R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010 | 11:05 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
Weathertech states on their website they make one but do not explain if it is for the lower area or covering the false floor. And they do not have pictures of the real thing only of a generic item.

Also i have used some Weathertech mats in the past on two other cars and i gave them away for OEM as the OEM were much better but also much more expensive.
That's actually the first place I went. I've had WeatherTech cargo liners and footwell liners in my last two trucks. They're good stuff, but this is the one instance the OEM is less expensive.

I think the WeatherTech is for the lower. If you look it's basically the same shape as the OEM. For this application, not only is the OEM less expensive, it has the cutouts for all the hooks and whatnot.

Here's a couple of pics from Atlantic British's website:

Last edited by Xeraux; 01-14-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-14-2010 | 11:26 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Okay, now I'm confused.

I just talked to WeatherTech and the customer service people aren't sure whether or not it's for the upper or lower part of the boot, but she did tell me that the WeatherTech liner is about 20.5" deep. The picture looks like it should be for the lower, but the size sounds like the upper. :dunno

Old 01-14-2010 | 11:47 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
just went out and looked at the flat floor area and the weathertech looks like if is for the flat floor area not the lower area. The two wings (that what i would call them) on the sides near the bottom of the wethertech picture would go fright in to the area where the rear wheel well covers bend back in just before meeting the barn door frame. and the two nothches on the sides in the upper end of the picture would be for where the wheel well covers sick out a little for the back seat to sit against.

I would say that the weathertech is made for the upper (flat) floor area.

Old 01-14-2010 | 11:49 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
just went out and looked at the flat floor area and the weathertech looks like if is for the flat floor area not the lower area. The two wings (that what i would call them) on the sides near the bottom of the wethertech picture would go fright in to the area where the rear wheel well covers bend back in just before meeting the barn door frame. and the two nothches on the sides in the upper end of the picture would be for where the wheel well covers sick out a little for the back seat to sit against.

I would say that the weathertech is made for the upper (flat) floor area.
Sweet. Thanks for running out and checking that.

I think I'll take a chance on the WeatherTech.

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:42 PM
ScottMac
|
1st Gear
Greetings all,

The WeatherTech is, indeed, for the Upper - We have one in our 2009 Clubman in addition to their front and rear floor mats. The OEM Mini Boot Mat fits the lower cargo area. (we have one of those also....)

The WeatherTech fits and looks great. It fits right up against the rear seat backs. I wish they also made one that would rest on top of the seat backs when they are folded down - I submitted an email to them suggesting that as an additional product - they told me if they get enough requests for a particular item, they will consider adding it to their lineup.

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:46 PM
isthar
5th Gear
Glad this thread bubbled back up, I had no idea there were Clubman boot rubber mats. Can anyone help figure out if:
http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Cl...ductPromotions is really the clubman version
and whether you can find it on Morristown MINI?
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=6018
has a picture of a hardtop, even when it comes from the clubman section

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:48 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ScottMac
Greetings all,

The WeatherTech is, indeed, for the Upper - We have one in our 2009 Clubman in addition to their front and rear floor mats. The OEM Mini Boot Mat fits the lower cargo area. (we have one of those also....)

The WeatherTech fits and looks great. It fits right up against the rear seat backs. I wish they also made one that would rest on top of the seat backs when they are folded down - I submitted an email to them suggesting that as an additional product - they told me if they get enough requests for a particular item, they will consider adding it to their lineup.
Outmotoring's got 'em. US$74.95

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...extension.html

Old 01-14-2010 | 12:51 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by isthar
Glad this thread bubbled back up, I had no idea there were Clubman boot rubber mats. Can anyone help figure out if:
http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Cl...ductPromotions is really the clubman version
and whether you can find it on Morristown MINI?
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=6018
has a picture of a hardtop, even when it comes from the clubman section
Schatzy62,

The part numbers are as follows for the Clubman Rubber Boot Mat (OEM):

51 47 0 416 185 - Cooper S logo
51 47 0 416 184 - Mini Logo

Only color offered is Black.

-Scott
Here are the part numbers.

I ordered the "185" and it looks like the one pictured in your Amazon link except it has the "Cooper S" logo thingy instead of the Mini "wings".

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:05 PM
ScottMac
|
1st Gear
Ishtar,

The photo at the top of the Amazon page is the OEM mat that fits the lower boot area.

As far as Morristown goes, you might want to call them first hand to confirm whether or not they have one for the Clubman.

Xeraux,

Thanks for the link - I can't remember if I had seen that one and thought "oh, it doesn't match the WeatherTech" or if we missed it altogether. We took delivery in early August - I've slept way too much since then!!

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:11 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Xeraux,

Thanks for the link - I can't remember if I had seen that one and thought "oh, it doesn't match the WeatherTech" or if we missed it altogether. We took delivery in early August - I've slept way too much since then!!
I picked mine up right before Christmas and I've been scouring all the parts websites and whatnot. So it's all pretty fresh for me, right now.

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:35 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
As far as Morristown goes, you might want to call them first hand to confirm whether or not they have one for the Clubman.
From My local dealer. They have two versions one with "Cooper S" and the other with "MINI Logo" There is NOT one that says clubman.

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:51 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Question please...when you guys say "lower" area ....? I have taken the folding floor out for good as I frequently have to put a large stroller in my boot and it didn't fit as well with the folding floor in. Now i am stuck with the thin flooring that was below the heavier and thicker folding floor. SO, when you say "lower area" are we talking about the secondary and thinner flooring that gives the boot a deeper and larger allowance when the folding floor is removed? Make sense? THANKS!

I would like a protective covering for the thinner and deeper floor since I have removed the folding floor.

