R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Warning Lights on Dash brake/dtc

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
dbati
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning Lights on Dash brake/dtc

So, on my '09 Clubman S, under 6k miles, I've been getting the yellow Brake and DTC warning lights, intermittently. I'll be driving along easy as you please, and "bam" the lights come on with a "ding-ding" and stay on until the car is turned off. 100% of the time, they are off when the car is re-started.

I took it in to the dealer, and they first told me that they topped off the brake fluid and that it was a "known issue". On the drive home from the dealer, it went off again. The next day, they diagnosed a clutch switch, which needed to be ordered. They got that in, replaced it, but I still have the issue.

It's an annoyance, but I don't think it's unsafe. Has anyone else had this issue?

It's so intermittent that it's hard to diagnose. Any ideas before I take it in again?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dbati
So, on my '09 Clubman S, under 6k miles, I've been getting the yellow Brake and DTC warning lights, intermittently. I'll be driving along easy as you please, and "bam" the lights come on with a "ding-ding" and stay on until the car is turned off. 100% of the time, they are off when the car is re-started.
This is not right and should be fixed.

I took it in to the dealer, and they first told me that they topped off the brake fluid and that it was a "known issue". On the drive home from the dealer, it went off again. The next day, they diagnosed a clutch switch, which needed to be ordered. They got that in, replaced it, but I still have the issue.
Take it back and have the dealership fix the problem.

It's an annoyance, but I don't think it's unsafe. Has anyone else had this issue?
you may not think it is unsafe but when all of a sudden you really do not have brakes you will change your mind.

It's so intermittent that it's hard to diagnose. Any ideas before I take it in again?

Thanks,
Dave
Get teh dealership to give you a loaner and have them keep it until it is fixed. IMHO it is not safe to stake your life or that of anyone else on a possible brake problem that is showing up. Of course any car can have fatal brake failure at any time but if the car is showing you there is a problem already make sure you get it fixed.