R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 IronHorseCoopersport-scam artist

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:05 PM
veloci1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronHorseCoopersport-scam artist

i bought a IC from him on Ebay. IC does not fit the 2012 Mini as he advertized it. i sent it back to for a full refund. he told me i had a full refund. but, forgot to tell me he was charging me 18% re-stocking plus paypal fees. why should i be charged?
He does not even know what his product fits and he tries to get people to modify cars for his product to fit.
you want paypal fees, why? Paypal will refund fees once you reverse the transaction.

you will not get away with this.

members, watch out for this guy.

no response to several e-mails now that he got the IC back.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Thanks for the input. Helps out other buyers!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
veloci1
1st Gear
no problem. i am, just amazed how people really believe they can take other people's money without any remorse.

i would never do anything like that and i just do not expect anyone to do it to me.

let's see what excuse he is going to come up with. he even offered the refund and asked me to confirm that the IC did not fit so he could change the description on his auction and documents for the IC.

i am hoping PayPal will get all of my money back.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
fenderless 33
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My question would be. Why are you dealing with a business that does not take a credit card? For a business to take CC's they must prove many things and have been in business for some time or have assets to cover such things as you are going thru. If this had been done via a CC all you would have to do is file a complaint with the CC company. I have been processing cerdit cards with my businesses for over 30 years and I have never or ever will take Paypal.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Baby Kito
3rd Gear
Just out of curiosity why don't you deal with PP?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
eaglebeagle
4th Gear
yeah file a dispute with paypal, unless the guy has a rock solid case you should win, they fight for buyer better than sellers.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM
05r50
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone can take credit cards. You don't have to prove a thing. It's not like it was years ago. You just get a free swipe device from Square or any number of companies. Most of them allow for the sale to go thru even if you don't swipe the card. You can key it into the app on your phone.

PayPal does say that they will protect you, but they can't seize funds they don't have access to. I lost a good deal of money on a eBay deal when I never received the item on a "protected" transaction. Paypal's response. "The seller is gone and closed their account"

But to the OP's point. It seems this individual is not on the up and up.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM
veloci1
1st Gear
look at this guy's response:
the terms in the ebay sale clearly stated that the unit is returnable only in the event of a manufacturers defect. I asked for pictures which you did not provide, and I tried to work with you on fitting the unit. It was your decision to return the unit and you did not request an RMA beforehand, nor did you inform me it was coming back until you had already shipped it. It is industry standard practice to charge a restocking fee and the paypal fee was not refunded to me. I basically broke even on this deal after the ebay sellers fees and the restock fee will stand. I am sorry this did not work out, I do everything possible to guarantee a happy customer but you didnt work with me here.

My response to him:
i provided pictures. it is not a defect and the industry standard is not to steal from your customers.
have e-mails stating that he would take it back if i did not cut the bumper bar.
of course i was not going to cut the bar from my bumper.

this guy is a piece of work.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
veloci1
1st Gear
this guy is a piece of work. read the e-mail he sent me thrugh Ebay. he offers the refund, says h saw the bar on the small picture i sent and asked me to torch my bumper bar.

To: veloci1
Subject: Re: Other: veloci1 sent a message about 2007-2012 MINI Cooper S/ John Cooper Works Fully Polished Intercooler/FMIC #221156024720
Sent Date: Dec-10-12 16:14:12 PST

Dear veloci1,

Hi Andres, that really stinks. I pulled up your photo link and the pic is incredibly small, its very difficult for me to see whats going on but it looks like theres some type of a black steel "bridging" at the nose? Is it bolted on or welded? Can you upload a 2 or 3 megapixel version of that pic so I can zoom in on what is happening there?

This is the first time Ive heard of this and it is concerning, I wonder what their justification is for the revision. Can you give me some more details please, is your car a JCW or standard S, and is the fascia the normal S bumber or did you add or have added any JCW mods/upgrades before delivery? Im wondering if this has anything to do with possibly revised European pedestrian impact test standards.