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:53 PM
ggonzale
3rd Gear
You can get them through ebay:

51 47 0 416 184 - Mini Logo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MINI-...Q5fAccessories

51 47 0 416 185 - Cooper S logo:

Both are priced at $63 (Free shipping)

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:16 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jbrowland
Question please...when you guys say "lower" area ....? I have taken the folding floor out for good as I frequently have to put a large stroller in my boot and it didn't fit as well with the folding floor in. Now i am stuck with the thin flooring that was below the heavier and thicker folding floor. SO, when you say "lower area" are we talking about the secondary and thinner flooring that gives the boot a deeper and larger allowance when the folding floor is removed? Make sense? THANKS!

I would like a protective covering for the thinner and deeper floor since I have removed the folding floor.
Correct. Get the Mini OEM boot liner for the Clubman.

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:17 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ggonzale
You can get them through ebay:

51 47 0 416 184 - Mini Logo:

51 47 0 416 185 - Cooper S logo:

Both are priced at $63 (Free shipping)
This is for the upper folding floor right? Thanks!

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:24 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
This is for the upper folding floor right? Thanks!
No.

The OEM boot liner sits on top of the thinner floor that conceals what would normally be area for the spare tire.

The WeatherTech Cargo liner sits on top of the folding floor.

The OEM liner extention sits on top of your rear seats when they're folded down.

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:24 PM
ScottMac
|
1st Gear
jbrowland,

Yes, the lower area in this thread is the cargo space below the folding removable floor. The part numbers that are listed in several of the posts in this thread, i.e. 51 47.... are the actual BMW/Mini part numbers for the mat. You can buy it with either the Mini logo or the Cooper S logo. They are available from any dealer or from several online sources/vendors.

If you look a few posts up, Xeraux posted three photos - the middle and the bottom photo is of the Mini cargo mat that fits in the bottom of the boot (below the removable floor). The top photo is the WeatherTech cargo mat that fits on top of the removable floor.

-Scott

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:27 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
You guys rock! THANKS! Being a new owner and all this thread kinda confused me...obviously. I appreciate the specific replies! They helped sort it all out!

It seems many of us have removed the folding floor for more space.

Old 01-15-2010 | 05:11 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
It seems many of us have removed the folding floor for more space.
In the USA everyone gets the "Folding Floor".

In Canada and many other parts of the world the "Folding Floor" is an Option that has to be ordered.

Old 01-15-2010 | 06:29 AM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
In the USA everyone gets the "Folding Floor".

In Canada and many other parts of the world the "Folding Floor" is an Option that has to be ordered.
Interesting. Didn't know that thx!

Anyone wanna buy a folding floor???

Old 01-15-2010 | 06:56 AM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Xeraux
No.

The OEM boot liner sits on top of the thinner floor that conceals what would normally be area for the spare tire.

The WeatherTech Cargo liner sits on top of the folding floor.

The OEM liner extention sits on top of your rear seats when they're folded down.
So I just got a response from the ebay seller (Prestige) of the OEM floor mat and he said it was for the upper floor and not the lower floor. ???????????? Now I am really confused since the dealer himself is contradicting the info here.... I am thinking the guy at Prestige may be wrong or possibly it fits on top of both....

Here is what I asked on ebay..."I have removed the upper folding (thicker and heavier) boot floor to have more space in my boot and need protective covering for the lower and thinner floor in my Clubmnan boot. Is this rubber cover for the lower boot flooring or the upper? Make sense? THANKS A TON!!!"

And here was the response...."The upper."

Last edited by jbrowland; 01-15-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added link and ebay response
Old 01-15-2010 | 06:57 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
So I just got a response from the ebay seller of the OEM floor mat and he said it was for the upper floor and not the lower floor. ???????????? Now I am really confused since the dealer himself is contradicting the info here....

The dealer's an idiot.

Edit: The dealer's still an idiot.

Last edited by Xeraux; 01-15-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2010 | 09:41 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
So I just got a response from the ebay seller (Prestige) of the OEM floor mat and he said it was for the upper floor and not the lower floor. ???????????? Now I am really confused since the dealer himself is contradicting the info here.... I am thinking the guy at Prestige may be wrong or possibly it fits on top of both....

Here is what I asked on ebay..."I have removed the upper folding (thicker and heavier) boot floor to have more space in my boot and need protective covering for the lower and thinner floor in my Clubmnan boot. Is this rubber cover for the lower boot flooring or the upper? Make sense? THANKS A TON!!!"

And here was the response...."The upper."

Dealer has no idea of what they are selling. As Xeraux said - IDIOT

I have one and it does not fit the Upper floor (folding floor) it fit in the lower area below the folding floor.

Old 01-15-2010 | 02:14 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Thanks again for your time on this all.

I asked him again to "double check" and I even mentioned that a few people here on NAM (I'm sure dealer's love that ) said that they had the same OEM product and that it fit the bottom and he gave me the same answer but more specifically saying, "This is made for the upper part of the boot. It may fit the lower part but it is made to go over the carpeted area of the boot." Of course both lower and upper are carpeted so there you have it.
In his defense he did give me a very timely response and he was very nice even if wrong as well. I just couldn't imagine he could be a dealer and not know what is what unless he's just some guy in a room handling eBay sales...certainly possible I guess given the responses I have gotten from some eBay transactions over the years, lol.

I will probably be buying one as I need to cover my boot in the end.

Old 01-15-2010 | 03:03 PM
kmcg
1st Gear
The one that fits in the lower part of the boot has a pretty substantial lip all around the edge. I envision the other "upper" mat being flat and not lipped. I could be wrong, but that might be a way to distinguish the 2. Also, it sounds like the only OEM mat is the boot liner, while the flat area mat is made by Weathertech. Maybe you could ask the seller questions about those 2 things?

Quick Reply: R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment