R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrowland
...unless he's just some guy in a room handling eBay sales...

**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**
**DingDingDing**

We have a winnah!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Today I got my OEM rubber boot mat for my clubbie from Prestige Mini on eBay and as everyone said, it is in fact a PERFECT match for the LOWER boot area BELOW the folding floor. Even the cut outs and the curvy areas of the mat account for the LOWER boot area's various shapes and hooks that wouldn't even be seen if the folding floor were installed.

Thanks gang. I knew you were all right of course so this is a "just for the record" posting in case some other new owner is as confused as I was and does a search here on NAM.

As for Prestige Mini, the guy on eBay handling their listings was clearly wrong but the communication was fast and so was the shipping. Happy ending for all!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
I just got my boot liner for the uppper portion from WeatherTech.

Fits perfectly.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeraux
I just got my boot liner for the uppper portion from WeatherTech.

Fits perfectly.
we need pictures

Old 01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
I wish they made one with the Mini logo on it.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Copywrites
3rd Gear
Once again this forum comes through. I had no idea anyone made a rubber mat to cover the rear seat backs when the rear seats are in the down position. But I found both the the reat seat back mat and the boot mat at Outboard motoring. Ordered them today. We have found we use the Clubman with the rear seats down 90% of the time. Having a nice rubber surface to cover everything will be great.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
we need pictures

Happily!

I'll take a couple when I get home.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Copywrites
Once again this forum comes through. I had no idea anyone made a rubber mat to cover the rear seat backs when the rear seats are in the down position. But I found both the the reat seat back mat and the boot mat at Outboard motoring. Ordered them today. We have found we use the Clubman with the rear seats down 90% of the time. Having a nice rubber surface to cover everything will be great.
Beware the "Boot Mat" you are getting from Outmotoring does not cover the flat floor, it fits below the flat floor.

To get one that covers the flat floor you will need to purchase the "WeatherTech"

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Rixter
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you happen to know if that rear-seat protector stays up when the seats are up or is it only used once the seats are folded down? I'm looking for something I can leave in the car all the time (with the seats up or down), rather than having to remove it every time I raise the rear seats.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rixter
Do you happen to know if that rear-seat protector stays up when the seats are up or is it only used once the seats are folded down? I'm looking for something I can leave in the car all the time (with the seats up or down), rather than having to remove it every time I raise the rear seats.
For the benefit of the others viewing this thread, based on the statement on the Outmotoring website, "This plastic liner lays in position on the backs of your rear seats when folded down.", I don't know for sure, I assumed it was for use only after the seats are folded down.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
No Flat Floor

I believe that picture shows the boot without the Flat Floor piece installed. Is that correct?
Does the WeatherTech cover the compartment with the Flat Floor installed?
Thanks to whomever can clarify.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:49 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Surfink
I believe that picture shows the boot without the Flat Floor piece installed. Is that correct?
Does the WeatherTech cover the compartment with the Flat Floor installed?
Thanks to whomever can clarify.
If you look at the picture in post #59 (rixter) it shows the two pieces from Outmotoring. In that picture it shows that there is a drop off in the middle and that is where the back seats ends and the flat floor (when installed) would start. The Flat Floor is NOT installed in that picture and the "Boot Liner" is only for the lower section BELOW the flat floor.

To get a cover for the Flat Floor area you MUST buy the Weather Tech item listed in some of the above posts. MINI DOES NOT manufacture a flat floor cover (liner) at this time.

Also the "Liner Extension" (covers the back of the rear seats when down) is only designed to be used with the seats in the DOWN position. It has a bend in it that will not allow it to be used when the seats are in the upright position.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
taysan
2nd Gear
For those Canadians in the mix, who don't get the flat floor as standard (up here its part of a $500 option called the Travel Package or some nonsense)...

We want the lower boot liner (I need to order one) and NOT the WeatherTech liner. I have WeatherTech floor liners front and rear, but not the boot liner as they only make the one for models with the flat loading floor.

So if you plunked down the $500 for the styrofoam box in the back, then WeatherTech is for you. Otherwise, go OEM and get the lower boot liner.

