R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Who has the most miles on the Clubman, and how are they holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM
bahollings
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just turned 13,000, purchased in August, haven't had a single problem with it (knock on wood) averaging 31.7 mpg (S).(manual transmission)

Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 PM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Roderick
I got 11 miles on mine and its holding up great!
Any car that can make it to 11 is a keeper!

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
0 miles---No issues !
I'm patiently waiting for my MCCS to clear the VDC and make it to the dealer for his prep work.

I want to thank all for this posting topic. I see quite a few of you have significant miles on your Clubman and w/no major issues. That's very encouraging. Can't wait to get mine ...I can almost smell that new car smell !

Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by Roderick
Alpha Wave..
Where is the ding?
Is it through the paint
where you can see the
silver metal? And do they need to
paint the entire panel and beyond,
so it matches?
How much do they need to paint?
Just curious.
Very edge of rear panel. The cart hit the bumper, rode up the bumper and scraped the reflector and cracked it in half, continued to scrape the corner taillight surround (plastic?), and finished it's journey on the lip of the rear panel. A 100th oz of bondo, but two paint colors and quite a bit of blending in. No estimates yet, but my deductible is $100. I'll tolerate a door ding/scratches/gravel pits/etc. on an older car...but not one only 7 months old, and still draws so much attention as Pelle does. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:14 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
That is some cart bang ! I am always leary of parking...any car in a shopping area especially near a grocery store. I do not necessarily park miles away from the stores but rather than squeeze into the one vacant space close up to the stores, I generally pick an area that has a multitude of empty spots. My wife seems to always park closer up and our Honda Odyssey has it's share of battle bruises.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 PM
OldLoad
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bump

Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
hobbs4002
2nd Gear
Im now approaching 15k miles. Car has been fine... did an oil change at 10k and it looks as if I will be doing my first mini service at 18K according to the computer...

Old 05-04-2009, 03:44 AM
ART ED
4th Gear
Karst: There are numerous threads on the valve stem issue. Basically, use only plastic ones from your mini dealer. Metal does fuse w/stem and destroys the tire senser thingy.

9,000 miles and fairly perfect. Love the care.
Replaced under warranty, club door latch and drivers side door sill. Replaced passenger side window motor. Removed spider web from headlight.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:04 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
11k today, right at 6 months of ownership.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Alphawave
Just turned 24K miles today, starting Aug. 1st.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
LarryParker
ClubRed
22600 miles and still holding its own

Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM
rdeppen
2nd Gear
33000 and no major problems or ever left me stranded. Purchased it in March of 08.

A few minor issues all dealt with under warrenty.

Melted hood scoop, window not going back up after auto venting down. ETC.

When it went in for it's 30,000 dealer service it threw a code that the secondary water pump was bad They replaced it but I was scratching my head for sure.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
tattedXB
4th Gear
posting this from my mobile phone, cool huh? lol all these "mini" problems seem to be a common thing: door hinges being replaced,melting or warping hood scoops, ect..kinda turning me away from wanting a clubman...somebody say some words of encoragement will ya? lol

thanks
jeff

Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by tattedXB
posting this from my mobile phone, cool huh? lol all these "mini" problems seem to be a common thing: door hinges being replaced,melting or warping hood scoops, ect..kinda turning me away from wanting a clubman...somebody say some words of encoragement will ya? lol

thanks
jeff
Posting from my netbook..stick with your ricer. Thanks, Al

Old 05-12-2009, 07:22 AM
tattedXB
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
Posting from my netbook..stick with your ricer. Thanks, Al
Rice=Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

My Scion xb is far from a ricer, and I don't do rice - I make fun of it, point...and usually laugh.

On another note, funny---I was in Sausalito this weekend (True story), and saw a clubman your color drive by on that main street by the water – told my girlfriend I liked the color, she did too and she finally said I could get a clubman due to seeing it. Wouldn’t it be funny if your car was the car that finally convinced my GF to let me get a clubman, and your attitude persuaded me not to?