Im trying to figure out how to handle this. If that part really does hang down it will be impossible to mount anybodys cooler, which would also rule out an Alta or Forge as we are all primarily the same. Do you have any friends at a welding or muffler shop? One option would be to torch off or sawcut the area that is interfering and just bolt the bumper back on again. I did that to my 83 Camaro to make some space and it was completely invisible from the outside. I will do my best to help you work through this if possible but if a return is the only solution, well then I guess it is what it is. I will issue you a refund through PayPal after the unit arrives.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will now address my side of the comment. This sale was made through an EBay "make an offer sale" that clearly stated that the unit is returnable only if defective. I made a "customer adjustment" and issued a refund anyway. Industry standard is to charge a restocking fee, which I did, and had to eat the ebay transaction fee, so I basically made nothing. I asked for pictures that illustrated the issue, and received none. An RMA request was never filed, and I was informed of the return after it had already been shipped. I stand firm by my decision, this is industry standard practice and is in no way deceptive or dishonest. The customer did not verify fitment and was unwilling to ask for assistance in resolving any installation issues. It is up to anyone reading this to make their own decisions as to how they view this matter, this is my statement.
Thanks, IHI/IHC LLC

Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
veloci1
1st Gear
it is too late to try to save face and scam someone else's money. read the e-mail you sent me above. you are contradicting yourself.

you got a picture, you knew what was wrong , you knew i was shipping and you still deny it.

i hope people make their own decisions. you wanted me to torch the bar, that is not help, that is stupidity.your auction says for 2012 Mini, so, i am supposed to check fitment? you are out of your mind!!!

Paypal will take care of you , if not, i will. if you knew anything about ebay, you would know that if you reverse the transaction, Ebay and paypal will refund all fees. admit it, you are trying to steal from people.

you screwed the wrong guy.

your return policy on ebay:

Return policy

After receiving the item, contact seller within
Refund will be given as
Return shipping
14 days
Money back or item exchange (buyer's choice)
Buyer pays return shipping
Return policy details
Returns will be accepted ONLY for units that have been damaged and a valid freight claim has been filed with the carrier of record. No returns will be accepted for units damaged during handling or installation, used off-road or for racing, or modified by the end user.

give me my money!!!!

Last edited by veloci1; 12-18-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Dark
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't 'break even' on a transaction that you falsely advertised, you eat the costs for your own mistake.
Consider it a service on this guys part for taking his own time to figure this fitment issue out for you.

Quit stating 'Industry Standard', it holds no weight and makes you sound like an ***. The only standard you should be following is customer satisfaction, even if it requires you to eat money on your own mistake.

As someone deployed overseas you disgust me.
Originally Posted by Clubman S Turbo
I will now address my side of the comment. This sale was made through an EBay "make an offer sale" that clearly stated that the unit is returnable only if defective. I made a "customer adjustment" and issued a refund anyway. Industry standard is to charge a restocking fee, which I did, and had to eat the ebay transaction fee, so I basically made nothing. I asked for pictures that illustrated the issue, and received none. An RMA request was never filed, and I was informed of the return after it had already been shipped. I stand firm by my decision, this is industry standard practice and is in no way deceptive or dishonest. The customer did not verify fitment and was unwilling to ask for assistance in resolving any installation issues. It is up to anyone reading this to make their own decisions as to how they view this matter, this is my statement.
Thanks, IHI/IHC LLC

Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Just issue his refund and eat your losses, if you stated that it fits his model and then it doesn't, you have no right to hold a dime of his funds. In fact, you should reimburse his shipping back to you. That is the way to build a business.

I've been in business for 17 years, and I would refund all of his money and apologize too.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Alpha Motoring
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Clubman S Turbo
Thanks, IHI/IHC LLC
What industry are you from that requires a restocking fee on something you sold that was advertised to fit the OP vehicle when it doesn't?

Needless to say it is a completely different story if you were upfront with the OP telling him/her they need to modify their crash bar to fit your product. You don't tell them afterwards. It is your fault you did not verify fitment, not the OP problem when you advertised it to fit his vehicle.

You own the business, you make money, your job is to make sure things fit and keep customers happy.

Without good customer service and after sales service you won't go far in the aftermarket industry.

