R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Say something good about your Clubman...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM
slimjimtell
5th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Say something good about your Clubman...

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I like to see and read about positive upbeat topics. Every now and then, I come out here and get so upset when I see the ranting and bashing of the MINI brand. It's rather frustrating.

So, show your MINI pride of ownership and say something GOOD about your car or your favorite MINI experience.

I love the stares It gets, some people have to look, then they look again like a double take...and it's NOT just my stunning good looks!

Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This car has made driving more than a mundane task..I am in control of my immediate surroundings...When my wife drives on Mulholland she smiles like a child...priceless...vroom..vroom

Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Darryl_J
2nd Gear
High "smiles per mile" factor.

Pretty good fuel economy for the performance. Or, to put it another way, pretty good performance for a car with good fuel economy.

Practical size. Not too big; not too small. (Unless you have six kids who all play goalie in the local hockey league. In which case, I have a used army truck that seats sixteen with a ton of gear in the back that I could let you have cheap.)

--
Darryl

Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM
dvhone
3rd Gear
It's roomy, in a fun Zippy kinda way!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Works Clubman
1st Gear
I actually look forward to my morning commute!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM
LAscenzi
1st Gear
The cars and the service have been great.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
amusingdream
2nd Gear
Barn Doors FTW !

Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My driver's side window works! (I won't mention the passenger side, because I'm supposed to say something good)

Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniclubman
My driver's side window works! (I won't mention the passenger side, because I'm supposed to say something good)
My passenger side window works - won't mention the driver's side for the same reason.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 PM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
Fun, fun, fun to drive. Plenty comfortable and roomy enough to take me and my small family anywhere we need to go.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM
tazio
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Makes an awesome rattling noise when I start it up cold!
2. Hood scoop melts into a new shape every day!
3. I love telling people the engine is made by Peugeot!

I could go on...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Works Clubman
1st Gear
Just thought of another one: Mine's better than tazio's.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
dkamp
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey ya just gotta love the twisties and even a sharp corner under acceleration!
(but when you do it on city streets.... you have to be ready on the Brakes)

Old 02-27-2010, 04:26 AM
bimmermeup
1st Gear
Ms. Bee is awesome! Our son choose her over the other BMW's 90% of the time.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:47 AM
mrmagoo
3rd Gear
So far with 22,000 miles on it, it has been a great car. It requires my attention when driving and I gladly give it! It is unlike any other car on my commute - I see regular MINI's but rarely is ever a clubman! I took it to Kingsmill the other day to golf (had to get out of the Maryland glacier), and it sipped gas! I took a co-worker with me and he was scared to death - at least that is what he told the co-workers when we returned to work! He now refers to the car as a "low flying jet", since it is fast (Bowie to tee off at Kingsmill in 2 hours 45 minutes!).
I still turn and look at the clubman after I park it at work, just to admire and to make sure I turned the front tires a little bit to get that mean and agressive look while parked! I do notice on a regular basis students (I work at UMd) walk by and give it a second and sometimes a third look!
Even though I have had some issues - High Pressure Fuel Pump and the Sun roof sticking issue (all replaced with no charge) I can say it is a great little, fast, better built small car, with excellent gas mileage (the faster you go for longer periods the better the gas mileage!!!).
All my windows have worked with no problems, love the Barn Doors (I am a tall person - hatches are terrible for me), the 6 speed is wonderful (best in the market), the Prince Engine is an award winning engine (the french can do something right, sometimes), all I have to do is wait for the RFT tires to wear down enough to justifiy new tires ( they roll like stones in winter).

Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 AM
buckbs
2nd Gear
I will say something good, but .....

The car had great handling, great power(Clubman S model), great gas mileage, gives looks of longing to have one from other people, but the reliability of the car stinks. 40,000 miles of apprehension on what will happen next, but I love the car and will keep it.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM
ggonzale
3rd Gear
My wife/kids love my “green machine” and they want me to drive them anywhere (and I never refuse an excuse to drive it)! That is enough for me

Old 02-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
How about one good thing each day?!

