R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:31 PM
ScottMac
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubber mat for lower storage compartment

Greetings all,

Our Clubman is sitting in Oxford awaiting transport. Does anyone know if there is a rubber mat that will fit the storage compartment that is located under the level load floor in the rear? I know they are available for the main cargo area, but can't seem to find any for the space below. We have some small folding chairs that we use for picnics, etc. that will fit great down there.

If not available, anyone out there found something that works well in that space. I know we can't be the only people who might be putting something in that space that might be damp, muddy or dirty.

Thanks in advance. This is a great forum.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Alphawave
I know of no rubber mat for this location. You might consider cutting a foam-rubber mat from a pack of those garage floor block kits, like I've been considering doing for the expanded cargo area. If anyone has any info on any mats for this cargo area (seats down!) other than the padded 'doggie mats', be sure to lemme know!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
Try the dealer, I picked mine up when I purchased the car.
Part #51 47 0 416184 that is with the mini logo, they have with Cooper S logo as well used to be $73.25 (cheaper now @ 71.50) item #144 in the new catalog...

Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
They do. Mine has the Mini logo and it's available online.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:43 AM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Alphawave
If anyone has any info on any mats for this cargo area (seats down!) other than the padded 'doggie mats', be sure to lemme know!
something like the weather tech cargo liner...but not the protective boot space cover? the weather tech one is not mini branded though.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
ScottMac
1st Gear
Well, don't I feel foolish....

Thanks folks. I have that new catalog and looked at #144 - looked at the picture and thought "nope, that's not a Clubbie" - did not look at the "Official You-ification Planner" close enough to catch the fact that they make one for all of the models!

Gotta go call my dealer......

Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by ScottMac
Well, don't I feel foolish....

Thanks folks. I have that new catalog and looked at #144 - looked at the picture and thought "nope, that's not a Clubbie" - did not look at the "Official You-ification Planner" close enough to catch the fact that they make one for all of the models!

Gotta go call my dealer......
At first I felt foolish, as I don't have a catalog, and was unaware of it's existence. I searched Surfink's part number around the usu. BMW/MINI online parts suppliers, and came up empty, so I don't feel so bad. It must be new.

Whoa! That weathertech mat is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks jpp-zoso! "..'an though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea".

Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Clubmaste00
3rd Gear
I purchased the mat for the lower storage area for my Clubbie via Ebay through Morristown? Mini - $65 with no shipping fees - arrived in two days. it's the OEM part - they offer two versions - one with the Mini log and the Other with the Cooper S logo

Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Alphawave
Update: Just called weathertech, and they confirmed the Clubbie cargo mat only goes up to the rear seats only...it does NOT cover the area when seats are folded down.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
ScottMac
1st Gear
Alphawave,

I just came across this - it would not match the WeatherTech - it does match the "lower" boot mat that I was looking for - but it would cover the rear seats when down. I have also looked for a single "seats down" liner - I think we are out of luck.

WeatherTech does have a product request form under their customer service web page where you can request a new product etc. A couple of us might want to put a bug in their ear to add either a secondary piece or a larger seats down version.

https://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coo...extension.html

Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
IT states 09+ clubman, i don't think there is really anything different about he 08-09 and it is probably just a typo but i would check on it.

But it does look like a nice item, but again it would be nice if it was two pieces. I use a third seat but and have the forth folded down quite regularly.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Alphawave
Alphawave,

I just came across this - it would not match the WeatherTech - it does match the "lower" boot mat that I was looking for - but it would cover the rear seats when down. I have also looked for a single "seats down" liner - I think we are out of luck.

WeatherTech does have a product request form under their customer service web page where you can request a new product etc. A couple of us might want to put a bug in their ear to add either a secondary piece or a larger seats down version.

https://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coo...extension.html
I'd prefer a 1-piece, custom fit, like the weathertech. I think we should all do the request thingie, as well as hara...err, call them regularly for 'status updates'...just say'in...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Update: Just called weathertech, and they confirmed the Clubbie cargo mat only goes up to the rear seats only...it does NOT cover the area when seats are folded down.
bummer. obviously they should take some pictures of these units inside a clubman. truth in advertising and all. almost got one of these myself, but then got the cargo space cover as a freebie from my dealer due to service issues getting my anthracite headliner surgery.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
BLAUGRANA
3rd Gear
Same goes for the Mini branded mat. ALSO, for those of you looking at these rubber mats, they are for the LOWER part of the boot. I'm talking the part below the floor boards when you fold them.