Last edited by Alpha Motoring; 12-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM
flanders621
1st Gear
I'm confused here. You said you made "nothing" on this deal. You sold the OP a part that was incorrectly advertised and the OP returned it. You have the part, which is not defective, to sell to somebody else. Why should you make "anything" on this deal?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 AM
jcauseyfd
6th Gear
fwiw, the vendor in this case doesn't even know the proper recommended oil to put in a MINI. No surprise he wouldn't know the proper fitment for a part he is trying to sell.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
I have instructed Payal to resolve this incident and issue a full refund, with my apologies. It was not my intention to create tensions.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I love a happy ending.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
SidSwiftsteel
3rd Gear
New business growing pains. Lessons learned by many... Happy to see this on the way to being resolved.

Dark/Ryan - I greatly appreciate your service. Thank you! It appears that Iron horse coopersports supports our troops as well. According to their website, $40 is donated to the Wounded Warrior Foundation or a Baltimore charity for each IC sold.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
veloci1
1st Gear
Clubman S turbo,

you need to e-mail ebay and resolve the issue with them by telling them you are issuing a full refund and they will close the case i opened, issue you a full refund for fees. as of 2 minutes ago Ebay has not heard from you.

i hope you are not trying to pull the fast one on me and the members again by saying one thing and doing another.

i was on the phone with them and you have not even contacted Paypal yet.

i am waiting.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Dear Clubman S Turbo,

I dont know how long you have been in business but a 18% restocking fee should only apply if he changed his mind or no longer needs the part or ordered the wrong part. Not because you falsely advertised it fitting his vehicle. With the age of the internet this was a dumb move on your part as you see now, many people know not to do business with you ever again. You were given a chance to fix it and instead you come on here wanting to make it look like it is his fault. Now you look like an *** IMO.

If you are a start up company, you wont be around long, as this is everyones 1st impression of your business.

I always treat the world like Burger King, when I am paying I am having it my way!!

BTW Paypal would of refunded the money and you could of received a refund for the shipping and fees. Just ask and they will.

Last edited by Braminator; 12-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Creeve
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator
as this is everyones 1st impression of your business.
Unless you read his first thread a couple months ago, which he later deleted. In which he made unsubstantiated performance claims and bashed competing products/companies.

He was similarly unwilling to back down and listen to reason then too.

Color me unsurprised.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
I am curious as to what this false advertising claim refers, including but not limited to, any info by RealOEM, this is the first 2012 that I have seen "documented" that has an issue. RealOEM makes no note on any model that there is anything even close to resembling this unusual metal framework and since the requested photos were never produced, I have nothing to compare it to. Its always nice to be tried, convicted and executed in the courts of Public Opinion, but I guess that puts me in the same boat with George Zimmerman. PayPal has escrowed the funds and when their investigation is complete, they will release the money. I tried to do the right thing, but when you involve outside arbitration, then you are at the mercy of the outside arbitration, and I do not intend to continue to tolerate these baseless accusations of theft, NAM does have rules and these will be registered and enforced if neccessary. See the TOS that you signed.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
A refund through Paypal is simple. You find the transaction, and you will have a 'refund' option. It is immediate... and you get your fees back. It doesn't count against you either. However, a case against you that they have to arbitrate CAN count against you. The same with eBay, it does matter.

Perhaps someone can put up a photo of the part of the car that is in question, since the seller is unaware of the differences in structure that prevented fitment? It might be good for everyone to see where the part didn't fit, or what needed modifying. There was an engine change in 2011, correct?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
I am curious as to what this false advertising claim
Forget the false claim. The fact is it was not a direct fit unit as you stated it would be.

This was a bad business decision to let it get to arbitration. Like he said^ there is a refund button. You chose to let it go to arbitration instead.

Its always nice to be tried, convicted and executed in the courts of Public Opinion, but I guess that puts me in the same boat with George Zimmerman.
Thats what you want to compare this too? Really? That idiot was told not to follow him by the officer on the phone when he called 911 several times and he was told to back off and instead he chose to have a confrontation which led to his death.

Since you are comparing yourself to Zimmerman,the only thing that is the same with you two, is he killed another and you killed your business instead of doing the right thing from the start.

Quick Reply: R55 IronHorseCoopersport-scam artist