R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Where Does Nineteen Equal Negative Four?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009 | 06:48 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
I'm missing the laughs I get from this thread. His legal defense team must be deep in strategic planning sessions. "If the sign is unlit, you must acquit."

Old 10-29-2009 | 02:02 PM
phlydude
Neutral
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
actually i'm going to court on the advice of several fellow law enforcement officers i happen to know...like everyone else who recognizes when a podunk occifer has nothing better to do and decides to screw the guy w/ the fancy car at a speed trap.
I'd suggest going to court as well...even if the cop shows up, he or the attorney charging the case may be willing to work with you on the infraction - you may pay a little more but the points usually decrease or go away altogether...if they aren't willing to work with you, be prepared to ask for a continuation under the grounds that you are seeking legal council regarding this case (and be prepared with a lawyers name you have spoken with, even if it is only about fees)

And while I think the ClubbyS is a nice car, I don't think it is being singled out as a "fancy car" - you sped - simple as that...perhaps you were listening to Zep when it all happened and you missed him..."When the Levee Breaks" is a good song, I completely understand!

Old 10-29-2009 | 02:56 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Might want to reconsider the whole "podunk occifer" attitude while you are at it, assuming this thread isn't just one big troll.

Old 11-01-2009 | 08:29 PM
jpp_zoso
|
2nd Gear
big day tomorrow. court day. i am totally pumped. this is gonna rock! i got sammy all lined up and lyrics memorized. i got my kick *** picture all blown up to poster size...paper size j is poster size, no? full color too. i wonder what time mr. occifer is gonna pick me up...he never said when we originally met, and he hasn't called or wrote since that first day either. maybe he had a change of heart? nah, prolly not. i'm not that lucky.

well, no matter, i iz awreddy to go. just point me in the right direction and then look out!!!

Old 11-02-2009 | 11:12 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Old 11-02-2009 | 11:51 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Your court date came up very fast. Around here it's a two month wait until you get to tell your Sammy Hagar story. At least every detail will be fresh in your mind.

Old 11-02-2009 | 10:41 PM
jpp_zoso
|
2nd Gear
oops. poor penmanship will be the downfall of our society. apparently what looked like a "2" to the untrained eye was in fact a "7" on the citation, so i have a few days left to stew and prepare. bummer.

Old 11-03-2009 | 07:06 AM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Old 11-03-2009 | 09:17 AM
bahollings
3rd Gear
and the saga continues.......The term saga originates from the Icelandic saga (pl. sögur), and refers to (1) "what is said, statement" or (2) "story, tale, history". It is cognate with the English word "say", and the German sagen. Icelandic sagas are based on oral traditions and much research has focused on what is real and what is fiction within each tale. The accuracy of the sagas is often hotly disputed. Most of the manuscripts in which the sagas are preserved were taken to Denmark and Sweden in the 17th century, but later returned to Iceland.

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:19 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Is there any doubt how this saga will end?

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:30 AM
markusw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by veggivet
Is there any doubt how this saga will end?
shhhh, don't spoil the ending.

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:49 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
This is getting as entertaining as that thread about a free car someone was giving away last year. Something tells me this one will never have a happy ending either.

Old 11-03-2009 | 12:00 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I wish traffic court was open on Saturday's here! On my calendar, the 7th is a Saturday.... This thread is better than a Grisham novel though, I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Old 11-09-2009 | 03:04 PM
jpp_zoso
|
2nd Gear
ha! ha-ha-ha!!! i've been so busy celebrating my new found freedom, i completely forgot to post an update.

turns out i didn't need any fancy-schmancy pictures or sammy lyrics or anything. mr. occifer never bothered to pick me up for court on 11/02, OR 11/07, and i called the courthouse saturday to see what the deal was and no one answered, all i got was a recording that said the courthouse was closed until monday.

i guess they had bigger fish to catch. i have photographic proof i was at home patiently waiting to be picked up by mr. occifer on both 11/02 and 11/07, so i am in the clear!! bonus...he shoots...he scores!!!

so thanks for all of your help. no really, i was touched, absolutely touched at all the free advice and warm and fuzzies. i mean, where else could all of this happen? only at nam, only at nam.

Old 11-09-2009 | 03:11 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
So you had a Saturday court date with door to door service scheduled to the courthouse? Why am I finding this a little hard to believe? I guess he couldn't pick you up after picking up all the other speeders who got caught in that nasty speed trap that were scheduled for the same court date. So happy for you. Since you've had some good experience writing fiction in this thread, I'm waiting for your first novel to come out. How about "Trapped Again" for a title?

