R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 One of the Happiest Days in my life!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not impossible- I've had a number of Toyota's. All of them have had less problems than my MINI. They build good reliable very boring transport appliances.

That being said none were as much fun as my MINI. For me an issue or two is a small price to pay for all the fun my MINI provides me.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
ART ED
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How exciting! Got rid of a very fun vehicle for a boring used Toyota! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by ART ED
How exciting! Got rid of a very fun vehicle for a boring used Toyota! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
If I ever did this, ya'll promise to shoot me, and put me outta my misery, mmkay?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 AM
RckyMtnTwisties
2nd Gear
UJT-----Universal Japanese Transport

Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Personally I see no need to rag on the OP for his choice of transport pod. If that is what he likes & it makes him happy well, I can except it. I don't understand it, but if he is happy I guess that is all that matters.

Truth be told not everyone loves the MINI. Strange yes, but true.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Alphawave
Originally Posted by Crashton
There's a penal island somewhere for folks like this, that aren't fit for the general populace. I hear they drive used Toyota's there.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Personally I see no need to rag on the OP for his choice of transport pod. If that is what he likes & it makes him happy well, I can except it. I don't understand it, but if he is happy I guess that is all that matters.

But if he is going to RAG on hour cars so much and continue to long after he sold his MINI, Well he deserves it. He needs to just go away and stop harassing us and telling us how bad the cars we have are, when in reality mine, although not 100000% perfect is much better than any other new car i have ever owned and that has been many including some Japanese.

With the problems he has told us about they would have been very visible at delivery. He should not have accepted the car.

My suspicion is that some of the problems he has made comment of here were not there when he took delivery of the car and very possibly were caused by the car being hit after delivery to him. And "IF" that is the case then MINI is not responsible.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
As a MINI owner I'm glad I haven't become a car snob. I like all cars, some more than others, but I can find good in all cars as I can in all people.

So what if the OP no longer has the MINI love or ever had it. Does his unlove for his Clubman trouble you that much that you have to rag on him? Personally I don't see where he has ragged on anyones car in this thread. He has moved on to something else & is happy.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
jtc
2nd Gear
As a MINI owner I'm glad I haven't become a car snob. I like all cars, some more than others, but I can find good in all cars as I can in all people.

So what if the OP no longer has the MINI love or ever had it. Does his unlove for his Clubman trouble you that much that you have to rag on him? Personally I don't see where he has ragged on anyones car in this thread. He has moved on to something else & is happy.
It's completely understandable that some people out there don't like Minis. I just don't understand why Skye is still hanging around this forum being negative.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
I didn't see him as being negative in this thread.

Heck I belonged to this forum for two years before I even had a MINI. Does his not having a MINI mean he is not welcome on NAM? His opinion matters as much as yours or mine.

I can understand his unhappiness. New car with problems, yep that makes folks unhappy. Some are even unhappy enough to sell their MINI's. It has happened before & I'm sure it will happen again. My MINI has had an issue or two, but my dealer has been great & that makes all the difference to me.

Back on topic..... One of the happiest days of my life.

Guess when I bought my MINI it was in the top 20 of happy days.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
One of this joker's original complaints:

"The passenger seat material was a little bulgy one one of the side edges, like there was not enough foam on the inside"

Are you f'in kidding me, this is the reason you sold the MINI for a Toyota?!??!?

You never deserved one in the first place. Good riddance!!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I didn't see him as being negative in this thread.
Maybe not in this thread specifically but he has been negative in other threads since selling is car.

Originally Posted by Skye2
I feel your pain. This is typical behavior from the MINI dealer.

My clubman had blotchy paint on the doors and their "factory rep" claimed it was "within spec". The paint was not mixed thoroughly before the spray. (got an estimate from a highly recommended body shop) I recommend getting a factory rep to look at it. If you do not get satisfaction, there are pro bono attorneys that will help. Contacting MINI USA will be of no help to you as they deem the factory rep's word as final.
and others.

Now the difference between you being here for two years before having a MINI is that you did not continually bash the MINI.

Most of the OP's posts have been very very negative toward MINI's in general.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
budoboy
3rd Gear
I am a real car nut and have checked out every dealership and sat in most every car in the market. I was kind of enthusiastic about going to the Toyota dealer to check out their latest offerings. I sat in everything and came to the conclusion that there isn't a single Toyota (Scion included) that I like. All of the interiors have that stupid center stack and they are all built for short people.

I had a Camry rental back in '93 and a Tercel rental in like '96 or '98 and I liked those cars. Every Toyota car on the market now doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Lexus (rebadged Toyota) has a few styling cars and the IS-F is kinda cool (even with fake quad exhaust pipes). Still I don't fit in any of them.

I like my Clubman so far. Quirky (not troublesome) for sure but fun to drive and distinctively styled.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by jtc
It's completely understandable that some people out there don't like Minis. I just don't understand why Skye is still hanging around this forum being negative.
Let him drive that Toyota a couple of months, I bet he'll end up buying another Mini...

Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 AM
KdF
2nd Gear
OK, So he sold it.
He really didn't want it even before he got it delivered by his own words.
Therefore any little thing that was not perfect drove him nutz.
He wanted something different from the start.
A car is just a hunk of metal until YOU give it a personality and make it what it is in character.
He's gone . ok. 'Nuff said
YotaTec and ToyotaWorld forums are that way --------->
Done.

Admin please lock this thread, as it ain't doing anyone any good here.

Move along, nothing to see here.......