R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Bonnet Stripes Opinions/Pics needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:10 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonnet Stripes Opinions/Pics needed

I ordered my clubbie without bonnet stripes because I just couldn't decide if I wanted them or not. The clean look of PW without them really appeals to me, but the stripes are also something that I think really adds to the "MINIness" of our cars, so am still considering them.

Came across a PW clubbie with a silver roof and silver bonnet stripes. That wasn't a combo that the online configurator would even let me build, so mine is coming ashore with a black roof and c-pillars. But I did like the look of the silver and black edged bonnet stripes. Am I crazy to consider them with my black roof? Anyone have pics of that?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM
SODA66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bonnet stripes

I have a 2011 Clubman and have decided to put these stripes on my hood. I have ordered them and am waiting to receive them.

http://www.aesthetic-creations.com/p...?id_product=54

Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Sanderskog
4th Gear
No silver here. I too have PW/BL and am trying to figure out what to replace the factory stripes with. The all black seem so boring yet finding a color that compliments the color combination is difficult.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Soda66...those are nice. Post up some pics once you get them! Sanderskog...thats my struggle! Let me know if you come up with anything.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Number Six
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
I ordered my clubbie without bonnet stripes because I just couldn't decide if I wanted them or not. The clean look of PW without them really appeals to me, but the stripes are also something that I think really adds to the "MINIness" of our cars, so am still considering them.

Came across a PW clubbie with a silver roof and silver bonnet stripes. That wasn't a combo that the online configurator would even let me build, so mine is coming ashore with a black roof and c-pillars. But I did like the look of the silver and black edged bonnet stripes. Am I crazy to consider them with my black roof? Anyone have pics of that?
We have a PW with black stripes. I can say I hemmed and hawed over it, but for my wife it was a no-brainer.

Anyway, Soooo glad I decided to go with the black stripes.

Will silver stripes look good? Hmm...

Personally I'd go with black, but the silver could be a win.

Attached Thumbnails Bonnet Stripes Opinions/Pics needed-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
yeah thats not bad. Im thinking silver with a more pronounced black edge on them to tie in the roof better. I dont know why Im sweating it...I could always pull em off if it looks bad, from what I can gather its pretty cheap to get them installed.
Of course, on the way home from a meeting today I saw a PW and black clubbie with no stripes, and once again I just really liked how clean it looked. I might get a set of those inexpensive magnetic ones, slap em on for a week or two to see how I feel.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Number Six
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
yeah thats not bad. Im thinking silver with a more pronounced black edge on them to tie in the roof better. I dont know why Im sweating it...I could always pull em off if it looks bad, from what I can gather its pretty cheap to get them installed.
Of course, on the way home from a meeting today I saw a PW and black clubbie with no stripes, and once again I just really liked how clean it looked. I might get a set of those inexpensive magnetic ones, slap em on for a week or two to see how I feel.
hehe - I sweated it a bit too.

I liked the clean look of no stripes at first, but after seeing a few without stripes - I felt it looked too naked. Very glad mine has stripes.

And I think I still prefer the black, but the silver might look nice - and it would be one-of-a-kind which is always a plus.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 PM
JCWClubman
1st Gear
Mine had the bonnet stripes when I bought it (used)....changed them out to VIPER stripes....me likes the look of the Viper's a whole lot better!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Number Six
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JCWClubman
Mine had the bonnet stripes when I bought it (used)....changed them out to VIPER stripes....me likes the look of the Viper's a whole lot better!!!
Pic or it didn't happen.