R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Getting close to delivery...items for initial setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM
macct
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Getting close to delivery...items for initial setup?

It looks like I will be picking up my car this Saturday and I'm not sure on some of the smaller details. The items pertain to the standard setup which I am not sure if we can change or if they need to be done by the dealer.

1) Does the car have auto locking (locks after you a certain speed)? If so, can the driver change the defaults settings, turning it off?

2) Does the car only have windows with auto-down or is there an auto-up feature? is this programmable?

3) Can you tell me what the configuration is for the headlights & other lights? Is there Pathway lighting where the HL stay on a bit after turning off the car? Does it have a 3-click turn signal? Can you turn daylight running lights on & off?

I am sure there are things I am missing. Are there any other settings that you would suggest, especialy if they can only be done by the dealer?

Thank you

Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 AM
VioletDC
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those questions are best asked when u pick up the car this Saturday.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Elwood09
2nd Gear
Yes, they are! The owners manual has all this detail as well, and you can see it online at the MINI site, assuming you have your VIN.

But, since I am a motor mouth with nothing better to do ...

1) Yes, and yes. You can turn it off.
2) There is an Auto up feature ( I am assuming yours is a new car). It is not programmable.
3) There is pathway lighting, but it is not like any American car I have driven. Honestly, I don't care for the MINI implementation of this feature, but I don't ever use it, and have never spent the time to make sure I'm not missing something. 3 blinks, or 1 blink. You get to decide. I always thought it needs to be at least 4 (maybe 5) blinks instead of 3, but I may be in the minority on that. Who picked 3? Daytime Running Lights are your choice, too. Personally, I leave them off. If I need (or want) them, I simply turn on my fog lights. That turns on the headlights, too, and then turns everything off when I shut down the car.

I suppose I should qualify my answers by saying mine is an 09 S. I don't believe any of the features you asked about are related to optional equipment, but I may be wrong there, too. The manual is your friend!

Best of luck with your new toy. These are great cars that add entertainment to your daily drives!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM
macct
2nd Gear
Great. Appreciate the reply

Originally Posted by Elwood09
Yes, they are! The owners manual has all this detail as well, and you can see it online at the MINI site, assuming you have your VIN.
Thank you for the information. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to control the settings and the dealer would setup the car without noting my preferences. Thanks again.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by macct
It looks like I will be picking up my car this Saturday and I'm not sure on some of the smaller details. The items pertain to the standard setup which I am not sure if we can change or if they need to be done by the dealer.
Congrats and have a great time with the car on your first drive.

1) Does the car have auto locking (locks after you a certain speed)? If so, can the driver change the defaults settings, turning it off?
Yes this is programable by the user, in fact it can be programed differently for each key. Or at least on my 08 it can be.

2) Does the car only have windows with auto-down or is there an auto-up feature? is this programmable?
auto down and auto up. Not programmable.

3) Can you tell me what the configuration is for the headlights & other lights? Is there Pathway lighting where the HL stay on a bit after turning off the car? Does it have a 3-click turn signal? Can you turn daylight running lights on & off?
There are many options for lighting including Pathway Lighting. These features vary depending on other options as well, I.E. Conv Package, HID package etc.

Turn signals can be set to blink once or three times with a light press of the stalk or continuous if pressed past the first click.

Day Time Running lights are a user setting On or Off.

I am sure there are things I am missing. Are there any other settings that you would suggest, especialy if they can only be done by the dealer?
THere are many other settings and 99% can be adjusted by the user and ar progamable differently by each key, I.E. you like your doors to lock after getting in the car your spouse does not this can be programed into the key so your key does this yet the second key does not.

Not sure how much time you MA will spend with you but I know mine spent 2+ hours with me going over everything. But I forgot most of what I was told as soon as I drove out of the parking lot because of the thrill of driving the car.

The manual is not the greatest thing I have seen but will explain most things fairly well. But you will want to read it thru a couple of times while just sitting in the car.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't changed any settings since I got my car. The doors don't autolock. The windows are both auto up and auto down. Press and release the button immediately to go to auto mode either up or down. My car doesn't have daytime running lights so I can't answer your last question.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Also, check under your doors for the black rubber trim.. My passenger side had it, but the drivers side didn't....

Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 PM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by schatzy62
...But I forgot most of what I was told as soon as I drove out of the parking lot ....
I'm sure that describes most of us!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
I haven't changed any settings since I got my car. The doors don't autolock. The windows are both auto up and auto down. Press and release the button immediately to go to auto mode either up or down. My car doesn't have daytime running lights so I can't answer your last question.
If you were to go thru your settings you would probably find that you can set the doors to auto lock and you could turn on DTRL as this is part of the standard programing.

And in fact there are a number of different lock/unlock possibilities.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:45 AM
macct
2nd Gear
Thanks again

Thank you for the responses. I also found the manual on the Owner's Lounge. I am just glad to know the settings can be changed without the dealer.