R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 In Production

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009 | 07:54 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
In Production

Grrrrrrrrrrr, so what do you guys do to pass the 5 weeks or so once your clubby is being built, until you receive it? LOL

Freaking A, normally 5 weeks or so goes by fast, but each DAY is justs dragggggggggginnggggggggggggggg onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 07-08-2009 | 09:08 PM
bottomfeeder1
2nd Gear
My technique was to try to ignore all things MINI as much as possible. It's been tough, but I take delivery in about 1 1/2 weeks & this technique has served me pretty well.

Old 07-08-2009 | 09:09 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bottomfeeder1
My technique was to try to ignore all things MINI as much as possible. It's been tough, but I take delivery in about 1 1/2 weeks & this technique has served me pretty well.
You're on this forum, so it's obviously not working for you.

Congrats on your purchase btw, what you getting exactly?

Old 07-08-2009 | 09:24 PM
bottomfeeder1
2nd Gear
Yeah, I still spend some time here, just to fuel the flame - a little!

Getting an MCS, sport, cold weather & premium packages, zenons, Hi Fi, driving lamps etc., etc.

Old 07-09-2009 | 05:55 AM
lashepherd
1st Gear
I passed the time by borrowing someone's owner's manual and learning all of the hidden gems before getting the car. There are also a bunch of videos on YouTube that'll keep you occupied for awhile. It goes without saying, watching The Italian Job is another good way to pass the time. My favorite is to take a couple more test drives.

Last edited by lashepherd; 07-09-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2009 | 06:14 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
i keep going to local used car lots and test drive other models. I was able to keep one for a whole day, that was fun. They gave me free gas to go play.

Old 07-09-2009 | 09:39 AM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Let's see, lay a checkerboard floor in the garage (baby's room). Repaint the baby's room. Stock up on wipes and diapers. Make out your christmas, birthday lists for the new baby, hang out in the detailing 101 section. Install a lift in the baby's room so your "other" kid doesn't have to live outside.

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:15 PM
NealK
1st Gear
I just heard we start production next week. Yep, the wait is a killer.

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:36 PM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
I checked every day, immersed myself here, and occasionally had to lock myself in a closet and yell "eeEEEeEEEEeeeeEE!!!"

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:36 PM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
You can start by surfing the Owners Lounge and all it's videos....that'll keep you busy for a couple of days. Making the mods list and researching that subject will keep you going for another week or two.

What's crazy is Mini's progress monitoring system...Great Concept, but the execution may add to your angst. Mine finished production on 6-29, went to QA and was released to Carrier on 6-30 (morning of) It is now, what, 7-9 and absolutely no updates, not Ask Mini, not the OL, not even the dealers website. THAT will make you crazy if you let it. I prefer to believe that it's on the boat halfway across the puddle, but it would be nice if they'd confirm it.

Old 07-09-2009 | 02:46 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
I obsessively tracked Lolly from the day of conception, in every way I could find. A very generous photographer even emailed me photos of the Sierra Nevada Highway as it left the Southampton dock with Lolly on board! I toyed with the idea of driving to Charleston to see her come off the boat, and then to Schaumburg to see her come off the truck. Yeah, too extreme. I'll leave those ideas for Adrian Monk when he gets his JCW.

Old 07-14-2009 | 04:08 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Ohhh...

Try waiting five MONTHS—and others here waited longer! At times I wondered if I was crazy, and I certainly didn't tell my friends or coworkers what I had done. But, it gave me plenty of time to hangout here and learn, obsess, learn... There are several hilarious threads here about the things people have done to occupy themselves during the wait. How about coming up with a vanity plate? The owners lounge and vessel tracking are givens. Enjoy, it will be over soon.

Old 07-14-2009 | 04:46 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
I just came up with a plate Today, and my friend helped thing of the frame to go around it - i'm NOT putting it up here bc I dont want anybody stealing it, LOL - yes, it's that good!

Old 07-20-2009 | 08:22 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
W00T, mines on a boat now, as of the 17th - due in port august 7th, and hoping for a pick up august 15th (saturday) :-D

Then off to drive allll day and work towards that 1200 mile break in- ughhh, what a long 4 weeks this'll be LOL

Old 07-21-2009 | 09:43 PM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by tattedXB
W00T, mines on a boat now, as of the 17th - due in port august 7th, and hoping for a pick up august 15th (saturday) :-D

Then off to drive allll day and work towards that 1200 mile break in- ughhh, what a long 4 weeks this'll be LOL
I waited 3 months. Quit bitchin. I expect lots of pics...did I miss a name?

