R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Driving lights...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving lights...

OK, when I first had the car the driving lights (those little lights above the fog's) were always on when driving. Now they only turn on when the headlights are on at night.
What did I do & how can I get them back on (always) during the day?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I do not remember the exact unction to hit on the stalk but if you look under Day Time Running Lights in the manual it will tell you how to set it.

One thing you may want to check is that you are not using the second key as this is a function that i believe is saved in the key fob.

One key may be programed for day running and the other may not.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 AM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
Setting daytime running lights.

The directions to set the daytime running lights start on page 68 of the owner's manual. Also, as Schatzy mentioned, each key fob stores it's own customization settings, so two people can have their own preferences.

Last edited by djmcgill; 03-07-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:41 AM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
One thing you may want to check is that you are not using the second key as this is a function that i believe is saved in the key fob.

One key may be programed for day running and the other may not.
cool thanks, I didnt know each key fob was like that. I will give it a shot.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
OK, when I first had the car the driving lights (those little lights above the fog's) were always on when driving. Now they only turn on when the headlights are on at night.
What did I do & how can I get them back on (always) during the day?
If all you want are the "parking" lights, as far as I know, you have to turn them on. I don't know of any setting that will keep them on automatically without also having the headlights on. The DRL option can be set, but that will keep you headlights on, not just the parking lights.
I don't use the DRL option, but I frequently use the parking lights + fog lights on overcast days.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniclubman
If all you want are the "parking" lights, as far as I know, you have to turn them on. I don't know of any setting that will keep them on automatically without also having the headlights on. The DRL option can be set, but that will keep you headlights on, not just the parking lights.
I don't use the DRL option, but I frequently use the parking lights + fog lights on overcast days.
yes, I dont know how, but when I first had the car the parking lights were on all the time (without the headlights on). They also worked even though I had the headlight stalk in the "auto-turn-on" setting.

Here is what I did, I replaced those lights w/ LED's, buy the car didnt like that (they kept blinking on & off) so I took them out. Now the parking lights only turn on when the headlights are on. Oh well I can stop by the dealer and see if they can get them to work during the day now.