If anyone sees any mat for the "top" floor of the boot, let me know. The only I've seen says "Clubman" and I'd prefer it said "Mini".

Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 AM
mini01770
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Clubmaste00
I purchased the mat for the lower storage area for my Clubbie via Ebay through Morristown? Mini - $65 with no shipping fees - arrived in two days. it's the OEM part - they offer two versions - one with the Mini log and the Other with the Cooper S logo
Just ordered mine for $65, just what I needed, thx for the info.

Anyone have any ideas for the back of the seats when they are up? Have 2 brown dogs and we have fur gone wild on that surface.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:20 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini01770
Anyone have any ideas for the back of the seats when they are up? Have 2 brown dogs and we have fur gone wild on that surface.
something like this maybe...REAR SEAT PROTECTIVE COVER - MINI COOPER AND S? it's the only one i've seen for the clubman.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Just ordered mine for $65, just what I needed, thx for the info.
What part number did you order. I got mine and it is part number 51-47-0-415-024 and it is not the correct size for the Clubman it is about 6" to short, front to back.it would fit the regular coop just fine. Well this now means another trip back tot he dealer and they are only an hour away (60 miles).

Old 07-17-2009, 12:58 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Check Pooch Style at http://www.poochstyle.com/store/pc/c...&idCategory=11

I am not sure if they have anything made up for when the seats are up but I am sure they could make you something.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
ScottMac
1st Gear
Schatzy62,

The part numbers are as follows for the Clubman Rubber Boot Mat (OEM):

51 47 0 416 185 - Cooper S logo
51 47 0 416 184 - Mini Logo

Only color offered is Black.

The part number you have is indeed for the hardtop, not the Clubman.

-Scott

Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
mini01770
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
What part number did you order. I got mine and it is part number 51-47-0-415-024 and it is not the correct size for the Clubman it is about 6" to short, front to back.it would fit the regular coop just fine. Well this now means another trip back tot he dealer and they are only an hour away (60 miles).
I ordered it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120445802030

The part number on the site looks correct per the post above this one.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:06 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Schatzy62,

The part numbers are as follows for the Clubman Rubber Boot Mat (OEM):

51 47 0 416 185 - Cooper S logo
51 47 0 416 184 - Mini Logo

Only color offered is Black.

The part number you have is indeed for the hardtop, not the Clubman.

-Scott
That is what i thought when i received it. The dealership screwed up and sent the wrong part.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA
If anyone sees any mat for the "top" floor of the boot, let me know. The only I've seen says "Clubman" and I'd prefer it said "Mini".
Resurrecting an old thread...

Does anyone know of a fitted rubber mat that fits over the top floor of the Clubman's boot? I have the fitted mat for the lower area and I really like it, but I'd like something to go over false floor which will see the most cargo.

It sounds like BLAUGRANA found something, but I can't find any other references to a liner that says "Clubman" on it.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Resurrecting an old thread...

Does anyone know of a fitted rubber mat that fits over the top floor of the Clubman's boot? I have the fitted mat for the lower area and I really like it, but I'd like something to go over false floor which will see the most cargo.

It sounds like BLAUGRANA found something, but I can't find any other references to a liner that says "Clubman" on it.
I have not seen one that covers the False Floor. Only the lower one. Your best bet is to check with Outmotoring.com or Mini Mania and see if they can tell you if there is one. They will know.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
I have not seen one that covers the False Floor. Only the lower one. Your best bet is to check with Outmotoring.com or Mini Mania and see if they can tell you if there is one. They will know.
Yah. Been there already. Even checked with the boys at Atlantic British. (Been dealing with them for years with my Rangie.)

No joy.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Yah. Been there already. Even checked with the boys at Atlantic British. (Been dealing with them for years with my Rangie.)

No joy.
Weathertech states on their website they make one but do not explain if it is for the lower area or covering the false floor. And they do not have pictures of the real thing only of a generic item.

Also i have used some Weathertech mats in the past on two other cars and i gave them away for OEM as the OEM were much better but also much more expensive.

Quick Reply: R55 Rubber mat for lower storage compartment