On a serious note, I LOVE the Mini Clubmans and Really want to get one – I’m just trying to get past anything negative I have before getting one…. I just got past my gf not wanting me to get one bc of size, now I can seriously look – so how about a more helpful response, ok?

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited by tattedXB; 05-12-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Alphawave
Rice=Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

My Scion xb is far from a ricer, and I don't do rice - I make fun of it, point...and usually laugh.

On another note, funny---I was in Sausalito this weekend (True story), and saw a clubman your color drive by on that main street by the water – told my girlfriend I liked the color, she did too and she finally said I could get a clubman due to seeing it. Wouldn’t it be funny if your car was the car that finally convinced my GF to let me get a clubman, and your attitude persuaded me not to?

On a serious note, I LOVE the Mini Clubmans and Really want to get one – I’m just trying to get past anything negative I have before getting one…. I just got past my gf not wanting me to get one bc of size, now I can seriously look – so how about a more helpful response, ok?

Thanks

Jeff
See the little 'sarcasm' tongue smilie?..it means I was just ribbing you.
The hood scoop issue applies to the S turbo (naturally) and I have a Justa, which doesn't have that issue, and my door hinges are just fine. Even if I had or wanted a turbo S (I see no real need, but folks are free to do as they please..Sport Mode brings Pelle to life when I really need it!), I wouldn't let those two, relatively insignificant, issues stop me from the hours and hours of fun I can only get in my clubbie. I drive as much as 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, and have never enjoyed motoring so much.
Pelle has the roof rack nowdays, waiting for a Hobie sea kayak so Pelle can take me to a few docile bays (Richardson here at home, Tomales, Bodega,etc.) for some nature-viewing and perhaps some fishing...if you saw a rack, it was most likely me. There are two other chocolate clubmen in Sausalito, one with rack, one sans, but I can't get either owner to wave, or even smile at me...thassokay, I'll live.

edit: On a not-so-serious note: Kindly remind your girlfriend that until THE contract is signed, you firmly control your own wallet. :p
edit#2 The only other Sparkling Silver I know of in the area has the black roof/trim and is an S, and resides on the east face of Belvedere island...he has a vanity plate, but for the life of me I can't recall what it is right now. There are at least two BRG clubbies in Mill Valley, and despite side-by-side parking, have yet to see/meet the owners of either. I see and get waves from other clubbie owners on 101 and 80 almost every day...beginning to recognise and laugh and point at each other, and make silly dance gestures...(you know the one: lean sideways and bob your head with your arm out wiggling your hand, like Jerome from The Time). I'm sure xB driver do that too, though! :D

Last edited by Alphawave; 05-12-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
tattedXB
4th Gear
See the little 'sarcasm' tongue smilie?..it means I was just ribbing you.
The hood scoop issue applies to the S turbo (naturally) and I have a Justa, which doesn't have that issue, and my door hinges are just fine. Even if I had or wanted a turbo S (I see no real need, but folks are free to do as they please..Sport Mode brings Pelle to life when I really need it!), I wouldn't let those two, relatively insignificant, issues stop me from the hours and hours of fun I can only get in my clubbie. I drive as much as 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, and have never enjoyed motoring so much.
Pelle has the roof rack nowdays, waiting for a Hobie sea kayak so Pelle can take me to a few docile bays (Richardson here at home, Tomales, Bodega,etc.) for some nature-viewing and perhaps some fishing...if you saw a rack, it was most likely me. There are two other chocolate clubmen in Sausalito, one with rack, one sans, but I can't get either owner to wave, or even smile at me...thassokay, I'll live.

edit: On a not-so-serious note: Kindly remind your girlfriend that until THE contract is signed, you firmly control your own wallet. :p
Just hassling you back. :-P

Yeah it had the horizontal racks, looked good man. Small world huh? I'm 32, but been with my gf for 4 1/2 years so shes SORTA like my wife. Seeing your car is what finally made her cave and say I could get one, lol so uh...if they had an icon for a guy holding up a beer, i'd post that here!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Alphawave
Just hassling you back. :-P

