R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 AM
IcedogSVL
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet...

Picked up mine October 4th...have heard nothing. Check with the dealer last week and was told still on "national backorder".

Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by IcedogSVL
Picked up mine October 4th...have heard nothing. Check with the dealer last week and was told still on "national backorder".
Me too - Week 37 build and the MA does not even call back anymore. Funny thing is that they have several new R-55's in unsold inventory with AH. So where are those parts coming from?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
This is just a guess, but I'll bet the supplier of one of the parts is having a hard time catching up with demand...if supply is limited, they would devote it to current production to avoid any more unpleasantly surprised customers. When production needs are met, and inventories along the supply chain are satisfied, we'll see availability at the dealerships.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 AM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bugeye1031
This is just a guess, but I'll bet the supplier of one of the parts is having a hard time catching up with demand...if supply is limited, they would devote it to current production to avoid any more unpleasantly surprised customers. When production needs are met, and inventories along the supply chain are satisfied, we'll see availability at the dealerships.
I feel their pain but they have had four - thats FOUR - months to 'catch up'. And now in Oxford they are idling down for an extended layoff/holiday.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I just rec'd a call today from the Service Manager and he said that he now had all the parts in. I'm gone for the holidays and will have it done in the new year. I'll post pics (before and after) when I do.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
saw my ma today when i was at the dealership to pick up some rubber floor mats and valve stem caps...apparently mini sent a bulletin last week to the dealership claiming the anthracite headliners are fully in stock, but the plastic pillar/trim pieces are not. ma said in a couple of weeks everything should be in stock and then we could schedule something. ma said only 30 cars in usa were impacted by this...? that doesn't sound right, does it?

chrome scoop is still on backorder as well. 300 usa cars impacted by that "national backorder", and no eta for when they will become available.

something tells me no one is working real hard to get these issues resolved...

Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
srahaim
2nd Gear
If you count up the MINI folks affected on this thread alone you"ll probably get to 30. Add in the lurkers and the fact that maybe 10% of MINI folks even know about NAM (and thus aren't in a position to post here), and it would seem to be way more than 30, maybe a couple hundred.

Still waiting for my call from the MA...

Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Need to update my earlier post that I got the call that all was ready. When I called to make the appointment, I was told that some of the parts they received were incorrect and the correct parts have been ordered but are currently in Germany so it will take a couple weeks. Glad I'm not waiting on something that makes the car actually run...sigh.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
The last time I talked to my dealer they had all of the parts for my AH in-stock, except for the actual headliner itself. Sigh... yet another day of forcing myself not to look up.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:52 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear people are still waiting.....

We had opted for the refund and our dealer threw in some spiffs to make it easy. I still have no regrets and don't miss the AH (just used to Lola the way she is I guess). MINI corporate has told me there would also be some gifties on their end for the mishap, but we have not seen anything from them. I need to give them a little poke. Hope all of you waiting on parts get them soon.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Headliner installed earlier this month. I'm on my third return visit for quality issues. This trip is to get the handsfree mic working. Bluetooth package not much use with out that.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Sorry to hear about your quality issues. Have to say that with my 2009, I have not had any issues.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
IcedogSVL
1st Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
Headliner installed earlier this month. I'm on my third return visit for quality issues. This trip is to get the handsfree mic working. Bluetooth package not much use with out that.

Almost 4 months and counting! Picked up 10/4 from Mini of the Main Line...still no headliner phone call...guess there are no rules about the "We Owe You" slip hanging open forever? Kind of a joke now....

Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
icedogSVL - Start calling '1-800 ask-mini' regularly. Nothing seemed to be happening until I got more - assertive.
PS All - My Bluetooth - voice command was solved on trip #3. It seems the headliner installer did not remove and exchange the Mic from the silver parts. As always seems the case - the Mic is not in Parts inventory. The Service person saved me a forth trip by 'borrowing' a mic from an inventory car. While they were installing the borrowed Mic I asked that the mic be installed on the American drivers side. The Mic fits either side with no changes and no drama.

Last edited by moe-jiller; 01-29-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 02-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Just rec'd call from my dealers and they say all parts are finally at their facility. I know that they have done one before mine (not sure if more); I wonder if I should wait for them to have a bit more experience with it? Things are good with the car (one squeak needs fixing) and I don't want to have to make additional trips to fix things afterward...

Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
moe-jiller, were all three trips/quality issues related to the headliner exchange?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Well, I made an appointment for next Friday 2/20 and will let everyone know how it goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
moe-jiller, were all three trips/quality issues related to the headliner exchange?
Yes Some wrong color parts re-installed, and Voice / Mic issues.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:11 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Well, I made an appointment for next Friday 2/20 and will let everyone know how it goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.
While they have it it would be a good time to ask for the Voice Mic to be switched to the North American drivers side, if your car is so equiped.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:19 AM
IcedogSVL
1st Gear
Good luck! Hope all goes well with the install...keep us informed.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks and good idea about the mic switch. I've had laryngitis for a month and any way to speak softer is good with me.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Job done . I dropped the car off yesterday and got a loaner for a day. Picked it up tonight and it looks great! It's quite a difference and I will have to get used to it, even more dramatic than I thought it would be.

They did a great job and I found no defects. They are waiting for two of the rear small airbag covers and will send them to me (they are on backorder). I can bring the car in for them to do it but the pieces just pop into place so I'm happy to do it.

I mentioned that the clubdoor sticks from time to time and they did the cable reroute and then greased the squeaky seat in back and she's ready to go.

I took several pictures of the before and will take some of the after for those wanting to see a direct comparison.

Good luck to all who are waiting for their headliner!

Last edited by Coopdy; 02-21-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added "I"
Old 02-22-2009, 05:50 AM
IcedogSVL
1st Gear
Great news! I was REALLY hoping you would come back with a report like that! A few weeks ago, I went back to the dealer (had a nail in my tire, glad I bought the Warranty) and reminded them I was still waiting for the headliner.

I was told by the Service guy: "Really? I didn't realize we owed anyone that, everyone else took their $250 back instead of waiting".

Needless to say, I was a bit peeved they were not "actively" working on it. Also wondered if everyone else knew something I didn't....like it was not really an important option?

Found my MA who was working that day, told her of the situation (actually she asked first if "I ever got the headliner fixed"...she was surprised as well that no one else was waiting. She said, "it really makes a big difference and that I would be really happy I waited"...

So your report makes me feel much better...looking forward to the Pics...

Thanks for the update!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I'll post the pics tonight. I tried to recreate the exact setting (parked in the same location and it was actually sunny both days) to show the comparison.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Sorry some of the after pictures are in slightly darker lighting than the before pics, but it gives you the idea.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/gallery/data/2981/thumbs/815.jpg

Quick Reply: R55 2009 MINI Mis-build Bulletin