R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2014 R55 must have options

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Letigre
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFPhoto

I agree that the roof rails are nice, sadly they can not be added later according to local dealer service dept.

Wonder what else can not be added later. Xenon lights?
Well they're supposed to be an forth-coming plug-in kit for adding xenons, but they'll be 25 watts vs the factory lamp's 35 watts, and manually adjustable without the washers, therefore lacking the auto-adjusting adaptable lamps and washers you get with the factory option.

That said, it still makes xenon lamps a must have from the factory IMO. The after the fact xenons will be fine, and still a real step up from the halogen reflectors, but you still want the fully-featured lamps ordered from the factory in the first place. Especially since the option price is a bit of a steal.

Last edited by Letigre; 09-06-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Smoothmove
Cold weather package- even though I am in TX the heated seats are nice. Sunroof, Mini Connected with Nav- I am debating on ordering a new/new car just for this and roof rails come in very handy.
Really ? Heated seats in DFW ? No way, A/C seats YES. I had a tahoe LTZ loaner that had heated and A/C seats, now that was nice to cool that scorching leather down fast.

I wished I bought with xenon but all the models on the lot also came with other options I did not want and drove the price over what I wanted and the $1500 off the showroom floor model sold me. Only option I got was auto, I've outgrown my shifting days in traffic long ago, and fancy wheels. But the factory options with the S are nice, keyless, fog lights, rear defrost, I like the fuax leather seats.

My current loaner is paceman that has $41K MSRP , $15K in options. I can say I dislike the speedo, nav package, to cumbersome, I use my Iphone.
The xenons kick but, prefer a rear camera not doppler radar. Never use the sun roof or heated seats, the premium stereo does rock hard, speakers under the seats too. Folding mirror nice on big truck, not needed on MINI.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 PM
PEAN
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Sweden, maybe the possible options are different to US.
But I have all options except from sunroof on my clubman cooper S. The wired package is awesome (Mini connected).
Still, what makes me love the car is the engine and chassis. Always fun to drive.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fun thread to read everyone's reaction to options packages. I agree that the car stands alone on the driving, but... Nice to enjoy the extras. I bought mine off the lot and got every possible option, save navigation. In this, I gave up the Turbo, concept. I would have had to wait for months back in 2008. As time goes by I'm ok with that, and love the options that came packaged with it, even the anthracite headliner above and the chrome lined dash. I even had the shifter and handbrake leather done to match the hot choc interior. I'm a huge fan of the convenience package having some challenges with dexterity. It can be a life saver, or a real help. Bixenon lights, and fog lights to fill in all my toggle switch slots is a 'must' . I also bought the dog cargo liner and Clubman carpets. Oh, and the woody cover!

Last edited by TorchMINI; 10-20-2013 at 06:32 PM.