Gotta call my dealer tomorrow for one. No wonder they call them 'dealers'. I guess that makes us the junkies.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Copywrites
3rd Gear
Outboard Motoring states that the piece that covers the rear seat back surfaces can be rolled up for storage. It is not intended to remain in place when the rear seats are in the upright position.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:33 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
And like I said above, some MINI dealers will even INSIST that the OEM MINI rubber boot mat is indeed made for the upper flat floor and they are wrong. I have now had two MINI dealers try to tell me this. One from eBay and one in person where I bought my Clubman.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear

Very nice!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jbrowland
And like I said above, some MINI dealers will even INSIST that the OEM MINI rubber boot mat is indeed made for the upper flat floor and they are wrong. I have now had two MINI dealers try to tell me this. One from eBay and one in person where I bought my Clubman.
I sadly thought it was when I bought it. I wasn't paying attention to the photos online. I shouldn't say sadly though as I don't regret it and like it. I really do wish they'd make a mat for the upper flat floor though. I'm sure I could get one from Weather Tech or somewhere else, but I want it to say Mini.

A bit off topic, I ordered the rubber mats for both the front and rear seats. Glad I got them for winter and they look good, but I have to say that when the weather changes I'm back to the carpet mats. They're cheaper, but look better. Either way I'm gald to have both sets for the seasons.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA
I sadly thought it was when I bought it. I wasn't paying attention to the photos online. I shouldn't say sadly though as I don't regret it and like it. I really do wish they'd make a mat for the upper flat floor though. I'm sure I could get one from Weather Tech or somewhere else, but I want it to say Mini.
So, in spite of the fact that the WeatherTech boot liner is exactly what you're looking for, you're not interested because it doesn't have a Mini logo on it?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:28 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
So, in spite of the fact that the WeatherTech boot liner is exactly what you're looking for, you're not interested because it doesn't have a Mini logo on it?
Anyone that wants a Flat Floor Cargo cover that says MINI on it can do one of two things.

1. Buy one from me for $300.00 (I will just do what is listed as number to and ship it to you)

or

2. Buy the Weathertech and have one of many vendors on here make them a MINI logo to cover the Weathertech one.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Anyone that wants a Flat Floor Cargo cover that says MINI on it can do one of two things.

1. Buy one from me for $300.00 (I will just do what is listed as number to and ship it to you)

or

2. Buy the Weathertech and have one of many vendors on here make them a MINI logo to cover the Weathertech one.
Yanno...

Just looking at the pictures of the rectangles that hold the WeatherTech logo plate and the "Cooper S" logo plate in the Boot liner... I wonder if they're the same size... Hmmm...

If they were, you could probably swap out the WeatherTech logo for a Mini one if you could find a stray (or order) Mini (Or Cooper S) logo plate...

Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Yanno...

Just looking at the pictures of the rectangles that hold the WeatherTech logo plate and the "Cooper S" logo plate in the Boot liner... I wonder if they're the same size... Hmmm...

If they were, you could probably swap out the WeatherTech logo for a Mini one if you could find a stray (or order) Mini (Or Cooper S) logo plate...
Can't buy the logo plate for the lower mat separately but i know of at least 2 companies that make those kind of things.

Aesthetic Creations

Vinyl Styles

Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Can't buy the logo plate for the lower mat separately but i know of at least 2 companies that make those kind of things.

Aesthetic Creations

Vinyl Styles
...And there's your answer.

The WeatherTech is a really nice piece of kit. I've had the boot liners and their floor-mats in my last three vehicles and been thankful more than once that you can pull them out and hose them off. It's the first thing I looked at buying for the new Clubbie, but decided to hold off when I couldn't get a straight answer from WeatherTech about whether or not it would fit the 2010.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Raskule
Neutral
Outmotoring's got 'em. US$74.95

Thanks to all for a good thread - having just taken delivery of a Clubman - I'm really interested in protecting the storage area . . . so I've now seen pics of the WeatherTech cargo liner (and I like it!), has anyone bought the Liner Extension from Outmotoring?
Does work?
Does it work well with the WeatherTech?
Do you have pics?

I play in a band and haul a fair amount of gear that can be pretty brutal to an interior if jostled.

thanks
raskule

Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Area Coverage in a Clubman

There are 3 mats for the rear of a Clubman; 2 are OEM by MINI; and one is by Weathertech.

MINI makes the rubber mat which sits down in the rear storage well. It is of heavy rubber construction, with the MINI or Cooper S logo available.

MINI also makes the mat which fits over the backs of the seats when they are folded down. It matches the outline of the seats, and has the bristle side of a velcro pad in the corners to keep the mat in place, grabbing the felt material on the seat backs. The back edge has a "flap" which folds down and fits between the rear of the seat and the leading edge of the storage compartment. This part dates back to the 2002-2006 Coupe models, and is called a Boot Mat Extender in the MINI Accessory catalogs. It's still available from dealers like Morristown or Classic online. (and there's no logo on it)

The 3rd mat covers the top of the folding floor area at the back of the cabin. It is made by Weathertech and is the most expensive of the 3...but worth it.

Quick Reply: R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment