R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 ghosts after battery replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013 | 05:35 PM
OreoSAll4
|
2nd Gear
ghosts after battery replacement.

So last winter my car would start slow during cold temperatures. I looked at the date on my battery and it indicated it was 5 years old. Toughed it out during the winter and when summer hit, starting the car was fine. Its starting to get cold again so i bought a replacement and decided to remove the steering wheel in the process to see the model number on my SZL module to see if i could retro fit the MFSW in the future. Ive replaced batteries and removed airbags in most of my cars but this is the first thats given me a problem.

After getting the model number and replacing the battery, i started the car. Now i get 2 warning lights in the tach. One is the brake light in yellow, and the other is an exclamation point with an arrow going around it. Other issues with the car now
-theres no more uphill assistance
-DSC button stopped working
-the car pulls to the left, specially during slow speeds
-my automatic blinker return feature for turns stoped working
-and sometimes when the car is on, the engine off, the wipers go on

has anyone else had any or all of these issues, last resort is to take it to the dealership and get a diagnosis for approx $150.

Old 10-18-2013 | 05:55 PM
Panther MINI
2nd Gear
whoa that is very strange..I believe the ! with an arrow around it means DSC off, i get the symbol everytime i turn off dsc

Old 10-18-2013 | 05:58 PM
Panther MINI
2nd Gear
If you took the steering wheel off perhaps your car is pulling left because you did not re-install the steering wheel correctly, that might be the cause of your car pulling left and might also be why the blinkers and wipers are acting weird. But then again, i have barely any mechanical knowledge when it comes to cars, just wait and see what others think and say before you bring it in.

Old 10-19-2013 | 09:31 AM
OreoSAll4
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Panther MINI
If you took the steering wheel off perhaps your car is pulling left because you did not re-install the steering wheel correctly, that might be the cause of your car pulling left and might also be why the blinkers and wipers are acting weird. But then again, i have barely any mechanical knowledge when it comes to cars, just wait and see what others think and say before you bring it in.
i thought i installed it crooked also, but if it was that reason, it would still drive straight but the steering wheel would be crooked. in my case if i let the steering wheel go, it will pull to the left. i checked the tire pressure and everything was fine all around. This is my first computerized car so im a little lost. im used to 90s and older, where all you needed to do was disconnect the battery to reset the system. haha.