R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rear Fog and Toggle

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009 | 06:19 PM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
Rear Fog and Toggle

Hi all

Ordered my Hz Blue MCS Clubman with all four packages (conv, sprt, cld, prem), nav,. It's still on order stage on the website; hence every hour i rebuild the thing on miniusa just to make sure it got everthing. I am guessing I might be able to send a last minute change.

So now I am wondering if all my toggles are taken with what I am getting?

I know I am being fussy, but thinking the rear fog light might be useful since i got the front and I live in DC and would hate someone to hit me from behind when the rear fog is only $100 and could fill vacant toggle spot.

Any thoughts?

Old 11-28-2009 | 07:09 PM
pedroa1
1st Gear
Get rear fogs, a must in the fog and your switch array will look like it is missing a tooth without it.
On an MCS, coupe, with the packages you describe, I think, (but no sunroof), there is still a toggle missing from the middle. I have no idea what goes there. Sorry.

Old 11-28-2009 | 07:23 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pedroa1
Get rear fogs, a must in the fog and your switch array will look like it is missing a tooth without it.
On an MCS, coupe, with the packages you describe, I think, (but no sunroof), there is still a toggle missing from the middle. I have no idea what goes there. Sorry.
The sunroof switch, of course.

Old 11-28-2009 | 07:25 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
I think the rear fog light is a way better safety item than the fronts.

Old 11-28-2009 | 07:27 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ran-o-matic
The sunroof switch, of course.
Or the rear fog lights for the lower switch panel.

Old 11-29-2009 | 04:48 AM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
thanks all,

I sent a message to my MA and see if he can add the rear fog, cant wait till i get motoring...

Old 12-01-2009 | 08:23 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
do it ... its a great switch to get tailgaters off your back as well

Old 12-02-2009 | 01:23 AM
MINI on the road
2nd Gear
Funny, here in Europe have cars standard rear foglights. It's committed to have them, even on trailers.

Old 12-02-2009 | 02:47 PM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
Or the rear fog lights for the lower switch panel.
Isn't the sunroof toggle on the stack above the rear view mirror?

Also, I contacted my MA but getting very slow response on whether or not he added the rear fog light. I noticed on the "track mini" page the option hasnt been added and the car is still on order stage, so I dont see a reason why he can't.

Anyone else made a change after the car was ordered but still in the order stage with Mini?

Old 12-02-2009 | 03:18 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by JavaAddict

Also, I contacted my MA but getting very slow response on whether or not he added the rear fog light. I noticed on the "track mini" page the option hasnt been added and the car is still on order stage, so I dont see a reason why he can't.

Anyone else made a change after the car was ordered but still in the order stage with Mini?
Many people have made changes after the initial order. The problem is that the "Track Your MINI" is behind in its updates all the time. I had my car in hand the day before Track Your MINI" changed from production to on ship.
So you can not trust it to be very accurate.

I suggest you check with your MA once more and if you can not get an answer out of him then try MINI USA

Old 12-02-2009 | 06:02 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JavaAddict
Yes. I was trying to make a joke based on pedroa1's post, but I guess I totally missed.

pedroa1 said "there is still a toggle missing from the middle. I have no idea what goes there" in a thread about rear fog lights and in a post where "no sunroof" was also just mentioned.

The upper middle switch is the sunroof toggle and the lower middle switch is the rear fogs lights. I hope I didn't cause any confusion. I really do think rear fog lights should be required in the US. They are a great safety feature.

Old 12-02-2009 | 06:47 PM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
np ran-o-matic, I got it now, lol

My MA doesnt seem to think adding the fog light can be done, but he only checked with manager, I am his first ordered mini so he not sure about everything yet.

How do i contact mini usa about order? Do i just use the web contact form on miniusa?

Old 12-04-2009 | 07:15 AM
MINI Diva
1st Gear
I think you mean rear fog light (not lights) as it's only on the rear driver's side... the reverse light is only on the rear passenger's side. It's weird and I don't like that idea... they should have mounted 2 rear fogs below the regular lamps and have 2 reverse lights. If you're parallel parked and backing up, the traffic in your direction won't see you backing up if there's a car parked behind you.
All the toggles are taken up in mine... from left to right it goes driver window, front fogs, door lock, rear fog, passenger window.

Old 12-04-2009 | 07:26 AM
markusw
3rd Gear
JavaAddict, Good call on trying to get it added. I hope your MA is successful.

Old 12-04-2009 | 11:16 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE

The upper middle switch is the sunroof toggle and the lower middle switch is the rear fogs lights. I hope I didn't cause any confusion.
Actually the middle switch in the lower set is the door locks not the rear fog.

Old 12-04-2009 | 03:04 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
Actually the middle switch in the lower set is the door locks not the rear fog.
Doh! This is why I shouldn't try to joke.

Old 12-06-2009 | 05:40 PM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
Dealer stating order was too far along to add rear fog? I ordered on Wednesday (11/25) and sent email on sunday (11/29) asking to be added. Until just two days ago the order showed "on order" in the owners lounge.

Although I am concerned that the dealer attempted to add the part later than I asked, my MA did state he would ask manager if he could retrofit. Anyone know for sure if this can definetly be done? I did some searches on rear toggle and lots of guides on forums on how to do it yourself, just making sure dealers "can" do it on a 2010 MCS Clubman. Also asked my MA to pass along to "manager" that the dealer might consider picking up some of the cost as I got no guidance on options and I am ordering a fully loaded $36K car.

Also seems to me that the rear fog is a popular option, so wish the MA had gone over my selected options and suggested it. But, then again; I was my MAs first order. Oh well.

Old 12-06-2009 | 06:49 PM
pedroa1
1st Gear
If it (rear fog retrofit) can be done, the car's computer will allow it since it isn't something a tech can kludge into the system, don't worry. The computer controls, among other things, the icons that illuminate in instrumental panel (front and rear have different icons).

Old 12-07-2009 | 04:07 AM
JavaAddict
|
1st Gear
I hope I can at least confirm that I can purchase the lights, toggle, and cover for the 2010 model;the wiring is already in place; and the dealer will program. Doesn't seem like too hard of a project if all the pieces fall into place.