R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Ordering first Mini, need help with interior trim choice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM
gpren
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering first Mini, need help with interior trim choice!

I am in the process of ordering my very first Mini (laser blue Clubman S). I want everything to be just perfect but I am having a terrible time trying to decide between the brushed alloy interior trim or the fluid silver interior trim. Any opinions and or pros/cons regarding these trims would be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have the same color combo. and chose Brushed Alloy because of the extra, small piece of alloy trim that goes on the doors just in front of the padded armrest. To me, it looked better and completed that area by further brightening it up as opposed to dull black plastic (which is what you get in that area with Fluid Silver). Brushed Alloy is very attractive, up-scale, and visually interesting. Though you can't go wrong with either, we're very happy with our choice.

That said, you need to be aware of one thing in particular. The matte gray door ovals are painted with some very delicate material (not brushed alloy at all) which mars quite easily (scratches, body/suntan lotions, etc.) After replacing them several times, we ended up paying an installer to apply some 3M clear bra material to the front-door upper portions for protection ($40) and we are now totally happy with our trim. Once applied, the 3M film makes the oval look glossy just like Fluid Silver, and you end up with the best of both worlds, IMO. If it weren't so expensive, we'd have had it applied to all the gray oval areas front & rear, but as it is, it looks great and doesn't look out of place at all.

HTH, and Best of Luck with your decision!