did not know of the national backorder that I told him about.

Everyone holding out for the AH please post when you have the retrofit done and how it went, thanks!! I'm worried that not all the parts will be swapped out...

Old 11-11-2008, 03:51 AM
mdot
2nd Gear
Is there a diference in back order for those with sun roofs vs those with "solid" roofs?
I assume they are diferent part numbers.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mdot
Is there a diference in back order for those with sun roofs vs those with "solid" roofs?
I assume they are diferent part numbers.
Seems reasonable. Has anyone's MA been able to confirm when theirs might be delivered? Also, are all of us who are missing the AH ones who purchased sunroofs?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
tancred
4th Gear
I keep hearing "in a couple of weeks" every couple of weeks. I do not have a sunroof.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
irwinkm
Neutral
an update on my headliner

I dropped my Clubbie off at Stuttgart Mini last night for the new headliner, should have back in a day or two. They said they got the parts in late last week.

On two side notes, I'm getting the factory rack, and my car is a 2009 built after September 1st, it has the perforations in the rubber, and the dealer said it could be installed. I had been reading the threads and it seemed as if 2009 could only use the roof rails, could this be a MINI North America decision?

Also, don't be sad about the lack of the diesel in the U.S., they gave me one as a loaner and I'm not impressed, it can't get out of its own way and it feels as if there are lead ballasts attached to the front of the car. Might be great for fuel economy, but detracts from the shear pleasure of driving a MINI. But thats just my opinion, your results my vary.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
irwinkm, dropping your Mini off in Stuttgart, Germany? So I have to ask, are you an American living in Germany or a German that speaks English real well? I grew up in Germany and my husband just came back from Frankfurt, could believe the pictures of all the Minis he took. They seem to be everywhere.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
irwinkm
Neutral
An American living in Germany.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks for the update irwinkm and tancred. Has the retrofit been completed irwinkm? Are you happy with the results? Thanks!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM
irwinkm
Neutral
I stopped at the dealer this evening, the headliner is complete, looked much much better than the grey.

I will inspect it further when I pick it up tomorrow, only waiting for the roof rack, which will be in the morning.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Originally Posted by irwinkm
On two side notes, I'm getting the factory rack, and my car is a 2009 built after September 1st, it has the perforations in the rubber, and the dealer said it could be installed. I had been reading the threads and it seemed as if 2009 could only use the roof rails, could this be a MINI North America decision?
No - though I know the threads can be confusing, the 2009s can use either the roof rack base (that you can take off or put on) or have the factory roof rails.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 AM
mdot
2nd Gear
Since my clubbie is still floating accross the pond, I had my MA check the build plan. Hs says it says the AH is installed.
Can anyone attest to the acuracy of the build plans?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 AM
CJP
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
4 reject the BMW products and purchase that bright red Kia
...but then you'd be driving a Kia

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by CJP
...but then you'd be driving a Kia
/shivers

I think Joe did the right thing, and hope he's happy. I'm still mad at him for preying on my dylsexia, however.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
Got an email from MA today, they've got all the black headliner parts for my Clubman and I'm scheduled to have it swapped out the first week of December (they're located 3 hours from me, needed to work around the Thanksgiving). The service adviser told me they should only need about 5 hours to swap it out.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by joshpuetz
Got an email from MA today, they've got all the black headliner parts for my Clubman and I'm scheduled to have it swapped out the first week of December (they're located 3 hours from me, needed to work around the Thanksgiving). The service adviser told me they should only need about 5 hours to swap it out.
That's great! I picked up my MINI on Friday and as we all knew the headliner was missing but my MA said that they would of course replace it. He showed me all the parts that were part of this even including the grey pieces on the handbreak! They have A LOT of little parts to replace! It really is a big job.

BTW...LOVE THE MINI!!!! I had so much fun driving it this weekend -- put in over 500 miles!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
He showed me all the parts that were part of this even including the grey pieces on the handbreak!
Egads, I just installed my Redline shift boots (CR/B, of course!) yesterday. The e-brake boot is strapped to the grey part of the handle. Now they're going to have to dismantle it all. On the other hand, it'll look even sweeter with the dark handle!

It was "love the MINI" weekend: installed the shift boots, Whalen shift ****, and Cocomats (guess which colors?) yesterday, Mystique bath + Hydro today. What a pretty baby.

Given all the red & black going on in the interior, I hope it's clear why I've been holding out so stubbornly for the anthracite headliner!

Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
Egads, I just installed my Redline shift boots (CR/B, of course!) yesterday. The e-brake boot is strapped to the grey part of the handle. Now they're going to have to dismantle it all. On the other hand, it'll look even sweeter with the dark handle!

It was "love the MINI" weekend: installed the shift boots, Whalen shift ****, and Cocomats (guess which colors?) yesterday, Mystique bath + Hydro today. What a pretty baby.

Given all the red & black going on in the interior, I hope it's clear why I've been holding out so stubbornly for the anthracite headliner!
How do you like the Whalen shift ****, I like them but was worried about how cold it could get. Not that it really gets cold out here in SoCal.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rasputinj
How do you like the Whalen shift ****, I like them but was worried about how cold it could get. Not that it really gets cold out here in SoCal.
Absolutely love it! Easily my best aftermarket purchase thus far. It's a heavy little sucker, and it really does make a difference in the feel of the shift -- ultra smooth. And even though mine is rather simple compared to some of Doug's masterpieces -- I "just" have brushed metal with the MINI wings -- it looks soooo snazzy. It does get a bit cold in the 30 degree weather we've been having already and it will get hot in the 100+ degree summers. I'm thinking of getting a little cover for it. I wonder if they come in CR/B? I may have to knit one.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:28 AM
tancred
4th Gear
*bump* because apparently another week's worth of Clubmen are arriving without the AH.

Quick Reply: R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin