R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Clubman Door won't open

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
smib
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubman Door won't open

Hello All,
I have a 2008 Clubman S. Today, my wife came home and the third door (club door) will not open. I don't see any safety switches (child) and there seems to be some tension in the lever. The lever for the door is working okay (no noises or anything.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott in DC

Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by smib
Hello All,
I have a 2008 Clubman S. Today, my wife came home and the third door (club door) will not open. I don't see any safety switches (child) and there seems to be some tension in the lever. The lever for the door is working okay (no noises or anything.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott in DC
Try a search on club door, There are two topics in the NAM forums about the door issues. One is well documented and focuses on the Safety release (?) at the bottom, inside edge of the club door. The button is connected to a cable which had an assembly routing issue. There is a Technical Bulletin on this cable related problem. Once the passenger door is open, be sure the safety button on the club door has fully extended, before you try the club door release.
The other failure, which I had, is that the inside release handle breaks and the handle / latch will not move at all. It sounds like you are experiencing the cable problem.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:26 PM
gcaspelich
2nd Gear
This seems to still be a problem even after getting the cable rerouted at the dealer. I have to pull out the black nub at the bottom of the club door as this tends to stick especially in humid south florida. This black nub is a safety that is always pushed in and out when the passenger door is open and closed. Mine always sticks even with a little bit of PB blaster or WD-40. See if that does the trick.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out this thread.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...wont-open.html

Hope it helps!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gcaspelich
This seems to still be a problem even after getting the cable rerouted at the dealer. I have to pull out the black nub at the bottom of the club door as this tends to stick especially in humid south florida. This black nub is a safety that is always pushed in and out when the passenger door is open and closed. Mine always sticks even with a little bit of PB blaster or WD-40. See if that does the trick.
Some cars also needed the Safety Button Replaced like in my car, On some of them the moving button was jsut a hair to large and would not move properly even with lubrication. Take it to the dealer and have them replace botht the cable and the button assembly.