R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 List of Maintenance Intervals from Mini?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010 | 10:29 AM
hooknew
|
2nd Gear
List of Maintenance Intervals from Mini?

I am looking for a list of the various maintenance intervals for my JustaClubman. I want to know the mileage/date on which certain things are done (change wiper blades, change oil, check certain items, etc.). Particularly concerned about brake pad/rotor replacement intervals.

I don't want to trust the computer or my maintenance advisor to tell me when certain items need to be checked/replaced.

Anybody got a link to a Mini site that shows all these intervals (particularly those in the 3 year/36,000 mile free maintenance period)?

Old 03-09-2010 | 10:39 AM
buckbs
2nd Gear
Maintenance list .... no such animal

As far as I know, you have to trust the OBC and your dealership. I found out after the fact that the dealership did not regularly rotate my tires or check some other maintenance problems. They only did exactly what the OBC told them to do, and that makes me feel a little inadequate like you do.

Old 03-09-2010 | 01:31 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
AFAIK MINI does not publish such a list. But they do way it should go to the dealer once a year whether it needs it or not. I.E. once a year whether you do 5k or 50K a year.

When an item needs to be serviced it will tell you in advance.

As for oil changes there are many differing views. anywhere from 3000 mile to the OBC reading that it could be as much as 21,000 mile. YOur call i would go for a set schedule of 3k-6K personally.

Wiper blades - when they wear out. during the winter here in New England I change them twice because of the salt and sand that they wipe off the window, and then once in late April for the summer months. But when I lived in Mississippi they only needed to be changed once a year. it is a wear item and many things will change the way they wear.

Brakes - Again the OBC will tell you when they need to be changed but it you are really that concerned then check them monthly yourself. That is what I do. The dealer will only do the minimum each time the car is in and that is once a year.

Old 03-09-2010 | 05:21 PM
jcauseyfd
6th Gear
I think if you do a search for Inspection I and/or Inspection II, you may find some information regarding what is checked as parts of those services. Keep in mind it is the OBC that determines when those are supposed to be done.

I know brake fluid is supposed to be replaced(or some type of service) at two years regardless of mileage.

The OBC has a countdown for checking the pads/rotors. I'm not sure I would trust it though since it is not actually measuring pad thickness or anything, so it really has no idea how quickly you are going through the pads/rotors. I normally check these by sight when I rotate my tires.