Yeah it had the horizontal racks, looked good man. Small world huh? I'm 32, but been with my gf for 4 1/2 years so shes SORTA like my wife. Seeing your car is what finally made her cave and say I could get one, lol so uh...if they had an icon for a guy holding up a beer, i'd post that here!
Make mine a Lagunitas IPA! Was there a hot chick with me? My wife is brunette, my GF blond? j/k...seriously, dear...J/K! It does amaze me how many tourists in Sausalito still rubberneck to look at Pelle...I mean there are por-sheez, furr-areez, and mozza-rod-eez, and yet people strain themselves along Bridgeway to watch me motor by. I think I might have sold a few, and MINI owes me a commision!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM
tattedXB
4th Gear
haha, IPA sounds good to me - and you got it. :-P

I didnt see who was driving, just looked at the car. haha, of course I look at all clubmans I see. Not that yours wasn't nice. :-P, saw a classic jaguar though in front of the diner across the street.... but eh, i still prefer the clubman

Old 05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Alphawave
haha, IPA sounds good to me - and you got it. :-P

I didnt see who was driving, just looked at the car. haha, of course I look at all clubmans I see. Not that yours wasn't nice. :-P, saw a classic jaguar though in front of the diner across the street.... but eh, i still prefer the clubman
MINI is british in all the good ways, unlike Jaguar. All the 'beautiful people' and their *******-replacement wheels dine/park at Poggio, so if you're a car enthusiast, park your *** on the bench across the street after grabbing a greaseburger at Bridgeway burger and watch the car and breast-augmentation show...I've even seen them point and smile at Pelle whizzing by.
Go test-drive one...the guys at East Bay MINI are no pressure, patient folks as I witnessed when I went there for service (I got mine through a broker). Take the GF with you...since you will be fighting for driver-seat time, may as well practice before performing!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
tattedXB
4th Gear
MINI is british in all the good ways, unlike Jaguar. All the 'beautiful people' and their *******-replacement wheels dine/park at Poggio, so if you're a car enthusiast, park your *** on the bench across the street after grabbing a greaseburger at Bridgeway burger and watch the car and breast-augmentation show...I've even seen them point and smile at Pelle whizzing by.
Go test-drive one...the guys at East Bay MINI are no pressure, patient folks as I witnessed when I went there for service (I got mine through a broker). Take the GF with you...since you will be fighting for driver-seat time, may as well practice before performing!
haha yeah, it was poggio. had breakfast there. old dude parked his car there (i was going along side him on the freeway most of the way from tiburon). He parked it in the street, sat inside eating, and just watched the 100 people that walked by gawking at it, taking pictures, etc. I'm sure he loved it, but seemed like he had nothing better to do.

Oh, I live in OC, I was just in Tiburon/Bay Area on business - the east bay might be a bit of a drive, but i'll find one locally. :-)

Thanks

Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Cooler
Neutral
I picked mine up last Saturday 5/9/09. Have 125 miles and runs great!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Alphawave
haha yeah, it was poggio. had breakfast there. old dude parked his car there (i was going along side him on the freeway most of the way from tiburon). He parked it in the street, sat inside eating, and just watched the 100 people that walked by gawking at it, taking pictures, etc. I'm sure he loved it, but seemed like he had nothing better to do.

Oh, I live in OC, I was just in Tiburon/Bay Area on business - the east bay might be a bit of a drive, but i'll find one locally. :-)

Thanks
Yep...Poggio is a scene for those wanting to be seen. You wanna see South Bay Mini..they were Pelle's godparents, selling at MSRP when no one else on the left coast was. And they gave me perks like the folding bin and other goo regularly mentioned.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM
JohnJohn
4th Gear
1,223 run like new

Old 05-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Copywrites
3rd Gear
One year and 12K on my Justa. Kept it stored for the Boston winter, saw flurries at the most. Only issues have been the stuck Clubman door, and a driver window dipper issue. Otherwise great. 34+ mpg average to date. Took it on 1100 mile and 800 mile trips and loved every mile. Even a year later, it is still a head turner. Thinking seriously of replacing my Element with another Mini.

Quick Reply: R55 Who has the most miles on the Clubman, and how are they holding up?