Old 07-21-2009 | 09:45 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
LOL Lots of pics I can do - Name, I'm not really feelin yet, kinda feels silly to me - though I DO know what my new s/n on here will be (the same as my custom plate).

Old 07-21-2009 | 09:58 PM
mbu
4th Gear
tattedXB,

How much time did it take from order to production for your Mini? I just ordered mine last Friday (7-17-09) and was curious.

Thanks...

Old 07-22-2009 | 06:51 AM
Hawkeye
3rd Gear
I ordered mine on 2/13/09, it was built on 3/4/09 and I received it on 3/25/09. Pretty quick...I was somewhat frustrated by the info on the MINIUSA page...it was not very accurate nor timely re: status of the car. My MA was very helpful in keeping me in the loop!

Old 07-25-2009 | 11:14 AM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbu
tattedXB,

How much time did it take from order to production for your Mini? I just ordered mine last Friday (7-17-09) and was curious.

Thanks...
I forget, but maybe 2 weeks I think? Wasn't THAT long...

Old 07-25-2009 | 12:53 PM
lashepherd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mbu
tattedXB,

Thanks...
Congrats. I second the comment about the Owner's group website not being accurate but it kept me from loosing my mind. Make sure you learn the secret handshake and tell only a person you trust about the secret compartment. As a community, we MUST keep this secret from law enforcement.

I had to wait seven weeks but that was last year. I keep hearing whispers from the back seat area but other than that it's been awesome. The voices tell me to do bad things but since they have that British accent we all love I just giggle.

Tell us about your new baby.

Old 07-25-2009 | 06:03 PM
tattedXB
|
4th Gear
Originally Posted by lashepherd
Congrats. I second the comment about the Owner's group website not being accurate but it kept me from loosing my mind. Make sure you learn the secret handshake and tell only a person you trust about the secret compartment. As a community, we MUST keep this secret from law enforcement.

I had to wait seven weeks but that was last year. I keep hearing whispers from the back seat area but other than that it's been awesome. The voices tell me to do bad things but since they have that British accent we all love I just giggle.

Tell us about your new baby.
LOL what about cops that drive them, won't they know about the secret compartment and tell their cop buddies? I would if I were them - could come in handy. I'll be sure to ask about it tho, and the handshake as well. Is there mood lighting in the clubman as well, so much I don't know about it? LOL

Anyways, about my baby - read my signature

Jeff

P.S. If I hear accented whispers in the backseat, i'll just tell them to shut up, and get me some fish 'n chips

Old 07-25-2009 | 06:43 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Well, I'm a year out at this point, but what did I do?

I polished my ability to my my wife crazy.

Done and dusted.

Old 07-25-2009 | 07:03 PM
lashepherd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tattedXB
LOL what about cops that drive them, won't they know about the secret compartment and tell their cop buddies? I would if I were them - could come in handy. I'll be sure to ask about it tho, and the handshake as well. Is there mood lighting in the clubman as well, so much I don't know about it? LOL

Anyways, about my baby - read my signature

Jeff

P.S. If I hear accented whispers in the backseat, i'll just tell them to shut up, and get me some fish 'n chips
Cops who drive them have already accepted the duty of a Cooper owner and therefore have taken the secret handshake. Your question is a bit confusing because it implys the officer is thinking on his/her own. Once they become members of the OOC (Order of Cooper), they are one with all of us. To simplify things for you, it's okay if they kiss your sister or mom.

Sorry to hear about your Pepper White? Clubman. They tried to feed me the same line of crap about shortages in the highly desired Hot Chocolate paint too. Naturally, I threatened them with a clown attack and they relented. Clowns are SOBs!!! It's not too late to get them to change it to the deeply sexy Hot Chocolate if you call them now! Pepper White?!?! Are you picking a color because you don't plan on washing it? Another secret most folks don't talk about (i.e. Fight Club), people with Hot Chocolate are normally smarter and better looking than all other classes of Mini owners. At least you're getting an S model. I got a Justaclubman because my 15 year old son will be 16 unless I strangle him beforehand and will be bumming the keys.

FWIW, the whispers are no joke. They told me to rob a liqueur store, I did, and am $140 richer for listening. I feel sort of bad about it now but am 1/2 drunk so will soon forget. What? Shhhhh, they're listening. No, I wasn't talking about you. Shhhhh. Here they come. Gotta go.

Shep

Old 07-25-2009 | 07:08 PM
pete v
1st Gear
Duplicate

Last edited by pete v; 07-25-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: delete duplicate
Old 07-25-2009 | 07:10 PM
pete v
1st Gear
Ordered 6/25. Fubbsy arrived in New York on 7/24.
Pete

Quick Reply: R55 In Production