Old 11-09-2009 | 03:48 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
odd..verrrrry odd...

Old 11-09-2009 | 03:58 PM
cmcveay
3rd Gear
I honestly can't believe the OP is for real in all of this. At least we've all had a good laugh. If the original story is true and now, the OP hasn't taken care of the matter by either paying up on time or going to court and getting it thrown out, I'm sure it won't be long before we see a post about the "false arrest" or suspended license for a failure to appear in the next traffic stop.

Anyway, we've all had a good laugh and I'm willing to bet, the OP has had his share of laughs at all of us too...

Old 11-09-2009 | 04:14 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
I have lived in 12 states and I have never heard of the Officer picking up the offender. In fact that would be a serious conflict of interest in many places in the free world.

And then the part about the Saturday court date. Don't believe it unless you are a major criminal in say New york City, Los Angles, Chicago maybe even then it it is doubtful.

Well the saga WILL go on.

Old 11-09-2009 | 04:26 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Something smells like the stuff I had on my shoe after the walk through Farmer Brown's stable.

Old 11-09-2009 | 06:04 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
We all got trolled good.

Old 11-09-2009 | 06:09 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
officer was gonna give you a ride to your traffic court?

More likely they come by in a week to give you a ride.. with a bench warrant for failure to appear..

Old 11-10-2009 | 08:38 AM
bahollings
3rd Gear
This just keeps getting better and better. If I would have had to pick up the people I had ticketed for traffic court I would have needed a large van, start driving around 48hrs before traffic court just to make sure I get them all. And my personal secretary (right) would of called them all first to make sure they were ready. And then after court I would of course drive them all home, stop and buy them lunch. The days when my schedule was tight I would have the food catered!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:47 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Getting a ride to court is not far-fetched at all

I had a good friend that got a ride to court in a police car. He was doing 175+ on a Suzuki Motorcycle. The Police cought him and actually gave him a ride to court in a police car. They even took him to a nice comfortable jail holding cell and fed him a great meal. He went to court and not only had to pay up for the great hospitality but lost his license for a year.
They even took good care of his bike while they took care of him. I think they called it "IMPOUND" or something. Of course that was not free but they did take care of it for him.
See, It is possable to get a ride to court in a police car.
Ronnie948

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:51 AM
KdF
2nd Gear
I think we have been beaten by the Troll stick like a bunch of baby seals.

(Shakes head and swims away.)

Old 11-17-2009 | 06:34 PM
jpp_zoso
|
2nd Gear
so i'm talking to one of my buddies today, who just happens to be a law enforcement officer, and i start giving him an update on my situation, and my buddy tells me now i'm in big trouble. whaddya mean i say, and my buddy says law enforcement officers are under no obligation to give citees (that's what they call us speeders apparently) a ride anywhere. and i go whoa-whoa-whooooaaaa...did i miss a meeting or something? mr. occifer issues me a citation for excessive speed, tells me i'm unfit to drive, and i'm supposed to get to court myself...wtf? how is that safe? where was that covered in drivers ed? better yet, where was that covered on the drivers exam? i think we have a problem here. and my buddy goes, yeah, you sure do.

so now my heart is racing cause i'm thinkin' my buddy just might be on the level and not messing w/ my head, so i go do a little research at the libary, and came up empty, but start chatting w/ a few people around, because i figure they're prolly relatively smart, hanging out at the libary and all, and all but one gave me pretty much the same story as my buddy. i'm not sure the one who didn't even had a license...mighta been too young. seemed like kind of a dope too.

but one of the libary dwellers, an elderly fellow that smelled of humis and ben-gay, tells me to read the back of the citation, because it prolly spells out just what might happen if i do, or in this case did, nothing. sure enough, it's right there on the back of the citation. apparently the court can issue a warrant for my arrest, or find me guilty and suspend my drivers license. prolly should have read that before, huh? my bad.

oh man. i am so screwed now. i mean, who knew? so i start re-reading some of the posts here, and ok, thanks a lot. now you guys tell me...big help you all are.

so here's the dealio. i'm on the lamb fellow nammers. that's right. old johnny law ain't gonna arrest me if he can't find me, right? i'm still trying to find the best hideout, but i'll find one i'm sure. hate to run, but i got some packing to do.

Quick Reply: R55 Where Does Nineteen Equal Negative Four?