Yesterday we had a blizzard and I took it into the storm for the first time. It was great to know the clubman is terrific. The ABS kicks in; just mash the brakes and point the car where you want it to go...magically the Mini heads in the proper direction. Brilliant!

Old 02-27-2010, 02:26 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
The very best thing about Lolly is that SHE'S MINE

Cute little sucker that corners on rails and gets me 29 mpg in town, ZERO problems in the first 16,000 miles. May I grin again?

Old 02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
MaxGSeeker
3rd Gear
I'm getting the highest Fun per mile of anything I've ever owned. The mileage is very good too, no matter how fast I drive the mileage gets no worse than 26 mpg.

Compared to my Ford experience the problems these cars have are minor, and the only way I had much fun in a Ford was offroad.

The Car really does so much as a Mini hauler, almost sports car, classic looks, economical on gas, lots of leg room..... Oh were we supposed to keep it to one thing per post?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
spoon
1st Gear
Hope my next car is a Mini

80,000+ miles on my 2002 Cooper... traded in for 2009 Clubman, now 4,000+ miles. Wouldn't trade it for anything (well, except for another Mini).

I like 'forgetting' the SPORT button for a couple days, then nothing but SPORT for the next few days. A nice additional boost!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I presently have 13, 700 miles having bought my Clubman last March 31st. According to the service mileage indicator, I am to have my first service in about 5000-6000 miles from now but my year anniversary is coming up first, so I have an Apr 3rd appointment. This will be my first time back to the dealership for anything.

In purchasing the MINI and have had and still have Hondas in the family, I am use to high reliability for many years. I expected that the MINI would not be as high in reliability or in quality control coming out of the dealership the first day. But with every month that has gone by, my confidence in it's reliability has gone up. I had no quality issues coming out of the dealership, so that puts it ahead of other cars that I have had (besides Hondas) in my lifetime. As far as reliability, so far it is equal to the Hondas I have had but I am only in it's first year of ownership.

For me, the Cluibman has worked out fine. I like small cars. I wanted one to replace my Prelude and so I wanted a small car that had some horsepower but good on gas mileage and was not any longer in length compared to my Prelude. The Clubman is larger enough so that when I go sailing or have to bring some stuff back from Home Depot for one of my projects, I have ample room for most things I need to transport. Of course, if I need to bring a 4X8 foot piece of plywood home, that's when i use my Honda Odyssey. The Clubman is also a small car that has a lot of features and it's the first car that I have bought with leather seats...So I am happy to own what I consider an upscale small car with a number of creature features given my options - Love those Xenon headlights and I like sunroofs. I bought an inexpensive tint film from the autostore and it was relatively easy to adhere to the sunroofs - believe it cost less than $20 for the 2 sunroofs and makes a big difference. I like the fact that the sunroofs have an auto set position for full ventilate with the sunroof just tilting up without beginning to open. My Prelude - You would have to hunt and peck for that position.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Doogs
4th Gear
This weekend I went to load our toddler into the wife's CR-V. The second his bottom hit his car seat, he started squirming and shaking his head and saying "cah, cah, cah" over and over again.

I asked him what he wanted, and he pointed at the Clubman and said "cah!" very emphatically.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
slimjimtell
5th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Doogs
This weekend I went to load our toddler into the wife's CR-V. The second his bottom hit his car seat, he started squirming and shaking his head and saying "cah, cah, cah" over and over again.

I asked him what he wanted, and he pointed at the Clubman and said "cah!" very emphatically.
I have a 2 year old and everytime she walks in the Garage she yells "DADDY'S MINI"

She LOVES the car as much as I do.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
In addition to being so much fun to drive, Little Wing holds me, 2 just about full grown teenage boys, one's bari saxophone and the other's electric guitar and amp.
Then there's the style factor too...

Quick Reply: R55 Say something good about your Clubman...