R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 In spirit... not yet in body!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:12 PM
OLarryR
|
3rd Gear
In spirit... not yet in body!

Hi everyone !

I jumped onto this Forum a few days ago and started posting in "1st Gear". Still checking out this whole website but seems chock full of great info and supporters ! Learned quite a bit already...like getting my production number and port location, then checking out the Mini Lounge and checking status of my order.

I ordered a Horizon Blue MCCS on 11Feb09. They had a computer network glitch that day and so that is why I did not get my production number. The next day, I recieved a call confirming my order was placed but it was not until I came to this site that I became smart enough to ask for my Production Number and get started checking things out. Looks like my order is correct and my status is "Scheduled for production", so I have the beginnings of the "M" in Mini. HB MCCS w/silver roof/trim and stripes, premium/sport/cold weather pkgs, roof rails, sport suspension and premium leather (Lounge Carbon Black).

This is first car I am getting with leather . Sweet !
I was going to get the regular leather but just for jollies I sat in both regular and premium leather seats and found that the seat side contours was slightly different for whatever reason. I felt the seat side contours with the regular leather but not with the premium...so I opted for the premium. Maybe it would have been cheaper if I just ate a few less candy bars each week...then the seat side contours would not be felt with the regular leather. Well...each person has a different bottom configuration...I guess.

Anyway...can't wait !

Old 03-07-2009 | 05:39 PM
http73
2nd Gear
Congrats OLarryR

You've made a great purchase. Now, you'll just have to wait for the I...N..I bit and then you'll have your baby.

I am up to the N..I... bit - it has been concepted but will be delivered at the end of April.

Post the pics when you get it!

cheers,
Glen

Old 03-07-2009 | 06:08 PM
OLarryR
|
3rd Gear
M I N and maybe the I Already !

Glen,

Things have moved rapidly. Well, it's more that I got into checking the MINI status late in the game so it seems like things have moved rapidly. I had checked the Lounge for the first time yesterday evening. It was in "Scheduled for Production". But I have not yet had an opportunity to call ASK MINI and talk to a live person. This morning, just 12 hours after the above Lounge status, I checked the status again and on the automated ASK MINI.. Status is now; "Awaiting Transport" ! I believe the next ship is on 10Mar and so it will probably/hopefully make it on that ship. I have to check ship status.

You indicated your MINI is coming end of April. So...you just placed your order (concepted) ?