R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 I need support!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 AM
JavaAddict
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need support!

Just ordered my new Cooper S Clubman. Got all four packages, punch carbon leather, auto, nav system, HD radio, rails, etc.

So, what do you do to ease the frustration of not having it now? I am stuck driving my "old car" and life seems kinda hazy, odd, and cooperless.

So two questions -

Anyone know where you can have your body put into suspended animation for four to six weeks?

What is the normal delivery time for a clubman? Wondering if anyone ever gets theirs in the four weeks I was told. It would be a nice christmas present.

Last edited by JavaAddict; 11-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JavaAddict
Just ordered my new Cooper S Clubman. Got all four packages, punch carbon leather, auto, nav system, HD radio, rails, etc.

So, what do you do to ease the frustration of not having it now? I am stuck driving my "old car" and life seems kinda a hazy, odd, and cooperless.

So two questions -

Anyone know where you can have your body put into suspended animation for four to six weeks?

What is the normal delivery time for a clubman? Wondering if anyone ever gets theirs in the four weeks I was told. It would be a nice christmas present.
Congratulations and yes it is the pits knowing you have a Mini but not having it at the same time. Once you get it post lots of Pictures

Old 11-27-2009, 07:23 AM
MINI Diva
1st Gear
I feel for you! It took about 8 weeks for mine... If you're going to do a countdown, it helps to think in weekends... and towards the last week, think in "sleeps" instead of days.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:52 AM
lashepherd
1st Gear
Welcome to the Club. Take a gander at the forum and you'll find many others who were in your position. Here's a URL of one: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...roduction.html

The biggest recommendation I can give you is to avoid the police and don't do anything that would get you thrown in jail. I cannot think of anything more frustrating than having my Mini come in and me not being there to pick it up.

Also, I would suggest going to the dealer and crawling in and out of the showroom model so you'll know all of the little quirks and gizmos before getting your own. You can also demand they let you take it out of another test drive "just to be sure you made the right choice".

Depending on where you live, you might want to consider getting a place lined up for getting your windows tinted. I live in Texas and can't imagine not having my windows tinted. Besides keeping the sun out, tinted windows also blocks the view of the morons who don't own a Mini from looking directly into your eyes. Nothing good can come from that.

Finally, I'd recommend getting a Mini buddy. These folks serve as your trusted agent to keep you from buying something you don't need. It sounds as though your little baby-girl is coming loaded so you shouldn't need to go out and spend money except for your driving gloves. Rubber floor mats can be bought on eBay for around 1/2 of what you'd pay at the dealer.

Go in peace.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:01 AM
maacodale
4th Gear
My clubman took right at 5 weeks, but that was this time last year and they were a little harder to come by. No matter what we tell you, it'll still feel like an eternity. Good luck though.

What color did ya get? Sounds like ya got a nice group of options.

Last edited by maacodale; 11-27-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
JavaAddict
1st Gear
Thanks for the support.

I got the horizon blue, with black top.

Been wanting a mini for years so I splurged and got the stuff I wanted, (even if I knew i didnt need it). I tend to regret not getting options, versus getting them and figuring out they not so useful.

I am heading for a "conference" (cough) in vegas next week, and going to see parents for a week following. So I figure I got two weeks down with pleasure for one and boring agony the next. Just hope I don't lose in vegas my hard earned cash I saved up to purchase with no financing. LOL, that would bite..

Have a good rest of your thanksgiving holiday to those in USA.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JavaAddict
Thanks for the support.

I got the horizon blue, with black top.

Been wanting a mini for years so I splurged and got the stuff I wanted, (even if I knew i didnt need it). I tend to regret not getting options, versus getting them and figuring out they not so useful.

I am heading for a "conference" (cough) in vegas next week, and going to see parents for a week following. So I figure I got two weeks down with pleasure for one and boring agony the next. Just hope I don't lose in vegas my hard earned cash I saved up to purchase with no financing. LOL, that would bite..

Have a good rest of your thanksgiving holiday to those in USA.
Drive back to Vegas in March for another "Conference" called AMVIV aka A Mini Vacation In Vegas. Should be several hundred Mini owners from all over the world. It is going to be held Mar 25-29th.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:02 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Since you're up in norther Virginia, you have some good choices in MINI clubs to hang out with. Closest to you is the folks at DC Metro MINIs. If you haven't found them yet, you can hook up with them at www.dcmetrominis.org They have events all year long and they're some great folks. We recently did their MINI's take the Beltway benefitting the Wounded Warrior project. Seem we had like 54 MINI's and a great time.

Down here in the Hampton Roads area, we have Hampton Roads club MINI (original huh?) and our website is www.hrmini.com We have events all year as well. If ya get a chance, check these two clubs out and get more out of your MINI!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Going out for a drive with a bunch of other Mini's is the way to make a fun drive even better

MidCal Mini's just having fun

Last edited by Tron Chief; 11-28-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
The old saying "The more, the merrier" sure applies to MINI's!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM!

Congrats on your new order.

My 2010 Clubbie took 6 weeks total.