R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Prost
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack

Here are several pictures of my PW/PW Clubman with OEM Base rack and OEM Fork Mount Bike Rack:

Should I add Fairing for my rack systems?

Last edited by Prost; 10-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Prost
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Prost
Should I add Fairing for my rack systems?
Anyone know what size (length) of a fairing would fit MINI?

Last edited by Prost; 10-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks for the pictures of the rack on your Clubman! It is helpful and it looks great too.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like that plate... very unique

Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 PM
minimarine
2nd Gear
An alternate set-up

I thought I'd post some of my photos of my factory rack and a Hollywood Buzz bike rack. Special thanks to joshknot for suggesting such an awesome bike rack.

A close-up of the rack itself. There's actually a bag that can go in the center (between the bikes) to carry extra gear.

With my green monster...

Attached Thumbnails My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack-img_5200.jpg   My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack-img_5201.jpg   My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack-img_5204.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
minimarine
2nd Gear
A couple more...

A better look with the bike installed:

And perhaps the most important accessory of all... It is my garage/bike protection device. It's not idiot-proof, but has worked so far.

I can't speak highly enough about this bike rack. It fit on the factory bars (which are great, by the way) with no additional tools or parts and I can take the rack on and off in about 2 minutes (tops). It might look a little different than most racks, but it is so incredibly functional and easy to use.

I know it might sound strange, but I've come to like the look of the factory cross bars a lot.

Attached Thumbnails My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack-img_5205.jpg   My PW/PW MINI Clubman with OEM base rack and fork mount bike rack-photo.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Jeremy Brooks
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minimarine
A better look with the bike installed:

So the front wheels end up in the vehicle? That seems like a hassle. Are there any racks that allow you to keep the wheels on the rack as well?

Old 02-02-2012, 02:47 PM
minimarine
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy Brooks
So the front wheels end up in the vehicle? That seems like a hassle. Are there any racks that allow you to keep the wheels on the rack as well?
Exactly. Racks like this are far more stable and easy to load and unload. My wheel fits perfectly in the boot (my skewer can hook right into the boot cover when I slide it forward one notch).

There are racks that hold the entire bike on there with both wheels if that's your thing. MINI even makes one that I think rotates so it's not so hard to get the bike up on the roof (which is another downside to keeping both wheels on).

I suppose if you are riding a mountain bike through the mud it might be preferable, but how hard is it to take your front wheel off?

Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Jeremy Brooks
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minimarine
Exactly. Racks like this are far more stable and easy to load and unload. My wheel fits perfectly in the boot (my skewer can hook right into the boot cover when I slide it forward one notch).

There are racks that hold the entire bike on there with both wheels if that's your thing. MINI even makes one that I think rotates so it's not so hard to get the bike up on the roof (which is another downside to keeping both wheels on).

I suppose if you are riding a mountain bike through the mud it might be preferable, but how hard is it to take your front wheel off?
It's not difficult to take a front wheel off. The issue is that two front wheels take up a huge chunk of the available cargo area, leaving little space for luggage.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
minimarine
2nd Gear
You might want to look into ones that mount with the front wheel off and then have a small wheel holder that mounts right next to it (or is part of the rack itself) so it is all up on your roof then. I know I've seen them, I just don't have any links or product names for you.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Looks great guys! As a former Clubman owner, I approve of your racks!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
WildMini
2nd Gear
As someone who will be buying the factory bars and then a bike rack (not sure if factoy or not yet) these pictures have been invaluable. I plan to look for a rack that will allow me attach at the fork mount and store my mountain bike wheel outside of the car. I'm so looking forward to the snow melting.... In about 2 months....