R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Who knows what to believe, anymore!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009 | 08:36 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Talk to the people that own them.

I always talk to a Mini owner if I run into one at the Mall or Resturant etc. I have never ever heard a bad word about their cars. It seems that every Mini Cooper owner I have seen just loves their cars. I know I love mine.
Ronnie948

Old 07-25-2009 | 12:23 AM
dvhone
3rd Gear
Had a motorcycle right behind me for a chunk O' time on the drive to work this morning. Saw him (and his bike) the entire time without: being crossed eyed, moving my head, closing one eye, sticking my tounge out, bitting my lip, squinting, looking at my side mirrors, or anything else slightly out of the ordinary for a normal drive in an car.

Then, on the way home, I floored it at a green, with a Toyota rav four V6 behind me, and had no problem seeing the (cheesey) grin in the rear view on the guys face as he floored it to in a kinda "train" drag race.

Do the "experts" know what they're talking abou? Me thinks not.

I like the fact that the barn doors make it look like a wagon...I (and some of you) know better!

Old 07-26-2009 | 04:49 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dvhone
Had a motorcycle right behind me for a chunk O' time on the drive to work this morning. Saw him (and his bike) the entire time without: being crossed eyed, moving my head, closing one eye, sticking my tounge out, bitting my lip, squinting, looking at my side mirrors, or anything else slightly out of the ordinary for a normal drive in an car.

Then, on the way home, I floored it at a green, with a Toyota rav four V6 behind me, and had no problem seeing the (cheesey) grin in the rear view on the guys face as he floored it to in a kinda "train" drag race.

Do the "experts" know what they're talking abou? Me thinks not.

I like the fact that the barn doors make it look like a wagon...I (and some of you) know better!
I'm not an expert. I'm simply a proud Clubman owner. Still the center black pillar that is due to the barn doors does affect your vision. It's the same as if you hold up your index finger in front of you. When you look at the index finger, the background is out of focus. When you focus on the background, your index finger is out of focus and you'll see two of them. Same thing for the pillar of the barn doors. It's natural and how your eyes work.

Does this make me dislike my Clubman or wish I didn't have barn doors? Absolutely not. I love my car and it's still the only car I wanted. However if anyone is looking at a Clubman and thinks this will be a problem, test drive and see it is for you. You get used to it and you'll likely either focus on one barn door window or the other or simply use you mirrors.